Terre-de-Haut, Guadeloupe

mraven

We're on a Seabourn cruise in Feb that stops there. No excursions at this point, so I checked here to see what we can do. After a bit of confusion, I discover this place in a tiny sliver of an island compared to the main island that's been discussed here. Is there anything to see here or do we need to catch a ferry somewhere?

My wife and I were there a year ago on the Royal Clipper. There was a Windstar ship there as well........ We found it to be a nice small village with some local shops and cafes; very French! We ate on shore at a nice cafe.

A number of passengers walked across the island to the beach; they said it was very nice.

Aloha,

John

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We will be on S. Spirit on Feb. 3rd out of Barbados, travelling with another Brit couple. I have arranged some private excursions including a catamaran trip out of Bequia on Feb. 4th and another out of St. Maarten on Feb 10th. Need another couple to join us. Would you be interested? We also live in Berkshire!

That may be, but I thought the beach BBQ would be on Prickly Pear Island. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

If you are on the cruise for two weeks, you probably get two BBQs (so the ones that are on the cruise for a week will get one as well). One of the sites is Prickly Pear. The other one looks like it will be Mayreau not Terre-de-Haut. From what I have read, there are a couple nice beaches walking distance from the little town Seabourn tenders to in Terre-de-Haut. So I guess that is what Bob and I will be doing. Our cruise starts Feb. 3rd. Which one do you get on in February?

Andrea

Archived