Amsterdam Manor on Eagle Beach

travelnut4

Was dropped off by local but at Amsterdam Mannor, chairs were $15pp. We walked to the very next place (toward ship, before MVC), Chairs were only $2pp. I think the facility was something like Las Rambles. We ordered lunch from our chair, got out of our chair to get a cocktail at the beach hut.

Used the hotel for bathrooms & changing. We also rented jet ski right there. don't know why anyone would want to pay $15 when you can pay $2. I will say we saw people come in after us and they were told $8.

I had never heard mention of this place on the boards, check it out if you go there.

i have been going to aruba for the past 22years. I have a timeshare at la cabana which is right next to amsterdam. You can really just take a taxi over and just find an available lounger for really nothing. When were at la cabana we just walk down and get a chair and nobody is there checking us. There is also a bar right there and bathrooms at the pool area across the street. They also have a very good lunch grill next to the pool.

i have been going to aruba for the past 22years. I have a timeshare at la cabana which is right next to amsterdam. You can really just take a taxi over and just find an available lounger for really nothing. When were at la cabana we just walk down and get a chair and nobody is there checking us. There is also a bar right there and bathrooms at the pool area across the street. They also have a very good lunch grill next to the pool.

Yes that sounds like where we were at, the bus is $2.30pp each way to get there, vs $20 for a taxi. If you stay at the hotel chairs are free, those were the people with I believe red/burgundy towels.

I'm really surprised to hear that La Cabana lets people use or rent their chairs. I had heard that they had a two hour policy for their guests, leaving their chairs unattended, and that security walked around and closely monitored activity. I've stayed at Paradise Beach Villas, Divi Village, Manchebo, and Costa Linda. All of these monitor the beach, and kick people out who aren't staying at the resort.

Edited by Hatteras51

If you act like you don,t know what you are doing security may ask you otherwise if you act like you fit in you wont be bothered. And yes la cabana is the one with burgundy towels. I am at the beach all the time and have never been approached and asked if i was an owner. As for the two hours, its very linient and you usually will be around your stuff occasionally.

• 3 months later...
If you act like you don,t know what you are doing security may ask you otherwise if you act like you fit in you wont be bothered. And yes la cabana is the one with burgundy towels. I am at the beach all the time and have never been approached and asked if i was an owner. As for the two hours, its very linient and you usually will be around your stuff occasionally.

Usually not having a towel for that particular resort where you are using the palapas and chaises is a dead giveaway that you are not a guest of the resort.

From https://www.facebook.com/AmsterdamManorBeachResort.Aruba

Question posted to Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort Aruba

Will be in Aruba soon via cruise ship. Have been to beach across from Amsterdam Manor two years ago. We rented the thatched beach shelter from Amsterdam. Contacted you a few months ago in regards to rental this trip. Was advised that shelter is $10 for 4hours or less. Have several from cruise ship that are interested in the area and the beach bar.

Can you please confirm that we are allowed to rent shelters from Amsterdam. Counting the days.

about 5 months ago ·

Reply from Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort Aruba

We offer beach service on the Beach at the Amsterdam Manor which includes the following services;

Beach chair rental $15 each, Half day rental $10 each,

Free wifi, Beach service,Passions Beach Bar & Lounge.

But, now it’s also possible for cruise passengers to enjoy one of Aruba’s most beautiful beaches – Eagle Beach – in a comfortable way at MVC Eagle Beach.

You can rent a beach chair here and use the available beach services. Right across the coastal road you will find Tulip Restaurant where you can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a drink.

Restrooms, a shower and a changing room are also available for your convenience and there is free access to wifi.

March 1 at 9:48am

Question

Assuming you will be renting chaise lounges, will the beach palapas also be rented to cruise ship passengers over Christmas and New Years?

20 minutes ago

Reply from Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort Aruba

We don't rent out palapas to cruise ship passengers because these are for our hotel guests and since Christmas and New Years is a very busy period they will probably all be occupied. We do have palapas available at MVC Eagle Beach, also located at Eagle Beach.

Edited by Arubalisa

Usually not having a towel for that particular resort where you are using the palapas and chaises is a dead giveaway that you are not a guest of the resort.

Exactly right. When we are staying in Aruba, I can tell which ships are in port that day, just by seeing the towels that the cruisers are carrying, as they walk down the beach. Security personnel always keep an eye out for anyone using their facilities that has a different towel.

• 1 month later...

I don't know of any other place that rents palapas. There is a vendor that rents only chairs, right next to Paradise Beach Villas. I've seen many cruisers rent from him, but he doesn't have a lot of chairs and runs out of them quickly. The cruisers are usually pretty disappointed when they realize that they can't use the palapas there, which belong to the resort. There is some shade under a few trees, and cruisers crowd together under them.

