Port of Miami questions????

bmack0034

Hi all,

Cruising out of Miami on the Breeze in April....but had a few questions I hope you guys or gals can help me with. Thanks!!!!

1. We are flying in a couple days early, have two 13yr olds. Can you recommend a safe,family friendly hotel with much to do and see within walking distance?

2. What is the earliest you think we can catch a flight home out of Fort Lauderdale?

3. Easiest way to get from Fort Lauderdale to Miami? Taxi or Tram/Train....sorry unfamiliar with area.....and what can I expect to spend.

Thank you

I agree, I would use SAS we just used them this past week for the liberty, picked up our bags @ Fll and they were there within 3 minutes! At the port we called after going through customs and they picked us up within 3 minutes. Unbelievable service. I would also reccomend the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, ask for. Room on an upper floor overlooking the port and you will be amazed at the view and watching your ship and others turn around what seems like right outside your window. You are also right across from Bayside Market Place which has outdoor bars, resturants, entertainment and shops. Which is really great pre cruis atmosphere.

Actually in Miami tonight for Destiny cruise tomorrow and used SAS today for transfer from FLL to the hotel. Great service with absolutely no issues. We are at the DoubleTree Biscayne Bay and while its a nice hotel I don't think I would go out my way to bring kids to this area. I recently read that Coral Gables has alot of kid activities so check into that.

Archived