Horses - HMC - 2006

As many of you know, HAL will not be doing any cruises in 2006 in the Caribbean.

SO - what will happen to the horses? Will HAL move them off the island?

On our recent Zuiderdam cruises, each week the ship was loaded with hay and other food to be delivered to the island for the horses.

We're on the Volendam Jan 12 doing the Southern Carribbean and we stop at HMC during our cruise. I'm not sure what you mean about HAL not doing the Caribbean during 2006???

Toni

KK that's a very good question. Unless HAL allows other ships to use the island during the summer, there would be no regular delivery. I suspect that they will move the horses from the island until they resume cruises there in the fall.

I believe KK is referring to the summer itinerary for the caribbean 2006. There are no HAL ships scheduled for the caribbean then.

I would assume that Carnival and/or some of the other lines that Carnival owns will be using Half Moon Cay.

It's the SUMMER of 2006 with no HAL ships in the caribbean.

I read somewhere that Carnival will be using HMC summer 2006. There have been reports of several Carnival ships stopping at HMC recently when there are no HAL ships scheduled there.

I find it odd that both HAL and Princess (both owned by Carnival) have "private" Islands yet Carnival doesn't have one exclusivly for Carnival branded ships. I'm surprised that Carnival hasn't "taken over" eith HMC or Princess Cay.

..... I read somewhere that Carnival will be using HMC summer 2006. There have been reports of several Carnival ships stopping at HMC recently when there are no HAL ships scheduled there.....

This may be one of the reasons that HAL has no ships in the Caribbean in 2006 summer. HMC might be being used to make some Carnival cruises more attractive to book in the summer if those ships are stopping there.

This may be one of the reasons that HAL has no ships in the Caribbean in 2006 summer. HMC might be being used to make some Carnival cruises more attractive to book in the summer if those ships are stopping there.

What I read indicated that Carnival would use HMC BEACAUSE of no HAL ships in the Caribbean NOT no HAL ships in the Caribbean because Carnival was using HMC.

I believe the reason for no HAL in the Caribbean in summer '06 is that HAL can make more money with a ship in Alaska or Europe than in the Caribbean in the Summer.

Soma additional info...for what it's worth.

I just checked cruisecal for HMC and there are NO ships scheduled for HMC during June, July, August and September of 2006 at this time.

Sorry - I should have said summer of 2006.

From what I can figure there won't be any HAL ship stopping at HMC from about the end of April, beginning of May until the ships return from Alaska near the end of September.

Do you think that maybe Carnival will use the island during those months. Will Carnival have a cruise ship in the Caribbean during the summer months of 2006?

Sorry - I should have said summer of 2006.

From what I can figure there won't be any HAL ship stopping at HMC from about the end of April, beginning of May until the ships return from Alaska near the end of September.

Do you think that maybe Carnival will use the island during those months. Will Carnival have a cruise ship in the Caribbean during the summer months of 2006?

Carnival has many ships sailing the Caribbean year-round. I'm actually sailing the Imagination next week - should be interesting.

The only reason I asked if maybe a Carnival ship might be using HMC in the summer of 2006 is because a couple of years ago (2003), one of the Carnival ships did use the island a couple of times - not when a HAL ship was there.

So far I have never heard of a Radisson ship using HMC.

Archived