Summer 2014 Itineraries

Sadly, I think you are right, Jakanne :o

Why is it that everything that is bad for you tastes so good :confused:

I refused nothing on our last cruise and put on between 4 and 5 pounds in 2 weeks, which is not enough to put me off doing it again but I think with all those sea days on the next cruise and trips to the beach I will need to go to the gym and walk round that promenade deck a lot :eek:

Ha ha. 4/5 pounds is not bad in 2 weeks. My undoing last year was the litre bottle of Bailleys that I bought in the duty free shop on board and I drank nearly all of it on the balcony of our stay hotel watching the sun set over the sea........happy days. :)

We do the b2b with AI - we have a drying out session for about 3 months afterwards lol!

I think it's a real shame that Thomson didn't put on several of these cruises throughout the year; we are doing the Black Sea this year with B2B but the 2 week one goes to so many more places! Their b2b Black Sea next year only actually includes 2 ports in the Black Sea and 2 days at sea & they have dropped Nessebar which actually looks nicer than Constanta which they are continuing; will be interesting to see how well it sells!

I'm surprised they haven't put on more of the two week itinerary instead as it seems to be proving popular. Perhaps replace a couple of the one week itinerary with the two week one would have been a good idea? Next years one week itinerary I think is poor, two days at sea a Nessebar gone, a Constanta kept. :(

I'm surprised they haven't put on more of the two week itinerary instead as it seems to be proving popular. Perhaps replace a couple of the one week itinerary with the two week one would have been a good idea? Next years one week itinerary I think is poor, two days at sea a Nessebar gone, a Constanta kept. :(

Agree - I would have thought more dedicated Black Sea sailing dates instead of perhaps so many around the Holy Land. It will be interesting to see how the prices hold up for those itineraries in this early part of the season which will give us a feel of how popular they are.

I don't think Thomson should underestimate the interest in something new (well a re-vamp of some itineraries from years gone by) or by the popularity of 14nt itineraries either. I supose they are tied in a lot to their cruise and stay options which dictates 7 day itineraries with a return to base each week but it does seem a shame that they are only offering one sailing for the Black Sea and right at the end of the season too. When they did this on Celebration some years ago - we were back home before the sailing date in 2014!

Not a summer itinerary, but

its a shame they cant to a 14 nighter in caribbean and make the latin gems a proper latin gems cruise by calling at panama, costa rica, columbia , cozumel, roatan etc

I would buy into that:cool:

the current latin gems only calls at aruba/curacau/bonaire (dutch islands) & grenada?:confused:

its a shame they cant to a 14 nighter in caribbean and make the latin gems a proper latin gems cruise by calling at panama, costa rica, columbia , cozumel, roatan etc

the current latin gems only calls at aruba/curacau/bonaire (dutch islands) & grenada?:confused:

I think they could do some really good and varied 14 night itineraries around the Caribbean, like they've done previously when they docked in Cuba. But I suppose, the main point in all of this is that 7 night itineraries make more money, more flights in the end and then theres the cruise and stay option with it. In the end, finances will outweigh itinerary variation.

They used to do a 7 night itinerary to Panama I think?

I know a lot of cruise lines operate around the Caribbean in the summer, but I suppose the demand from the UK in the summer is more Med based. Interestingly that Pacific Mexico was one of the we destinations being considered, yet they're going there in the summer?

Yes I'd go for that too geomagot. :) We did a 14 night in the season Destiny and Dream were in the Caribbean - Destiny doing the b-2-b itineraries and Dream was doing two week cruises rotating from three base ports and destinations included Mexico, Cuba, Jamaica and Roatan - Roatan being our all time favourite Caribbean port - a $2 beer in a shack-like bar on stilts into the crystal sea was unforgettable!

I can understand their interest in doing 7-nighters (for those only wanting to do a week or for cruise and stay customers) but that surely doesn't preclude them from throwing in a limited number of 2-weekers with, as you suggest, a more varied and interesting selection of ports included.

