Oh the Places We Go, The People We See ...Dream Trip Report

jenseib

I still had rules to follow as we walked around. One being these little tunnel type areas through the rocks. I was NOT allowed to go through till Claire did. Since I was kind of wandering and taking pictures, I broke this rule a few times …and of course was scolded for doing so!

akl129.jpg

akl130.jpg

We have found more animals!

akl131.jpg

akl132.jpg

akl133.jpg

akl134.jpg

I was starting to get a bit antsy that our room was still not ready. It was just after 2 now and I knew our chance at getting a nap was fading away faster and faster.

We decided to head into the gift shop. This place is amazing!

akl154.jpg

akl155.jpg

akl156.jpg

akl157.jpg

akl158.jpg

This shop is definitely different than other resorts gift shops.

akl159.jpg

Finally, someone who takes more pictures than I do. I thought for sure your review would be complete once I was back.

Love the visual review. I never finish editing pictures. My goal this time is a few from each day.

LOL! Nope. I haven't had much time to work on it at all lately, plus I am also still working on my Sept cruise report as well. I plan to get another update up this next week though. My goal is to get the other finished faster though.

I also tend to be a slow TR writer. I post a lot and try to add a lot of detail, which takes some time.

Fantastic pictures! Thank you for posting this review

Thanks! I hope to get some more up soon.

We sat down for a few minutes out front of the Lodge and Claire was ready for another swim. I told her I would give her 20 minutes and then we were going to go and ask about our room. I was at the point of starting to get a little mad that we hadn’t heard anything yet.

akl176.jpg

akl177.jpg

akl178.jpg

akl179.jpg

We headed out for the swim.

akl180.jpg

The only pictures I took that time were of Claire holding Flat Ben.

After about 20 minutes of swim time I told Claire we HAD to see if our room was ready. We needed to get changed soon to go to the Halloween party.

She reluctantly got out and we made our way to the front desk.

akl181.jpg

It was now 3 PM and when I went to the desk they said yes my room was ready and gave me my number. I was kind of mad that I never received a text and I did mention that fact that it never came and we had been waiting all day, but I got no response.

We headed off to our room, which was very far away from the lobby, but we figured that would be the case since I had booked a standard.

We walked in and Claire immediately had to see our view. Now I warned her that I didn’t book an “animal” view, so we may be looking at a lot of nothing. Well imagine our surprise. We went out to the balcony and this is what we saw.

akl182.jpg

viewfromroom1.jpg

Claire was so excited!

akl183.jpg

This was some sort of holding pen and animals were switched out every so often.

akl184.jpg

We were extremely happy with our view!

akl185.jpg

And you can see by the smile on her face that she was very pleased.

akl186.jpg

akl187.jpg

Back inside the room. As you can see, our luggage was already there, which led me to believe the room had been ready for some time now.

akl188.jpg

akl189.jpg

The art on the wall, with a nice glare from the window.

akl195.jpg

This clock is not right. I have no idea why it says that time, but it was actually about 3:15 now. That could be displaying the time a message came though because we had a blinking light and a welcome message at 2 PM. That also irked me, because that meant our room has probably been ready since at least 2. That would’ve worked out perfect for a nice short little nap.

akl196.jpg

akl197.jpg

akl198.jpg

akl199.jpg

Hi Jen! SURPRISE!!! :D Funny- I just finished looking at your FB pics, and now I JUST looked at all of them AGAIN! I must be your biggest fan!

Nice to read the words with the pics- sorry they were bad about letting you know your room was ready- I hate that!!

Hi Jen! SURPRISE!!! :D Funny- I just finished looking at your FB pics, and now I JUST looked at all of them AGAIN! I must be your biggest fan!

Nice to read the words with the pics- sorry they were bad about letting you know your room was ready- I hate that!!

Funny seeing you here too! You will be making a guest appearance too...if I ever get my rear in gear and get things updated ! LOL

Still touring the room, I moved on to the bathroom area.

akl200.jpg

akl201.jpg

akl202.jpg

And back to the main part of the room.

akl203.jpg

akl204.jpg

I can’t remember if I have mentioned this yet or not, but our room is obviously a studio. I was using a friends points to stay here for one night.

Here you can see the box that was sent to me with a fellow Disers fish extender gifts.

akl205.jpg

akl206.jpg

Opening up the cabinet to see what’s inside.

akl207.jpg

akl208.jpg

akl209.jpg

It was now around 3:15ish. We needed to get ready for the Halloween party. I had wanted to arrive right at 4, but it was looking like that plan was not going to be followed. We had to sort out a few things, repack 2 backpacks and get ourselves situated.

A little before 4 we were ready to head out towards the bus stop.

Of course I took a few pictures on the way.

akl210.jpg

akl211.jpg