*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

I'm D+ and had to print my own. I went to Walgreens and bought a travel tooth care kit--actually 2 of them for $1 each. It has a small tube of toothpaste, a tooth brush and cover. What's important is the packaging. A nice plastic case just the size for luggage tags. Attach it with a cable tie and I'm good to go.

Tucker in Texas

That's a great idea! I have some reuseable tag holders I purchased on Amazon, but your method is much more economical!:D

Let the speculation commence...I just saw this on the HAL board. I can't imagine they would bring a ship to this market to do 7-Night Caribbean cruises. There's too much competition, and that's not really HAL's bread and butter. Maybe we might have an option for longer cruises from Galveston!:)

I’m looking around the HAL website and on their employment page, it says they are hiring for Pier Agents in Galveston. Is HAL coming to Galveston?

Let the speculation commence...I just saw this on the HAL board. I can't imagine they would bring a ship to this market to do 7-Night Caribbean cruises. There's too much competition, and that's not really HAL's bread and butter. Maybe we might have an option for longer cruises from Galveston!:)

WOW and I thought Galveston ship issues were settled??

Interesting for sure!

Thanks Blackjack2 and Cindy

Curiosity got the better of me, so I went on a little seek & find mission on HAL's website. Here's what I found (I didn't copy the whole thing), and I put the most intriguing line in bold red type:

Job Title: Pier Agent

Department: S/Ops Galveston - Meet & Greet

Company: Galveston Shore Operations

State/Province: Texas

City: Galveston

Position Type: Year Round

Edited by Cindy

Curiosity got the better of me, so I went on a little seek & find mission on HAL's website. Here's what I found (I didn't copy the whole thing), and I put the most intriguing line in bold red type:

Job Title: Pier Agent

Department: S/Ops Galveston - Meet & Greet

Company: Galveston Shore Operations

State/Province: Texas

City: Galveston

Position Type: Year Round

Cindy, a pier agent at the Carnival terminal told us they were actually employed by and paid by HAL.

Thanks for bursting my bubble, Carla!;)

I'm sorry!! I would love to see more cruise ships with longer itineraries out of Galveston also. Have you checked out the Seranade of the Seas out of New Orleans? Some really good prices for itinerary going to Nassau, Key West and Coco Cay. We may try it next Jan when the Navigator is in dry dock.

I'm sorry!! I would love to see more cruise ships with longer itineraries out of Galveston also. Have you checked out the Seranade of the Seas out of New Orleans? Some really good prices for itinerary going to Nassau, Key West and Coco Cay. We may try it next Jan when the Navigator is in dry dock.

We're actually booked on the Serenade...in 2015!:eek: We thought it would be something different, and believe it or not I've never been to New Orleans!

I was momentarily excited that HAL might be coming to Galveston to do some longer itineraries...I would probably book it immediately. However, I also realized over the weekend that as much as we loved our HAL cruise in the fall, at this point it's hard for me to think about booking a cruise with anybody other than Royal Caribbean or Celebrity. I like my perks and discounts too much!:o For me to do something different it's going to be an itinerary that entices me.

Edited by Cindy

We're actually booked on the Serenade...in 2015!:eek: We thought it would be something different, and believe it or not I've never been to New Orleans!

I was momentarily excited that HAL might be coming to Galveston to do some longer itineraries...I would probably book it immediately. However, I also realized over the weekend that as much as we loved our HAL cruise in the fall, at this point it's hard for me to think about booking a cruise with anybody other than Royal Caribbean or Celebrity. I like my perks and discounts too much!:o For me to do something different it's going to be an itinerary that entices me.

Wow so close and never to NOLA. Dw I think picked bigger planes this time to avoid terminal B this week after being in middle of shooting last week.

Interesting info dug up about HAL possibly here full time. Would be nice if Frey come and run ten to fourteen night sailings out of here on a long term basis.

