Celebration/Dream drinks menu

I'm on the case guys...I will definately need to figure out the barcardi & coke issue myself ASAP

I'm sure they didnt charge for a splash last year, Bacardi & coke came in a tall glass with a straw.... from my woolly memory I am sure they just charged for the bacardi

Wolly memory or post-alcohol memory? :D lol! Think mine is post-alcohol memory which is why I really can't remember if we had cans or taps lol!!

Thanks - I am sure you will enjoy doing the research for us ;)

Edited by Julessmiles

The G & T's we have been served with one of those small cans of Tonic :confused: you would like to think that the mixers will be free :confused:

Oh well as you say at least Bombay Sapphire is still free, and if the do charge a couple of can will last us all :D

I've neve noticed the Bombay Sapphire on AI before Topsey - defo going to have some of that next year :):):) (I'm getting thirsty now!)

Edited by Julessmiles

Wolly memory or post-alcohol memory? :D lol! Think mine is post-alcohol memory which is why I really can't remember if we had cans or taps lol!!

Thanks - I am sure you will enjoy doing the research for us ;)

We always ask for a can for our rum if not it's poured out of 2 litre bottles. Spent too much time sat at the bar hic.:)

We always ask for a can for our rum if not it's poured out of 2 litre bottles. Spent too much time sat at the bar hic.:)

Hi Mary, I know where to find you then. :D. I know this is not the bar list for Majesty, but I hope they do not change Majesty's to the same as this one.

I preferred my Bacardi and diet coke with a can so I could add as much coke as I wanted and there was no supplement for the can. I think it's bad news charging a supplement for a can of 'pop' or tonic. At least when it is in a sealed can you know what you are getting, ie slimline or full strength.

I'm on the case guys...I will definately need to figure out the barcardi & coke issue myself ASAP

i

Your mission Geomagot, should you choose to accept it is to test out the bar menu......tough job but i am sure you will do it justice :D

I've neve noticed the Bombay Sapphire on AI before Topsey - defo going to have some of that next year :):):) (I'm getting thirsty now!)

Just put a bottle of Bombay in the Freezer....will be greeting Mr Tospey with a nice G & T on his return form work......that will scare him, my Stepford Wife impression.....he will also wonder what i have broken, booked, spent money on :D

Hi Mary, I know where to find you then. :D. I know this is not the bar list for Majesty, but I hope they do not change Majesty's to the same as this one.

I preferred my Bacardi and diet coke with a can so I could add as much coke as I wanted and there was no supplement for the can. I think it's bad news charging a supplement for a can of 'pop' or tonic. At least when it is in a sealed can you know what you are getting, ie slimline or full strength.

Hic yes that's where we will be well on Celebration and Spirit don't know about the Majesty yet.

I'm the same like to add my own coke.

OMG if the Majesty is changed the AI will not be a good deal at all if you paid full price then have to add all the supplements.:eek::eek:

That's why we don't have it if we have to pay full cos of the supplements on cider and most of the things we drink:( When we go in June on Celebration got free AI though so hic hic hic:D

This time last year I wouldn't haven thought twice about paying full price for AI. Now I would not even consider it. When you compare this to the drinks packages now introduced on virtually all of Thomson's competitors in the last year it really shows what poor value it is. One of Thomson's USP's has been lost.

I have a real grievance over the AI price for the caribbean as there are never offers of £69 or £99 available for early bookers and now to rub salt in the wound not only do we have to pay full price for AI but also need to take out a small mortgage for a can of real coca cola on top!!!

OK if I had scored cheap AI I wouldn't mind the supplement but come on! Disgrace!!!! :mad:

Hic yes that's where we will be well on Celebration and Spirit don't know about the Majesty yet.

I'm the same like to add my own coke.

OMG if the Majesty is changed the AI will not be a good deal at all if you paid full price then have to add all the supplements.:eek::eek:

That's why we don't have it if we have to pay full cos of the supplements on cider and most of the things we drink:( When we go in June on Celebration got free AI though so hic hic hic:D

Don't worry, Mary, as long as DH can get a G&T and an acceptable glass of wine he will be happy. Me....I'm flexible....my favourites carry a supplement anyway, so the AI gives me the opportunity to try new drinks. :D:)

Still think it's very mean to charge for cans of soft drinks.....will drive people to drink more alcohol!!

I don't expect things like Malt Whiskys, Fine Cognacs etc to be included in an AI package, but the amount of supplements on bog standard drinks is frankly insulting to anyone who has paid for it.

Exactly Grez I agree!

To be fair I think if people have scored free AI then they have little right to complain but I'm now left quite angry and feeling ripped off!!

Your mission Geomagot, should you choose to accept it is to test out the bar menu......tough job but i am sure you will do it justice :D

Just put a bottle of Bombay in the Freezer....will be greeting Mr Tospey with a nice G & T on his return form work......that will scare him, my Stepford Wife impression.....he will also wonder what i have broken, booked, spent money on :D

Hope you both enjoyed your G&T Mr & Mrs Topsey.....so what did you break/book or splash out on ?? lol

Don't worry, Mary, as long as DH can get a G&T and an acceptable glass of wine he will be happy. Me....I'm flexible....my favourites carry a supplement anyway, so the AI gives me the opportunity to try new drinks. :D:)

Still think it's very mean to charge for cans of soft drinks.....will drive people to drink more alcohol!!

Exactly what I thought Jakanne.....looks like we'll all be drinking the bars dry of alcohol now we can't have our canned drinks........

Problem I have is a 14 year old for which we are also going to be charged the full AI rate! At a charge of £995 for AI on my booking I do not accept it as fair for under 18s to be denied a can of coke :mad:

I am by no means a brand shopper but there are some non brand colas and fizzy drinks are just vile. I know from experience that the bottled colas used behind the bar are more often than not non brand but if your really lucky you might get Pepsi. Not good enough for that sort of money!

Like I said earlier if I had free or cheap AI I would have a cheek to complain but at 95p on top of AI price for a can of juice that is daylight robbery :eek:

Problem I have is a 14 year old for which we are also going to be charged the full AI rate! At a charge of £995 for AI on my booking I do not accept it as fair for under 18s to be denied a can of coke :mad:

I am by no means a brand shopper but there are some non brand colas and fizzy drinks are just vile. I know from experience that the bottled colas used behind the bar are more often than not non brand but if your really lucky you might get Pepsi. Not good enough for that sort of money!

Like I said earlier if I had free or cheap AI I would have a cheek to complain but at 95p on top of AI price for a can of juice that is daylight robbery :eek:

Why do you get charged the full AI rate for a child? It's usually cheaper.

Edited by Julessmiles

I think you have a very valid point whistlerbc , I would be steaming in your position, no one wants to feel ripped off and let's face it you will not be getting value for money for your 14yr old :(

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Why do you get charged the full AI rate for a child? It's usually cheaper.

The price we are being asked to pay is half the adult price but it is still the full child price. Works out at £200 per adult per week and £100 per child per week. Our total for a 2 week cruise is £995. If you account for the additional cost of alcohol then the price for adults could arguably be reasonable in comparison to £100 per week for under 18s who have a limited choice and are now being pawned off with cheap soft drinks by the glass, that is unreasonable and absolutely anything but value in my opinion.

When we started cruising, which isn't that long since, the supplement used to be 20p:):) and was only on the expensive whiskies and wines.

yep, I remember that too...it was 10p supplement for Barcardi (not that long ago either april 2010)