Anyone Used Onboard Laundry Service?

Used it last Christmas a couple of times when my luggage was lost and it was great. Thinking about getting a little done on my Alaska cruise a couple of days before I start my land portion just so I won't have to pack so much.:)

I've used it before and they did a great job. Price wise it was less expensive than at home. You'll have it back the next day, although you can pay to get it back quicker.

I have had my 2 formal dresses ironed when we got on board. It worked out really well, they were ready for formal night and they looked beautiful. It was also very reasonable.

When I was in AOS last year with 2 other girls in the same cabin, one of the girls opened her suitcase when luggage arrived the first night and found that a bottle of merlot had broken and gotten all the clothes in that suitcase stained. We are talking whites, pinks, blues, etc. All were stained in one way or another. We called the laundry service right away and they told us what to do (presoak some, etc.) and they sent someone to pick up the 3 or 4 bags of clothing for immediate cleaning. She got all the clothes back the next morning, nicely wrapped up, with 95% Of the stains out! Everything looked great. She had 2 tops that were light in color (one white, one pink) that had very light swirling of pinkish that did not come out all the way but actually looked like the shirts were meant to be that way. The final bill was about $70 but we all thought that was a steal for the amount of clothes and the service.

The first thing I do when our luggage arrives is start filling the laundry bags. Send DH's tux out to be cleaned and pressed and my dresses and DH's shirts to be pressed. Less expensive than having it done at home and I don't spend the night before we leave for our cruise ironing. Everything arrives back in our cabin about 4:00 p.m. the next day.

I've used the onboard laundry service as well and they've always done a great job at a very reasonable price. I usually send all of my dirty clothes to the ships laundry on the second to last day, that way when I pack to come home, all of my clothes are cleaned and ready to be put away... it saves me from having to spend the whole afternoon back home doing laundry :-)

I have never used the laundry service on a cruise before. Has anyone used it and how did you like it?

I used it to have Naren's tux shirt pressed with starch. It was great because I was able to take a very wrinkled shirt onboard the ship, and had it come back like it was just from the cleaners! The cost was about $1.50. Worth every penny (because then I DIDN'T HAVE to do it!) :)

Bob

NCL Sunward II

Emerald Seas

HAL Veendam (old and new)

HAL Zaandam

RCI Majesty 3/20/06

RCI Navigator 4/8/06

And more to come.....

Uhm, I think you need to cruise more often! :D

What an impressive list, sir :)

Archived