Full Steam Ahead - the AMERICAN QUEEN!

eroller

Hi there - we are flying into Memphis tomorrow to take the cruise to New Orleans! Any recent cruisers that can answer these questions?

Is there a hot tub or tubs onboard? Nice after lots of walking.

How is the cell phone reception?

Is there wifi onboard?

Any last minute packing tips? Something you wish you'd brought - or not to forget?

Thanks!!

Marty in No Cal

Bon voyage! There is a small swimming pool onboard, but it may or may not be filled or heated. Last October the pool did not have water in it while I was cruising, but the weather was quite chilly on the Upper Mississippi River. There is no hot tub onboard. Free wi-fi is available, but like the cell phone service it is not always available. The boat will be running through rather rural areas and there just is not service available on some stretches of river.

Please, report back how your diningroom service was.

Bon voyage! There is a small swimming pool onboard, but it may or may not be filled or heated. Last October the pool did not have water in it while I was cruising, but the weather was quite chilly on the Upper Mississippi River. There is no hot tub onboard. Free wi-fi is available, but like the cell phone service it is not always available. The boat will be running through rather rural areas and there just is not service available on some stretches of river.

Please, report back how your diningroom service was.

Thank you and I will! Hoping for the best after all the mixed reviews.

We haven't booked yet, but are fascinated with the prospect and doing our recon. Is there any reason why a veranda cabin would not be a great pick? And for first-timers on a second honeymoon, what itinerary would you suggest? Any replies will be toasted.:)

We haven't booked yet, but are fascinated with the prospect and doing our recon. Is there any reason why a veranda cabin would not be a great pick? And for first-timers on a second honeymoon, what itinerary would you suggest? Any replies will be toasted.:)

If it is a private verandah I do not see any problem

We chose the D cabin which has a window

The other Verandah cabins open to the public deck so not really private

That is my take on it ;)

We just booked yesterday after trying to decide whether to go or not

Lyn

Archived