Summer 2014 Itineraries

• 2 weeks later...

An update on summer 2014 itineraries.

Thomson Dream is now definitely going to be doing departures from Palma in May-June, Corfu July-August and Palma again September-October.

Thomson Dream has been booked into Split, Croatia on 01 Jul, 22 Jul, 05 Aug, 12 Aug and 26 Aug.

My favourite itinerary - Adriatic Explorer

My favourite ship - Thomson Dream

My favourite time of year to sail - end of June/beginning of July.

Well, looks like I've got my perfect cruise booked for 2014!!! :D

I think this will be a VERY popular cruise this one. A good decision in my opinion to swap the ships. Gives a bit more variety, and will be nice to see the Dream doing a Venice sail-in. Majesty has put me off looking at Corfu sailings for next year, so I'm very pleased by this move. One thing I have noticed from the dates is that there's a 3 week gap between the cruises in July. Usually, they make sure that they do the Adriatic Explorer every other week, but here it seems not. Could this be the Black Sea Odyssey two week cruise in July? :confused:

Ellacott had said that Rovinj was being looked at for 2014, but they didn't go for it as the ship would have been too big. Thomson Dream would be too big for Rovinj I think, so it all does tie up.

Only Thomson Dream has been booked in for 2014, so it looks like Thomson Majesty will be going elsewhere for the rest of the season. Zadar had been mentioned by Ellacott, so I guess it will probably dock in there instead, as both are quiet close.

Will keep updating if I find out anymore. Going now to save up ready for my 2014 cruise! ;) :D

An update on summer 2014 itineraries.

Thomson Dream is now definitely going to be doing departures from Palma in May-June, Corfu July-August and Palma again September-October.

Thomson Dream has been booked into Split, Croatia on 01 Jul, 22 Jul, 05 Aug, 12 Aug and 26 Aug.

My favourite itinerary - Adriatic Explorer

My favourite ship - Thomson Dream

My favourite time of year to sail - end of June/beginning of July.

Well, looks like I've got my perfect cruise booked for 2014!!! :D

I think this will be a VERY popular cruise this one. A good decision in my opinion to swap the ships. Gives a bit more variety, and will be nice to see the Dream doing a Venice sail-in. Majesty has put me off looking at Corfu sailings for next year, so I'm very pleased by this move. One thing I have noticed from the dates is that there's a 3 week gap between the cruises in July. Usually, they make sure that they do the Adriatic Explorer every other week, but here it seems not. Could this be the Black Sea Odyssey two week cruise in July? :confused:

Ellacott had said that Rovinj was being looked at for 2014, but they didn't go for it as the ship would have been too big. Thomson Dream would be too big for Rovinj I think, so it all does tie up.

Only Thomson Dream has been booked in for 2014, so it looks like Thomson Majesty will be going elsewhere for the rest of the season. Zadar had been mentioned by Ellacott, so I guess it will probably dock in there instead, as both are quiet close.

Will keep updating if I find out anymore. Going now to save up ready for my 2014 cruise! ;) :D

they arn't going to miss out on the Palma departures in mid summer, especially for 8 weeks as it would destroy the cruise and stay market :eek:

my guess is that majesty will move there as a replacement

they won't base Dream in corfu. the greek unions won't allow it.

why bother with all this confusion i don't know, just let majesty do the split calls. It is not as if they can't fill her with happy passengers. look at ellisons reply viz the passenger surveys and the prices they can charge for her itineries.

they arn't going to miss out on the Palma departures in mid summer, especially for 8 weeks as it would destroy the cruise and stay market :eek:

my guess is that majesty will move there as a replacement

they won't base Dream in corfu. the greek unions won't allow it.

why bother with all this confusion i don't know, just let majesty do the split calls. It is not as if they can't fill her with happy passengers. look at ellisons reply viz the passenger surveys and the prices they can charge for her itineries.

Majesty will be replacing Dream in Palma in July and August. I wonder if as Dream is going to be homeporting in Corfu for only two months, they can in some way get around the unions.

???? why ?????

Not too sure on the exact specifics, but I think that if a ship is homeporting in Greece and is not owned by a Greek company, by Greek law they have to have a certain number of Greek staff onboard, thus not the usual crew. In 2009, Thomson Celebration homeported in Corfu, and it caused a lot of problems with crewing, to the point where Thomson were considering swapping Celebration and Spirit over. The good thing with Spirit and Majesty is, being owned by Louis, they can homeport without a problem. Whether they can get away from this by only homeporting Thomson Dream for two months, I'm not sure, but it seems that it might be the case.

