Another "Sad" Early Saver Question

1tuckersmom

unless they have insurance, don't expect any reimbursement.

How are YOU so sure? Do you work for Carnival? Have you ever been in this very same situation?

This is a valid question by the OP and I sure hope Carnival works things out with them.

OP, my condolences. It must be a difficult time for you and her loved ones. Hope all turns out in your favor and you can remember your friend in a loving way on a wonderful cruise.

First of all, I am also very sorry for your loss. :(. I'm sure it was devastating to plan a special cruise and then lose a friend unexpectedly.

As for the booking, if your TA doesn't have a good solution, try posting on the Carnival Funville forum - Mary and Mischelle from Carnival are very kind and helpful (assisted me with an issue) and I'm sure will be able to work with you to get your husband added to the cruise one way or another.

Good luck.

Jenn

At worst she (her estate) cancels and your DH pays full fare.

A Death Certificate takes a bit of time to be produced.

I think this is mostly accurate. Except... DH should be able to book at same rate since OP has the room locked in at whatever rate she has.

The only loss at this point for the Estate will be $50 if booked ES or nothing if booked any other fare.

The worst scenario since the cruise is still a year out is that both of you (you and her estate) loose the $50 deposit and you will rebook with your husband. You' date=' though, will have to pay current rates...but if you rebook ES you are still entitled to any price breaks (though I understand the Hawaiian cruises rarely go down in price).

My condolences to you on your loss...losing a good friend is always hard especially one who has proven to be a good traveling companion...they are often hard to find.[/quote']

They should not have to go to current rates. OP is booked and going. Her contract is solid. DH should be able to join that contract and its rate.

No need to totally rebook. Just cancel room mate and add DH.;)

So Sorry for your loss. Wishing all of you a Great cruise in her memory.

I think this is mostly accurate. Except... DH should be able to book at same rate since OP has the room locked in at whatever rate she has.

The only loss at this point for the Estate will be $50 if booked ES or nothing if booked any other fare.

They should not have to go to current rates. OP is booked and going. Her contract is solid. DH should be able to join that contract and its rate.

No need to totally rebook. Just cancel room mate and add DH.;)

So Sorry for your loss. Wishing all of you a Great cruise in her memory.

on behalf of Bobbie the OP, I thank you for your post.

This is what we are hoping.

Same rate, just do a name change, have Carnival return any funds back to Betty's estate (that are not a part of ES fees)

We do have nearly a year before this cruise.

Sadly we have cruises booked into 2014 with our dear friend.

This is the only ES booking...so it was a bit more problematic...

Thanks again for all the caring words to those who had them...

My partner passed away three years ago and we were booked ES. We were paid in full and had insurance. I was told by my PVP that I could go solo and have him as a no-show, or I could pay 50.00 to have a name change if I wanted to add someone new to the booking. If I went solo nothing changed, if I added another person they would have to pay their share of the cruise and the insurance would pay monies to partner's estate (must supply DC to ins co). I hope this helps, and I am very sorry for your loss.

same THING HAPPEN TO US 2 YEARS AGO, my friend's wife passed away 3 months before our cruise, Carnival let his add his son in the cabin and did not even charge us the 50.00 fee to change names.

CALL YOUR PA they will help u. so SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS

:)

I am a TA and last August I had a group with a similar situation. Carnival was very sympathetic and in fact very nice about the whole thing. They allowed a name change with no charge at all. If you are booked thru a TA tell them to call if not then you should call yourself. As much of a pain as carnival can be about certain things they were very good about this

I am a TA and last August I had a group with a similar situation. Carnival was very sympathetic and in fact very nice about the whole thing. They allowed a name change with no charge at all. If you are booked thru a TA tell them to call if not then you should call yourself. As much of a pain as carnival can be about certain things they were very good about this

This is our hope, the group is still going and we are celebrating our friends life, she loved cruising and cruising with all of her friends and family.

Bobbie just wanted a heads up on what to expect since the death was very sudden and really all of us are in shock.

We only had one ES cruise out of 3 that we just did not know how it was going to work out.

Thank you to all the people that were helpful.

I thought that I posted last night the answer that I got back from our TA and Carnival.

Not seeing that post this morning so I guess that I didn`t reply after all.:o

Janet, this is excatly what Carnival did for us.

They wavered all fees, booked my DH in the cabin with me at the same rate that my deceased friend and I booked.

They sent condolences to our friend`s family and expressed their sorrow to learn of her passing.

Carnival went far above my expections in the way they handled this. I am grateful to them for understanding that death is beyond anyone`s control.

To the most of you who understood my situation and sent expressions of sympathy for our loss, I say thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

I thought that I posted last night the answer that I got back from our TA and Carnival.

Not seeing that post this morning so I guess that I didn`t reply after all.:o

Janet, this is excatly what Carnival did for us.

They wavered all fees, booked my DH in the cabin with me at the same rate that my deceased friend and I booked.

They sent condolences to our friend`s family and expressed their sorrow to learn of her passing.

Carnival went far above my expections in the way they handled this. I am grateful to them for understanding that death is beyond anyone`s control.

To the most of you who understood my situation and sent expressions of sympathy for our loss, I say thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

That's great news, glad it worked out like most of us thought it would, and better. I guess Carnival is more compassionate than some of the posters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived