Summer 2014 Itineraries

Yes guys, did the 3 day with P & O would do one with Thomson at the drop ofa hat even a 3 day fly cruise, P & O was OK but the ambiance on Thomson is for me what makes it.

Off Skiing again end of March 'cruising' overnight to Caen (Brittany Ferry's) just me Mr T and the dogs :-)

Sorry for any typos, just got back from a night out and now watching Top

Gun... BTW Mr T. Looks far better than Tom Cruise in his flying Greens :-)

Not another holiday, Topsey lol!! Think you have more than us ;);).

Hope you had a good night & head not too sore this morning. :D

Cristal has been chartered to cruise Cuba hasn't she?

Found a link - http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/8621-louis-cristal-to-cuba-winter-20132014.html

Interesting move that one for Louis.

I was reading an article about Louis from last year and their plans for the future, will try and post it on the thread that we had about Louis ships for sale (if I can find it again. :rolleyes:)

There was a rumour Spirit was leaving, so whether it could replace it?

What's the info you have?

The information I got was second hand but originally from a very reliable source. ( Not Thomson but strongly connected with Thomson.) Led to believe it was to be an additional ship but may possibly be a replacement. Whether for the Spirit or not I don't know. As no one else seems to have heard anything so far, I don't want to say too much in case it causes trouble for the people concerned.

The ship is smaller than the other Thomson ships but looks quite nice.

The information I got was second hand but originally from a very reliable source. ( Not Thomson but strongly connected with Thomson.) Led to believe it was to be an additional ship but may possibly be a replacement. Whether for the Spirit or not I don't know. As no one else seems to have heard anything so far, I don't want to say too much in case it causes trouble for the people concerned.

The ship is smaller than the other Thomson ships but looks quite nice.

It is quite a small ship, originally a ferry, but went through a huge rebuid.

Possibly an adult only ship like The Calypso was? Would guess, as it is smaller, that it would be an addition, maybe for the short term so they could add a new destination? Try and find out an more info and I'll keep a lookout to see if I can find anything else. :)

If Thomson are considering bringing in Cristal I would be very worried about FE's leadership and future plans for the brand. It is not a positive step.

Unless of course it was to replace IE for a few months....? :)

If Thomson are considering bringing in Cristal I would be very worried about FE's leadership and future plans for the brand. It is not a positive step.

Unless of course it was to replace IE for a few months....? :)

I agree. Even though inside it does look in quite good condition on the whole (cabins look dated), I was kind of waiting for the new build announcement instead, whereas Cristal is more reminiscent of The Calypso days.

I agree. Even though inside it does look in quite good condition on the whole (cabins look dated), I was kind of waiting for the new build announcement instead, whereas Cristal is more reminiscent of The Calypso days.

Like you say Sailaway it would be great for adult only and would go through Corinth canal wouldnt it?

From the pictures i think it looks very nice and also i dont think Thomsons will be looking at new build at the moment even though they have hinted, think it will be more like 5 years, lets face it even their "new " current ships are everyone elses cast offs. I think before brand new they will go through the nearly new stage first but i may be wrong.

If Spirit is to go they may just replace with another from Louis on the same type of deal, that would seem more likely i think :confused:

Like you say Sailaway it would be great for adult only and would go through Corinth canal wouldnt it?

From the pictures i think it looks very nice and also i dont think Thomsons will be looking at new build at the moment even though they have hinted, think it will be more like 5 years, lets face it even their "new " current ships are everyone elses cast offs. I think before brand new they will go through the nearly new stage first but i may be wrong.

If Spirit is to go they may just replace with another from Louis on the same type of deal, that would seem more likely i think :confused:

Here some pictures for everyone, you need to click on the Categories part to get more images:

http://louiscruises.com/en/cruise-ships/louis-cristal/photo-gallery

It's not a bad looking ship inside, I just expected a bit more this time. I think that you're right though about the middle way between the current fleet and a new build. I'd expect maybe leasing a larger mid-size ship i.e. Celebrity Century or Statendam first, then maybe a new build later on. We'll see...

There is a glitzy promotional video on YouTube, which shows the ship at its best obviously. I find it funny the way they have clearly used the Eastern European members of staff to play the parts of passengers! I'll have to go and find the link!

It took some finding -

Before we all get carried away, this is only a rumour.

There is a glitzy promotional video on YouTube, which shows the ship at its best obviously. I find it funny the way they have clearly used the Eastern European members of staff to play the parts of passengers! I'll have to go and find the link!

It took some finding -

Before we all get carried away, this is only a rumour.

I really think it's a lovely little ship if it's as nice in the "flesh" ;);)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...
Thomson Spirit now down as booked into Kirkwall, Orkney twice in 2014 instead of Celebration...swapped yet again it seems!

Thanks for that! Odd that they've been swapped. Perhaps Spirit wasn't going to be sailing next year and now it is, so they've put Celebration back in Marmaris.

Galaxy, have the Norwegian ports got Spirit now instead?

Will keep a look out to see if there are any other changes.

Blimey! They like to keep us guessing don't they? :confused:

Not that it makes any difference to us as we like Spirit and Celebration equally. But it does make you wonder what's in the wind and why these changes are being made! :rolleyes:

I'm guessing it would be something to do with Spirit's last sailings with Thomson (if it isn't renewed anyway). Perhaps some special cruises for the last month or something? :confused:

I would think these are the last changes now before April, as it is usually about now (well was past couple of years) when they email staff details about next summer. Time to do a bit more exploring... :rolleyes:

Archived