Welcome to The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group (Part 3). :D If you enjoy watching Mariner of the Seas arrive and depart on the Galveston.com webcams, you have come to the right place! If you have never heard of the Galveston Cruise Cam, here is the link: http://www.galveston.com/webcams/

This is the thread we will be using for the 2012/2013 season.

Who wants to be a part of our group? Join today! :)

Thanks for posting, loving the webcam!

There may be some cabin number changes and some slight location changes on Navigator after her refurb. I spoke with a C&A rep two days ago who confirmed this. Obviously, the cabin catagory will be what you have paid for, but it may not be where you thought it would be. This can apparently be in all catagories. She advised that some people have already been notified of changes. We are on NOS Feb. 23 for a family cruise and on the May 6 cruise to Costa Maya. No way to know when anyone will be notifed of any changes to their cabin. The rep said, as changes were finalized, notifications will go out.

Cindy, you will love Serenade and NOLA! We've been on Serenade twice and will be on Jewel next week - love the Radiance class. The windows and view in the concierge lounge are terrific and the view from the thermal suite in the spa is equally wonderful. Plan to do a couple of nights pre-cruise in New Orleans so you can take advantage of all the awesome restaurants and music (be sure to get tickets for Preservation Hall and stop at Pat O'Brien's).

Deedee

With Carnival's Triumph returning in June, it appears Carnival is intending to make as big a splash as possible.....They are even taking their senior Cruise DIrector (John Heald) off the St Petersburg, Russian itinerary to fly to Galveston and take the first departure.

Been a rough road for them these past months, hope all goes well. A healthy cruise industry benefits all of us cruise folks.

Edited by TEXASMUNK

FYI Navigator TA to Galveston in November showing D2 balcony cabins for $629 Senior/Military etc rate. Wow.

I saw this price and had to book it! After I booked it, I found there is also a C&A Savings Certificate for $225 off the booking. I almost felt guilty when I called to have it applied!

I saw this price and had to book it! After I booked it, I found there is also a C&A Savings Certificate for $225 off the booking. I almost felt guilty when I called to have it applied!

Yes

our Repo Rome to Barcelona and TA Barcelona to Galveston

groups jumped all over that pricing on a superior balcony.

Two fellow cruisers let their corner balconies go.

Now the the pricing has jumped way backup.

Hoping the repo will drop again?

A guarantee balcony was 699 and now 729.

The started out at in the 900+ range.

Glad you got it and thanks to pspercy!!

Also glad the Triumph is back with its benefits to area!

Edited by ssb

Does anyone know when the Triumph will return to Galveston? I know her first sailing is on June 13th, but I'm wondering if she will return a day or two early.

All I've heard is that John Heald, Carnival's senior Cruise Director is supposed to be in Galveston on the 12th. Don't know if that means they will arrive that morning or earlier. I know that vesselfinder.com will post a ships ETA to it's next destination. Right now Triumph still shows as arriving in Freeport on May 11th. I guess they will update that once they know when she will be leaving there for here.

Edited by Rudyard

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Heald is going to be the Cruise Director for at least the first sailing. With the ship having been not only mechanically repaired, but also "enhanced" smart marketing move by Carnival to bring in the "big gun" to welcome the ship back to Galveston.

Just think in 5 months Galveston will be busy ..full time!

According to Marine Traffic, The Triumph is returning tomorrow (the 11th) at around 9am. Always give or take a few hours, though. Triumph departs on Thursday for the first time since this mess.

If I remember correctly, one of my former classmates said she will be cruising on Triumph sometime this month.

Scrolled through today's WOW sale departures.....Navigator was not on the list. Guess it is selling well enough they do not have to discount any further....at least right now.

Edited by TEXASMUNK

Hello to all my Galveston cam watchers. We are headed to Alaska once again next Monday on the Norwegian Sun on a b to b. WOW, are they giving away rooms on the ship. We upgraded to a balcony room for $719pp. Our cabin we are giving up on the inside is $379pp. You can't go to the Caribbean for those prices as some rooms are $299pp. :eek: