*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Here's what Royal Caribbean has posted on their website about the Navigator upgrades. I'm really excited!:D

A couple things...I noticed they mentioned a concierge lounge. I wonder if that means they are building a new one that will have a nicer ambience than the current "Inside Cabin" lounge? I also hope that with three specialty restaurants they start to offer a dining package like they do on the Oasis class and the renovated ships.

Sail on the first ship to debut with virtual balconies! Enjoy the sights and sounds of the sea with expansive real-time views of the ocean and our exciting destinations—all from the comforts of your interior stateroom. Plus, we’re introducing panoramic oceanview staterooms with floor-to-ceiling windows. With staterooms this innovative, you may never want to leave!

More delectable ways to dine onboard are coming. Have dinner family style at Giovanni’s Table, and share Italian classics. Bite into the sumptuous pan-Asian cuisine at Izumi, grab a snack at the complimentary Park Café, and enjoy tasty treats from the vintage style bakery Cupcake Cupboard.

Hang ten above sea level on the FlowRider®, the first signature surf simulator to debut on the Voyager-class. Or simply hang out by the pool and watch movies and sporting events on a 220-square foot outdoor screen. We’re also adding the Royal Babies & Tots Nursery, and the Concierge and Diamond Lounges exclusively for suite and Crown & Anchor® Society members.

Staying connected at sea will be easier than ever with Wi-Fi available throughout the ship. And if you choose to stay in your stateroom to catch a movie, you'll be able to do it with all new flat-panel televisions. Best of all, we're introducing digital way-finders onboard so you can find your next hangout and see what's lined up for the day.

Here's what Royal Caribbean has posted on their website about the Navigator upgrades. I'm really excited!:D

A couple things...I noticed they mentioned a concierge lounge. I wonder if that means they are building a new one that will have a nicer ambience than the current "Inside Cabin" lounge? I also hope that with three specialty restaurants they start to offer a dining package like they do on the Oasis class and the renovated ships.

Sail on the first ship to debut with virtual balconies! Enjoy the sights and sounds of the sea with expansive real-time views of the ocean and our exciting destinations—all from the comforts of your interior stateroom. Plus, we’re introducing panoramic oceanview staterooms with floor-to-ceiling windows. With staterooms this innovative, you may never want to leave!

More delectable ways to dine onboard are coming. Have dinner family style at Giovanni’s Table, and share Italian classics. Bite into the sumptuous pan-Asian cuisine at Izumi, grab a snack at the complimentary Park Café, and enjoy tasty treats from the vintage style bakery Cupcake Cupboard.

Hang ten above sea level on the FlowRider®, the first signature surf simulator to debut on the Voyager-class. Or simply hang out by the pool and watch movies and sporting events on a 220-square foot outdoor screen. We’re also adding the Royal Babies & Tots Nursery, and the Concierge and Diamond Lounges exclusively for suite and Crown & Anchor® Society members.

Staying connected at sea will be easier than ever with Wi-Fi available throughout the ship. And if you choose to stay in your stateroom to catch a movie, you'll be able to do it with all new flat-panel televisions. Best of all, we're introducing digital way-finders onboard so you can find your next hangout and see what's lined up for the day.

Awesome :D :D Thanks Cindy for keeping us so well informed :D

Deedee

Hi, Linda. We are booked in Dec., Feb. and May so far. Probably will do Oct. and Dec., 2014. I was booked on the April 27 cruise until I saw the 6 night going to Costa Maya May 4. Switched to that cruise instead. I was quite certain when Cindy posted that Luca anounced that NOS would be year round in Galveston that it was a done deal. Luca is too professional to give out erroneous information. Now if we could just get him to the Naviagor, that would be perfect!

Does anyone know if any of the changes might cause a change in room numbers? We have two B2B's booked in our favorite storeroom!

This is fantastic news. We should all email Adam Goldstein with our thanks.

Cruzin Lady

I really doubt that Royal will make the mistake of changing stateroom numbers again. They made that mistake on Spendour and Rhapsody, and by the time they got to Grandeur, they learned to leave the existing stateoom numbers alone, and use odd numbers for the new staterooms.

Does anyone know if any of the changes might cause a change in room numbers? We have two B2B's booked in our favorite storeroom!

This is fantastic news. We should all email Adam Goldstein with our thanks.

Cruzin Lady

I'm curious...which is your favorite room?

I rarely post on here (but I am always lurking! :)), but I just had to post and say how excited our family is about this news! We have been on the Navigator twice and absolutely love her! Unfortunate circumstances have kept us from cruising the last two years, but times are changing and hopefully we will be back on the Navigator soon! Returning to year round cruising from Galveston for RCCL will be great for our family! In the words of Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty, we are Happy, Happy, Happy!

More good news!:) From the article posted by Rudyard...

Meanwhile, Port officials are planning $8 million to $10 million in improvements at the terminal that will serve the Navigator of the Seas.

You think maybe they will fix the flow in the parking lots! Isch!

I've always wondered why we have to drive into the Carnival parking and past their pier instead of our own...all they have to do is open the other gate:rolleyes:

Does anyone have any idea how long RCCL has committed to the Galveston port for the year round cruising?

With Galveston committing 10 million for terminal

It's longer than a year.

I will try to find out.

Edited by ssb

It's longer than a year.

I will try to find out.

I'm glad to see they are going to do some much needed upgrades to the terminal. And you're right, it has to be more than a year. I'm happy to have another year round ship in port besides Carnival Magic. I love having a port so close to home!

You think maybe they will fix the flow in the parking lots! Isch!

I've always wondered why we have to drive into the Carnival parking and past their pier instead of our own...all they have to do is open the other gate:rolleyes:

I'm with ya on this one Becci--sure seems like there would be an easier traffic flow!! By the way, how was your Mariner Cruise? How was debarkation? We just got back from our Panama Canal Cruise and Princess has debarkation figured out!! We did self assist and had a group #, that's the only way it will work--everyone gets a number and they give you a ticket that you show when you debark so they know you are debarking with the correct group. We had 7:40 debark time--we were off the ship and at the airport at 8:15.

Leave next week on the Disney Magic--too good of a military discount to pass up!! An 8 day, going to Castaway Cay, Disney World and Key West.

Thrilled RCCL will be sailing out of Galveston year round!!

It's longer than a year.

I will try to find out.

totally agree, I would guess 3 years (or set # of departures within that time, so it could be year round or 2 ships part of the year if year round does not work?)