Not too sure on the exact specifics, but I think that if a ship is homeporting in Greece and is not owned by a Greek company, by Greek law they have to have a certain number of Greek staff onboard, thus not the usual crew. In 2009, Thomson Celebration homeported in Corfu, and it caused a lot of problems with crewing, to the point where Thomson were considering swapping Celebration and Spirit over. The good thing with Spirit and Majesty is, being owned by Louis, they can homeport without a problem. Whether they can get away from this by only homeporting Thomson Dream for two months, I'm not sure, but it seems that it might be the case.

The Celebration incident was a shambles. they had to terminate existing crews contracts at short notice and send them home. the replacement greek crew were a disaster, apparently they did not want to be there and were to say the least inefficient. Thomson solved the problem by rebasing Celebration in Marmaris. The Turks, with a lot more common sense, were happy to have them.

Thomson used to have a ship homeporting in Thessalonika, which is in Greece. the Emerald I think?

The Celebration incident was a shambles. they had to terminate existing crews contracts at short notice and send them home. the replacement greek crew were a disaster, apparently they did not want to be there and were to say the least inefficient. Thomson solved the problem by rebasing Celebration in Marmaris. The Turks, with a lot more common sense, were happy to have them.

Thomson used to have a ship homeporting in Thessalonika, which is in Greece. the Emerald I think?

I sailed on Celebration out of Corfu in 2009, and definitely noticed the difference. The crew just didn't have the same enthusiasm as the usual.

The Calypso used to do the Thessalonika sailings, again owned by Louis. Before 2009, they always had The Emerald in Corfu, so never had any problems with this crewing situation. If Thomson get a newer and larger ship than Dream at some point, they are going to have a lot of problems in choosing a ship for Corfu. The natural ship would be Dream, but don't think they'd want to do that again. Perhaps we'll see more repositionings halfway through a season like 2014. Still don't know for sure if Spirit will be in Marmaris.

in 2010/11 spirit also had to take on some greeks ,not sure what % its got to be but its at every level of staff, the top end dept (bridge) is not really affected as there are usually a few around anyway, in mid management i recall the asst bar manager was a take on ,creepy git and not liked by his staff, also on better wages than his boss ivan, i think most of the blue collar ones were kept a bit out of the way and not well liked by the regulars as they had to be paid about 2-3 times their wages, had a greek cabin steward in 2010 ,did his work ok but was a miserable sod, didnt even raise a smile when he got his tip

• 1 month later...

Thomson Celebration

Now listed to call in at Orkney on 21 May and 22 August 2014, confirming that it will definitely be Celebration to operate ex-UK for summer 2014, and not Thomson Spirit. :)

If you haven't read it yet, I've done a piece on my blog summarising the current info regarding summer 2014 itineraries:

http://sailawaysblog.wordpress.com/2013/01/02/more-variety-for-thomson-cruises-summer-2014-sailings/

Galaxy meant to ask, do you know if Thomson Celebration has been booked into any Icelandic ports for 2014? Been looking at when they could be doing the Fire & Ice in 2014, but can't find which dates it might be for. Thanks. :)

Hello and Happy new year,Sailaway487 and to all users of the forum.

At the moment i dont know if she is booked in Iceland,but as soon i know anything i will let you know :)

can't see the april sails for the spirit next year they are in the brochure but nothing online

The April 2014 ones? I can't find them either. They're in the new brochure (Pharaohs & the Promise Land and Aegean Discovery), but only Dream, Majesty and Celebration are showing up. They're not on Cruise Deals either.

Either the website isn't working, their not releasing them yet or they're not going to be operating. I think they might not be releasing them yet, as IE should be cruising in April too but they haven't released these itineraries. I wonder that as these are the first cruises of the year for both ships, they might let them go on sale when they release summer 2014? Either that or they've pulled Spirit. :confused:

The April 2014 ones? I can't find them either. They're in the new brochure (Pharaohs & the Promise Land and Aegean Discovery), but only Dream, Majesty and Celebration are showing up. They're not on Cruise Deals either.

Either the website isn't working, their not releasing them yet or they're not going to be operating. I think they might not be releasing them yet, as IE should be cruising in April too but they haven't released these itineraries. I wonder that as these are the first cruises of the year for both ships, they might let them go on sale when they release summer 2014? Either that or they've pulled Spirit. :confused:

gonna call my ta tomorrow

Let us know what you find out, as I wouldn't mind having a look at the Aegean Discovery one if it is a good price. Especially if it is going to be Spirit's last year.

We are doing that this year, but not all the family, maybe the pharrohs next april or this again with other family members, we like the spirit richard grey is back on as cd this year

Let us know what you find out, as I wouldn't mind having a look at the Aegean Discovery one if it is a good price. Especially if it is going to be Spirit's last year.

my ta couldn't see any cruise on his system, s gonna call thomson and let me know

Archived