What are those "Odd" things some of us would never think to bring?

dis2cruise

W

Hubby always used to bring his favorite scissors, but they were confiscated by security at one of Royal's ships at the pre check-in. We were amazed because if we had sought to do harm or make mischief with sharp objects, we could easily have gone to the Windjammer for a knife.

Anyway, we had to do without. That was a couple of years ago. I don't know if Royal Caribbean still follows this strict no-scissors policy.

I always bring a small pair of scissors. I was questioned this month about them at Cape Liberty. But, they were small enough to be approved. I think as long as they are less than 4 inches, it is fine.

Gwen :)

This isn't ship related but when on a plane I will never forget to bring Panadol (like aspirin). If you get a headache or anything on a plane, they can't give you any meds... don't know why, but even when we were flying first class on a 14 hour flight they still said

no!

From now on we have Panadol in our bag!@

Hubby always used to bring his favorite scissors, but they were confiscated by security at one of Royal's ships at the pre check-in. We were amazed because if we had sought to do harm or make mischief with sharp objects, we could easily have gone to the Windjammer for a knife.

Anyway, we had to do without. That was a couple of years ago. I don't know if Royal Caribbean still follows this strict no-scissors policy.

I keep a pair of baby nail scissors (rounded, blunt tips) in my toiletries bag. They come in handy to cut off tags, open things, etc. Although, they are curved, so they don't cut a straight line, lol.

I also bring small binoculars and extra wire hangars.

Edited by BND

Ditto on the post-it notes!

We never leave home without disinfectant wipes...the remote control and all the door handles get wiped down:o

While we do bring wipes, for the TV remote i bring a quart sized ziploc bag, TV remotes are one thing that never gets cleaned (true in all hotels), so the bag just makes it that much easier.

:)Some things we bring along:

2 rain suits....1.00 at dollar tree

small 1/2 inch x4 inch bath fresh spray..bed/bath

3inch press on battery lights.. 3 for less than $5 at walmart. for bathroom

small 1/2 inch plug in night light for cabin

bandades

tylenol,alieve,anti acid tabs

small travel alarm.. backup for wake up call or clock radio

duck tape...makes good emergency repairs on luggage etc.

small scissors ( round ends) so not confiscated

small rubber door stop.use when moving luggage in or out and on some lines can hold balcony door open if needed

extra battery for camera and backup memory card

backup sun/and regular glasses

wrinkle release

small 3 converter outlet for extra receptacles

lint brush

copy of contact number page and policy number for travel insurance.

backup charge card to leave in safe in case problem with one, or lost or stolen and have to call and cancel. also take contact number off back of card . If stolen/lost the number is on the back of the missing card

wine stopper & corkscrew

carry copy of passport in wallet. Has number etc. which may help if something unexpected happens and they are back on ship

:):)

Clothes pins for hanging up bathing suits or anything else that gets wet.

Large travel cup or water bottle for coffee or other beverages you may want. Also good place to store little stuff inside suitcase

Phone charger if you use your phone as your alarm clock

Beach bag for holding towels when you go to shore.

Umbrella so you can be sure the sun will shine (it only rains when you forget).

Air freshener for bathroom

Disposable underwater camera (much cheaper at Walmart than on board or in port).

Flavored coffee creamer - powder or single servings (if you like this). Makes the coffee in the cafe tolerable.

Hat for sun protection

Water shoes if you go in the ocean as some beaches are very rocky

Small first aid kit with OTC medications, bandages and such

Sewing kit (some hotels provide these).

An idea of what next cruise you want to book on board!

That's the one thing I make sure to forget...laptop=work...no freakin' way :)

Couldn't agree more. I don't want to even look at a laptop, or for that matter an iPhone, on this cruise. (Oasis on Dec. 8!) I DO want to see plenty of pretty blue water. I get my fill of electronics on shore.

Noise machine /travel alarm clock--we are used to sleeping with the "white noise"... Magellan's has a nice "Sound Oasis" one, great for background noise and alarm. We also carry a light weight digital luggage scale..no more over 50 lbs.

!