The Panama one was a nine night itinerary that they used to do from Dominican Republic

Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic - Ship at Sea - Cartagena, Columbia - San Blas, San Blas Islands - Cruising through Panama Canal - Puerto Limon, Costa Rica - Ship at Sea - Montego Bay, Jamaica - Ship at Sea - Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic

The Panama one was a nine night itinerary that they used to do from Dominican Republic

Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic - Ship at Sea - Cartagena, Columbia - San Blas, San Blas Islands - Cruising through Panama Canal - Puerto Limon, Costa Rica - Ship at Sea - Montego Bay, Jamaica - Ship at Sea - Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic

Did that cruise go right through the Panama Canal to the Pacific and then return back through it? Apologies for my lack of geographical skills in that area of the world. :eek:

wow! like the sound of this.....surely if they embarked a couple of cruises in aruba (they fly there dont they?) they could fit a few of those ports into a 7 day itinerary and offer a week stay on aruba too?:cool::cool:

Agree - I would have thought more dedicated Black Sea sailing dates instead of perhaps so many around the Holy Land. It will be interesting to see how the prices hold up for those itineraries in this early part of the season which will give us a feel of how popular they are.

I don't think Thomson should underestimate the interest in something new (well a re-vamp of some itineraries from years gone by) or by the popularity of 14nt itineraries either. I supose they are tied in a lot to their cruise and stay options which dictates 7 day itineraries with a return to base each week but it does seem a shame that they are only offering one sailing for the Black Sea and right at the end of the season too. When they did this on Celebration some years ago - we were back home before the sailing date in 2014!

When we went to the Black Sea on the Emerald in 2006 it started on 5th October. The weather was really nice though and when we got to Yalta it was still holiday season there, in fact the place was heaving :).

I think the problem regarding the itineraries is a lot of us have been going with Thomson for a few years now and we now want something more than a week around the Med.

With this in mind you would think for Thomson to grow with us and not loose us, they could dedicate one ship to 'cruising'. It could start the season in the Atlantic and maybe pop down to the Cape Verde Isles, include the Azores and then continue with two week cruises until they got to the Black Sea. I'm sure they could tie in the departures with their regular airports.

Like lots of us I do want to stay with Thomson but only if I am able to do what cruising is all about for me.............seeing somewhere new.

When we went to the Black Sea on the Emerald in 2006 it started on 5th October. The weather was really nice though and when we got to Yalta it was still holiday season there, in fact the place was heaving :).

I think the problem regarding the itineraries is a lot of us have been going with Thomson for a few years now and we now want something more than a week around the Med.

With this in mind you would think for Thomson to grow with us and not loose us, they could dedicate one ship to 'cruising'. It could start the season in the Atlantic and maybe pop down to the Cape Verde Isles, include the Azores and then continue with two week cruises until they got to the Black Sea. I'm sure they could tie in the departures with their regular airports.

Like lots of us I do want to stay with Thomson but only if I am able to do what cruising is all about for me.............seeing somewhere new.

Great idea, Happy v. I am all for that :)

I have to agree, I picked up the brochure this last week and can only say I was under impressed. I also thought that some of their prices were expensive, I checked online and the prices were similar to the brochure, especially with many other cruise lines cutting prices.

I like the idea of dedicating a ship to 2 week cruises with a difference, we cruised around Cape Verde and Africa with Fred Olsen earlier this year, an excellent cruise. We have cruised many times with Thompson and love the brand but are now struggling to find something different, so cruise with other lines.

would like to see thoms doing a world cruise (segments) it doesnt even have to be every year....they’ve got the dreamliner....they could do it

I wouldn't even mind the sea days

just think guys....brazil/singapore/oz/dubai that would mix it up a bit eh? :cool::cool:

just a dream huh?.....a far flung dream?

Oh how I wish Thomson would do somecruises from Malaga! There is a new ´State of the Art´ cruise terminal there and so many flights to the local Airport from the UK and the rest of Europe.

Absolutely! That cruise terminal is superb and Malaga is a great city to spend time in. Perhaps the port fees are too high for Thomson.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk.

TA told me the 14 night Black Sea itinerary leaving on 6th October is a really popular one and they had sold 15 by the early afternoon when I was in. Such a pity there is only one date as it clashes with our timeshare :(

Yes 2 weeks in the black sea would be on my "to book" list EXCEPT there is no way I could manage October <boo-hoo> . Looking further out, maybe in 2015 they could do more than one 'fortnight in the black sea' cruise or do it earlier in the year!

Yes 2 weeks in the black sea would be on my "to book" list EXCEPT there is no way I could manage October <boo-hoo> . Looking further out, maybe in 2015 they could do more than one 'fortnight in the black sea' cruise or do it earlier in the year!

I'm in the same position, can't do October but would love to do it. I guess they don't do it in school holiday period as it probably won't be that popular with families, but mid-late June, this itinerary would be perfect!

I'm in the same position, can't do October but would love to do it. I guess they don't do it in school holiday period as it probably won't be that popular with families, but mid-late June, this itinerary would be perfect!

We're a family & would love to do it in school holiday times ;)

Having failed to get my brochure for 2014 before going away for the weekend, I went to Thomsons TA today armed with my card saying book from 26th April to get your £100 plus all the other offers for early booking, and guess what, no brochures! They can browse around for me, but I want to sit with a brochure and do my own browsing. I was interested in the Adriatic Explorer and Pearls of the Aegean which were in the mini brochure I picked up on Dream in Jan 13 covering cruises to April 14. They are in for this summer on Majesty, but they don't seem to be on line so presuming they are not in the 2014 brochure, but who knows. I cannot get my hands on one.

I have been trying to book a Crimean discovery cruise for next year with a stay in sensatori turkey but kept being told by Thomson there is a delay in it being loaded on the system. I have checked and the hotel is shown in the Side area near a forest and not in fethyie as previously thought. My travel agent said there is a problem and head office are trying to work out how to get cruise passengers to the hotel as it a six hour coach ride... Eek! I think someone has made a boo boo! Any thoughts anyone?!

I have been trying to book a Crimean discovery cruise for next year with a stay in sensatori turkey but kept being told by Thomson there is a delay in it being loaded on the system. I have checked and the hotel is shown in the Side area near a forest and not in fethyie as previously thought. My travel agent said there is a problem and head office are trying to work out how to get cruise passengers to the hotel as it a six hour coach ride... Eek! I think someone has made a boo boo! Any thoughts anyone?!

The Sensatori in Side is Sensatori Turkey, which is opening this year, and is in the Antalya region of Turkey.

Sensatori Fethiye will be opening in May 2014, and is in the Dalaman region. This is the one that will be offered with the cruises, so don't worry, there won't be a six hour coach ride.

Your travel agent has got the two hotels confused.

Here is Sensatori Fethiye on Thomson's website (but not the cruise part of the site):

http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/turkey/turkey-dalaman/fethiye/hotels/sensatori-resort-fethiye.html

At the moment though, it hasn't been uploaded onto the Cruise & Stay part of the cruise site, and when you do a mock booking it doesn't appear either. :confused:

It will definitely be offered though, as the new Sensatori hotel in Fethiye was mentioned as part of the main highlights for next summer cruises. I am guessing Thomson simply haven't put it in the Cruise & Stay system yet. I'd ring or email Thomson Cruises direct and ask why you can't book it yet. It is listed in the new brochure:

http://thomson.inbro.net/seeinsidebrochure/Thomson_Cruise-Oct-2013-...-Oct-2014:-April-Edition/EASTERN-MEDITERRANEAN/pages_84-85

Archived