Zuiderdam heads for drydock

bobpell

Disembarked yesterday in FLL while 2 large cranes were loading several containers on to the Lido deck. These were full of new carpeting, tiles and new decking.

800 European workers were milling around outside of the terminal building getting ready to board to blitzkrieg the 10 day overhaul.

I hope they add a new black luster paint to the hull as she looked more faded gray on our voyage.

Still a great smiling crew though who advised repeatedly their work hours will be only 8 hours while in drydock rather than 11.

Hope someone will report the new appearances after the drydock

Bobpell

By the sounds of all the crates arriving with carpeting and tiles, etc., there probbaly won't be any plumbing problems being addressed.

It takes more time than a dry dock to fix those problems.

I am not sure how you came to this conclusion. There will be plenty of opportunity, knowing the serious planning and construction expertise they bring to each ship's work.

By the sounds of all the crates arriving with carpeting and tiles, etc., there probbaly won't be any plumbing problems being addressed.

I sure hope they do something for the plumbing as it is reported to be a pretty consistent problem.

We didn't have any plumbing problems in 6092. Occasionaly a public washroom was out of service but not more than a few hours. There was a definite odor around the photo gallery though.

My review got posted today.!!

Bobpell

I am not sure how you came to this conclusion. There will be plenty of opportunity, knowing the serious planning and construction expertise they bring to each ship's work.

I was told this by someone who works in the building of ships.

They need a couple of months to work on the plumbing systems -- many times replacing lots of pipes, etc.

Very nice review.

Only 40 loungers by the aft pool -- sure hope after dry dock that there will be more.

That is a lot of rain!! Well, honestly we have been on cruises with several days of rain.

Glad you had a great cruise and are already booked for another cruise.

What ship and where will you be cruising?

Anxious to hear what is being done, especially plumbing. I have never not booked a cruise because of prior reviews until Zuiderdam. Have been holding off on Panama Canal due to the extensive posts on the "infamous" issues :).

Hopefully will have some reviews from CC members post-drydock as I would really like to go in 2013.

A face lift will be nice, but they need to address the toilet and A/C issues. I feel ripped off that they took my money knowing these two issues were ongoing and not resolved. I guess until they can no longer fill the ship, they aren't going to do a thing about it.

Thanks for everyone's comments on this thread.

We are using our 100 shares in Carnival Corp on April 1, 2013 to sail on the Maasdam around the eastern Caribbean. Thanks to the comments here last spring I bought the shares and now am reaping the benefits. So far I have also received $27.00 in dividends with more to come (hopefully) this month.

Keep buying those shares everyone, a new ship needs to be financed!!

Bobpell

I have the same hopes, for a different cabin number, for next week!

Please let us all know what it is like when you return. We are going on her from 28th December for 17 nights. Decided to allow at least one "trial" cruise" after a refit before we sailed as we have done a " trial" cruise on another ship and it was full of hiccups!!!

Whatever happens I hope you have a wonderful time!

Archived