Amsterdam Manor on Eagle Beach

travelnut4

Thanks Melbur, did you take the bus or a taxi?

I'm thinking about the bus, does it stop at MVC and I'd have to walk to Amsterdam Manor?

We took a cab there and the bus back.

The bus stopped right on the street in front of AM for our return.

I got an email response from Amsterdam Manor this morning. They DO rent chairs to anyone for $15, which gives you use of bathrooms, beach shower, changing rooms, You can also buy drinks & food there at Passions. It is not possible to reserve chairs, & is subject to availability.

So glad checked this out, we have booked for two people via the cruise line a day in Palm Beach, very very expensive, even taking into account lunch and drinks included. Will definitely be 'doing it ourselves' either by taxi or bus. Not to Palm Beach which sounds very busy but to Eagle Beach instead.

I got an email response from Amsterdam Manor this morning. They DO rent chairs to anyone for $15, which gives you use of bathrooms, beach shower, changing rooms, You can also buy drinks & food there at Passions. It is not possible to reserve chairs, & is subject to availability.
Does this include shade palapas? If so, this is a terrific bargain :) and one I highly recommend taking advantage of. :)

I am sure the resort guests are not pleased about the policy, but I know that cruisers are. :)

Does this include shade palapas? If so, this is a terrific bargain :) and one I highly recommend taking advantage of. :)

I am sure the resort guests are not pleased about the policy, but I know that cruisers are. :)

I would be very displeased if I was a resort guest. AM seems to go back and forth on this. Management stated they would no longer rent directly from AM, but only through MVC, yet posters report renting chairs/palapas on the beach in front of AM.

I would be very displeased if I was a resort guest. AM seems to go back and forth on this. Management stated they would no longer rent directly from AM, but only through MVC, yet posters report renting chairs/palapas on the beach in front of AM.

I agree with you, but as a cruiser I sure hope they let us rent some chairs on their beautiful beach! Crossing my fingers!

I agree with you, but as a cruiser I sure hope they let us rent some chairs on their beautiful beach! Crossing my fingers!

If AM doesn't, you probably can at their sister resort, MVC Eagle Beach, or from vendors. It is a beautiful beach.

There email didn't have any mention of palapas, so I doubt it, or its also on a first come basis. I'll see if I can get an answer from them on that.

I got a quick response back from:

Marisa Peña

Reservations Assistant

Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort

She once again did not answer my question about the palapas or umbrellas. She just said all the information needed was in the attachment. There is no mention of it in the attachment she sent.

Why in the world then would any guest at the Amsterdam Manor pay $367 per night for a studio during high season (Xmas 2013)?

Personally I would stay elsewhere inland, paying at most half that rate, and then just go to the AM first thing every morning and spend $30 a couple on some nice chaises. :)

I would have saved enough to have PLENTY of money left over to enjoy a NICE lunch AND dinner each day. :D

Why in the world then would any guest at the Amsterdam Manor pay $367 per night for a studio during high season (Xmas 2013)?

Personally I would stay elsewhere inland, paying at most half that rate, and then just go to the AM first thing every morning and spend $30 a couple on some nice chaises. :)

I would have saved enough to have PLENTY of money left over to enjoy a NICE lunch AND dinner each day. :D

You're right. It's expensive to stay at Eagle Beach and when I pay a lot of money to enjoy a resort, I don't enjoy the chairs/palapas/umbrellas being taken up by day visitors. That's one reason we always stay at the Bucuti; they don't do any day passes or rentals. They won't even let non-guests drink at the bar anymore.

• 5 weeks later...

Watch for your change when you go to Amsterdamn Manor, out of a hundred they short changed us $40 on purpose at the bar on food and drinks. I must say they got a very good tip, but we didn't realize this until later. Service was slow and lousy as well. Just a drinker be aware, I guess it was our own fault for being trusting and not counting our change.

• 2 weeks later...

From their facebook page answering the question, "Can you please confirm that we are allowed to rent shelters from Amsterdam.?"

"...beach service on the Beach at the Amsterdam Manor which includes the following services;

Beach chair rental $15 each, Half day rental $10 each, Free wifi, Beach service, Passions Beach Bar & Lounge.

But, now it’s also possible for cruise passengers to enjoy one of Aruba’s most beautiful beaches – Eagle Beach – in a comfortable way at MVC Eagle Beach.

You can rent a beach chair here and use the available beach services. Right across the coastal road you will find Tulip Restaurant where you can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a drink. Restrooms, a shower and a changing room are also available for your convenience and there is free access to wifi.

the prices at MVC Eagle Beach is: Beach chair rental $10 each, Half day rental $5 each.

From their facebook page answering the question, "Can you please confirm that we are allowed to rent shelters from Amsterdam.?"

"...beach service on the Beach at the Amsterdam Manor which includes the following services;

Beach chair rental $15 each, Half day rental $10 each, Free wifi, Beach service, Passions Beach Bar & Lounge.

But, now it’s also possible for cruise passengers to enjoy one of Aruba’s most beautiful beaches – Eagle Beach – in a comfortable way at MVC Eagle Beach.

You can rent a beach chair here and use the available beach services. Right across the coastal road you will find Tulip Restaurant where you can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a drink. Restrooms, a shower and a changing room are also available for your convenience and there is free access to wifi.

the prices at MVC Eagle Beach is: Beach chair rental $10 each, Half day rental $5 each.

Are you saying that both Amsterdam Manor and MVC are available?

We met our friends at Amsterdam Manor after our tour with Sonny Binns. They paid $15 for each lounge chair and did have a palpala avail. The Passions bar is right there on Beach with seating. We had a drink before jumping in the water, sodas $2, beer about $5 and special cocktails about 8. Nice sandy beach and options like banana boats, jet skis ect avail. we jumped on an independent bus back to port for $2 pp.

Are you saying that both Amsterdam Manor and MVC are available?
Yes, straight from "the horses mouth"- their very own Facebook page. Both properties are owned by the same company. But like Hatteras said in another post, "availability" is limited. Edited by Arubalisa

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question: Is there a bathroom close by, on the beach at Amsterdam Manor? I have been to Aruba only once and we went to Eagle Beach and were near the "LaCabana Bar". Not sure where that is exactly. But, the closest bathroom was across the street and a hotel and only had three stalls and sometimes a wait. I want a beach area that has a closer bathroom. :) Thanks.

Amsterdam Manor has a bathroom on the beach. It is sort of a port o potty, but better. They are not allowed to build a free standing bathroom on the beach. I've been in it, and it really isn't bad. They also have a restroom across the street at the resort. I can't think of any place along Eagle Beach that allows anyone but guests to use their facilities, other that Amsterdam Manor and MVC. However, MVC is also across the street (very short walk).

Hatteras, thanks. That is great to hear. I don't mind walking across the street but usually I wait until the last minute. LOL. It's good to have one close by. I am so excited to get there! Looking forward to my day in Aruba next month!

I was in Aruba on a cruise about a year ago and went to Amsterdam Manor, rented a chair under a palapas(?), and had a fine day. I'm heading back there on another cruise next month. If I get myself dropped off at AM how far of a walk is it to MVC if they are full or not renting.

The beach at both places is pretty much the same. I think that the set up is much nicer at Amsterdam Manor. Both have a bar and restaurant. At MVC, they are located right across the street. At Amsterdam Manor, they are on the beach. Both have stated that they are renting to day visitors. Some of the palapas at MVC are looking pretty worn. I think you would enjoy your day at either location.