West coast get away-golden 2013

gleach4259

I was hoping to get some advise from the California folks on here. I am looking at a quick 4 day cruise on Golden ( October 28 2013), as my husband and I will be wrapping up a two week vacation with family out in California at that time.

I have looked at the rolls calls and so far no one has started one. There IS one started for the cruise just before it, but so far only 2 people have posted.

So my question is....do these cruises typically fill up quickly? Should I book it with the thought that I can cancel if our plans (which are not totally firmed up yet) change and the dates don't work? If I wait, do I stand a better chance at a price drop?

Last question, I have never been on the golden, so any advise/thoughts to share?

Thanks so much :)

First of all, this cruise is about 11 months away, so don't assume that because there isn't a roll call yet (you can always start one, if you've scanned the first couple of pages and don't see one), that people aren't booking the cruise yet.

Second, there's a huge percentage of cruisers who don't go on cruising forums, and even if they know about them, might not be interested in joining one. And some CC members might not bother with the roll calls, or do so closer to the sailing date.

You can book and put down a deposit in the meantime, with the idea that you don't have to pay the balance til the final payment date to get a full refund. So there's really not a downside, except for the amount of the deposit.

The Golden is a beautiful ship and one nice thing about going on it for a coastal is that there's a pool under a retractable roof, which will come in handy if you still want to swim. We were on it two years ago and have another cruise on it booked. Can't wait.

I believe those will be popular. Are you looking for ADVICE? If you are, the Golden is a wonderful ship, and I know I will be booking a couple of these short cruises... Just to fill the gap until I can book a longer one...

You should start your own thread... People will follow, sooner or later!

I was hoping to get some advise from the California folks on here. I am looking at a quick 4 day cruise on Golden ( October 28 2013), as my husband and I will be wrapping up a two week vacation with family out in California at that time.

I have looked at the rolls calls and so far no one has started one. There IS one started for the cruise just before it, but so far only 2 people have posted.

So my question is....do these cruises typically fill up quickly? Should I book it with the thought that I can cancel if our plans (which are not totally firmed up yet) change and the dates don't work? If I wait, do I stand a better chance at a price drop?

Last question, I have never been on the golden, so any advise/thoughts to share?

Thanks so much :)

These 4 and 3 day cruises are new to Princess... typically a roundtrip cruise is 7 days or longer. The Golden Princess is doing them on the West Coast and the Ruby Princess is doing them on the East Coast. Pricing will probably be variable since we're still about a year away...

And, as others have said, the Golden is a beautiful ship. We spent 7 days aboard last June to Alaska and had a great time.

I think these 3 and 4 days cruises on Princess (West Coast) will be very popular. As you get closer to your sailing date your roll call should grow. What is great about these short cruises is that, as for now, they count as a full cruise credit which gets all closer to Platinum or Elite. I'm working my way to elite so will most likely book one or two. Plus, I often wish for a quick, cruise get away. However, since Carnival is the option on the West Coast I don't book. With Princess offering several short cruises on ships that are very good I will be booking some of these 3 and 4 day cruises as the "spirit" moves me..:D

I think these 3 and 4 days cruises on Princess (West Coast) will be very popular. As you get closer to your sailing date your roll call should grow. What is great about these short cruises is that, as for now, they count as a full cruise credit which gets all closer to Platinum or Elite. I'm working my way to elite so will most likely book one or two. Plus, I often wish for a quick, cruise get away. However, since Carnival is the option on the West Coast I don't book. With Princess offering several short cruises on ships that are very good I will be booking some of these 3 and 4 day cruises as the "spirit" moves me..:D

Michelle, we think alike! Maybe we can meet on one of these and make it a cruise to really remember!:D

:) Wendi, that roll call is mine !

My friend, Kelley, and I booked that cruise as soon as my TA told us about it. We already had a cruise booked for May on Sapphire, but we are getting our first grandchild then, so we cancelled that one.

As was mentioned, my TA thinks these cruises will be wildly popular, especially for those of us who are tired of CCL's short itins. You can always get a price drop later.

Also, it is after the upgrades, so a good ship will be better.;)

Pat

Archived