I just got the following info from Amsterdam Manor:

Beach Chairs $15 each ($10 for less than 4 hours)

Beach Service

Enjoy the luxuries of this intimate resort located at one of Aruba’s most beautiful beaches – Eagle Beach. Rent a beach chair while you hear the music of Passions Beach Bar & Lounge in the background and are enjoying a refreshing cocktail. We offer beach service but feel free to lunch at our lunch deck in the shade of the Aruban Kwihi Tree. Restrooms, a beach shower and a changing room are available for your convenience and there is free access to wifi.

The free facilities may only be used by guests renting a beach chair and/or consuming at Passions. All beach users are welcome at Passions Beach Bar & Lounge and Passions on the Beach to come for a cocktail, lunch or dine with your toes in the sand.

Passions Beach Bar is open daily

Drinks:10:00 am – 11:00 pm

Lunch: 12:00 –– 4:30 pm

Passions on the Beach Dinner: 6:00 –– 9:30 pm

Prices are subject to change.

Beach chairs are limited for non‐hotel guests and are subject to availability, it is not possible to reserve a chair.

Hope this helps anyone who is considering it! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Another option is Nikky Beach Club. You can contact them at http://www.beach-aruba.com/arubabeaches/

Taxi fare each way is $7 (as opposed to $10 for the Amsterdam Manor or MVC Eagle Beach). If you enjoy walking, this location is only about a mile south from the cruise terminal. Follow the main road on to the linear park which will lead you directly to Nikky Beach. This area is also known as Surfside Beach.

DSC_0432.jpg

3455330_orig.jpg

5849408_orig.jpg

I emailed Nikky Beach, inquiring about prices, amenities and facilities.

Chair and the umbrella for $12.00 after that you can use all our facilities--

• pool

• bar

• restaurant

• showers

• bathrooms

and of course we have a free wifi.

As far as I am aware this is the only spot which includes use of their swimming pool for the price of admission.

We were there years ago for drinks. I don't know why I never remember this spot. doh :o

It is more of a true "beach club" like Nachi Cocom Beach Club in Cozumel. Nikky Beach though is not all inclusive like Nachi, but then again, their price reflects that. ;)

Places like the Amsterdam Manor, MVC Eagle beach or even MoomBa on Palm Beach do not offer a swimming pool included in the use of their facilities and I know sometimes this is important for families.

The water here is tranquil and as you can see in that last photo, offers the same beautiful sugar white sand and turquoise waters.

If you arrive early, I think there is a better chance of securing an umbrella for shade than taking your chances at any of the other spots mentioned above. The exception being the vendors on Palm Beach at the south end of the Radisson property who seemingly :cool: have an unlimited supply of umbrellas. :D

Edited by Arubalisa

I love the views in the Surfside Beach area. Although I've never used the facilities at Nikky Beach, this is one of my favorite spots in Aruba. We stay in Aruba for several weeks each year. If I only had one day to spend in Aruba, I'd definitely check it out. By the way, the sunsets in this area are incredible.

Edited by Hatteras51

Thanks, I've emailed them for information about visiting when we are in Aruba. I'll post any additional details if I get them. :)

A man by the name of Jorge responded almost immediately to my inquiry this morning.

I love the views in the Surfside Beach area. Although I've never used the facilities at Nikky Beach, this is one of my favorite spots in Aruba. We stay in Aruba for several weeks each year. If I only had one day to spend in Aruba, I'd definitely check it out. By the way, the sunsets in this area are incredible.
ESPECIALLY in the winter when the sun sets further to the south. At that time of year, the sun will be setting directly in front of you, straight off of the beach.

primsemdamc_sm.jpg

Arubalisa, if we decide to go there instead of the Amsterdam Manor, where should we tell the cab driver to go to?

They should know where Nikky Beach is. Otherwise it is across the street from the "Talk of the Town" Resort. The Talk of the Town is one of the oldest resorts on the island so if the driver cannot find that, they might want to find a different line of work. ;)

They should know where Nikky Beach is. Otherwise it is across the street from the "Talk of the Town" Resort. The Talk of the Town is one of the oldest resorts on the island so if the driver cannot find that, they might want to find a different line of work. ;)

Gotcha, thanks! :D

ESPECIALLY in the winter when the sun sets further to the south. At that time of year, the sun will be setting directly in front of you, straight off of the beach.

We are always there in Feb. and the sunsets in that area are amazing. We usually have dinner at Barefoot the last night so that we can sit on the beach and soak it all in one last time.

Edited by Hatteras51

canadarocks, you are welcome!

We are always there in Feb. and the sunsets in that area are amazing. We usually have dinner at Barefoot the last night so that we can sit on the beach and soak it all in one last time.

I am still thinking that CC needs a "like" button! ;) :) :cool:

• 2 months later...
You are correct that Amsterdam Manor is no longer renting to cruisers. They are now renting at their other resort MVC, which is just a few doors up. You can get there by bus or taxi. Just tell them to drop you off at the beach at MVC. They have a restaurant across the street called Tulip. I have heard that they plan to add a bar on the beach but I don't know if that has happened yet. The beach in that area is wide and gorgeous.

Is the bus stop close to Amsterdam manor or MVC?.

The last cruise we got off the bus at Eagle beach and I do not recall seeing any hotel nearby.