Amsterdam Manor on Eagle Beach

travelnut4

I know that there is a bus stop at Amsterdam Manor. I'm not sure about MVC. However, that doesn't matter. Just tell the driver where you want to get off, and he'll drop you off close to that area. If you just say Eagle Beach, he'll probably drop you off at the public access area near Paradise Beach Villas, which is located across the street from the beach. You probably wouldn't even notice it from the beach area. Those are timeshares and don't offer any facilities for day visitors.

• 2 weeks later...

Arubalisa thank you so much for all your help! We've been to Aruba and both times we've gone to Eagle Beach across from the Amsterdam. With all the posts regarding the possibility of not being able to get a papaya I've started looking at other options. Our ship doesn't arrive until 1pm that day and I'd hate to get there and find out there's no availability. We loved our day at that location both times.

I see Nikky beach being mentioned and it looks perfect from the pictures I see. What hotel are they affiliated with? I'd like to see if I can find their menu as well. Since they are open longer it may be the perfect spot for a beach day followed by a nice dinner there :)

Thank you again for all your wonderful information!!

Arubalisa thank you so much for all your help! We've been to Aruba and both times we've gone to Eagle Beach across from the Amsterdam. With all the posts regarding the possibility of not being able to get a papaya I've started looking at other options. Our ship doesn't arrive until 1pm that day and I'd hate to get there and find out there's no availability. We loved our day at that location both times.

I see Nikky beach being mentioned and it looks perfect from the pictures I see. What hotel are they affiliated with? I'd like to see if I can find their menu as well. Since they are open longer it may be the perfect spot for a beach day followed by a nice dinner there :)

Thank you again for all your wonderful information!!

Update:

I sent an email to them for more information as this looks like the type of beach day we'd like. I did find their menu on another site http://beach-aruba.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/NikkyBeachMenu.pdf it was from 2011 so it may have changed some but it looks like something we'd enjoy :)

I am not aware of a menu online. They are not affiliated with any hotels, though I believe the guests from the Talk of the Town across the street do frequent there.

Hopefully they will respond to your email. They are on Facebook as well. https://www.facebook.com/reflextions297

• 5 weeks later...
I emailed Nikky Beach, inquiring about prices, amenities and facilities.

<B>

Chair and the umbrella for $12.00 after that you can use all our facilities--

</B>

• pool

• bar

• restaurant

• showers

• bathrooms

and of course we have a free wifi.

As far as I am aware this is the only spot which includes use of their swimming pool for the price of admission.

Thank you for this information......do you happen to have a copy of their menu or know how their pricing is?

When we were just in Aruba earlier this month, we went to Passions, and I had lunch there. We were not in port long enough to have dinner again (did last year and it was fantastic!). We will be there again in November, and I think I want to go to Reflections. Is it within walking distance from the port? We always do alot of walking while on the islands. It looks like a really great place to spend the day. Thanks!

When we were just in Aruba earlier this month, we went to Passions, and I had lunch there. We were not in port long enough to have dinner again (did last year and it was fantastic!). We will be there again in November, and I think I want to go to Reflections. Is it within walking distance from the port? We always do alot of walking while on the islands. It looks like a really great place to spend the day. Thanks!
If you like to walk, yes.

Beach in Aruba - can you walk to one

Just ask the bus driver to let you off at the Tulip restaurant. The beach is directly across the road from that. The restaurant also has restrooms, a place to change your clothes, and an outdoor shower - a very nice setup. The beach is quiet and gorgeous. When we were done, we just stood out by the road and were picked up shortly by a van that was operating as a bus. We did take the #10 bus, and it did say either 'hotels' or Marriott I think. Just verify that you're on the bus to Eagle Beach.

• 1 month later...

Another 1 pm arrival on cruise ship here. We require two chairs & either umbrella or shade along with a bathroom & a bar. Seems as though Reflextions might be better option for us, would hate to be out of luck @ MVC or Amsterdam Manor.

Two Qs re Reflextions area:

* is beach as nice as what I've seen of beautiful pics of Eagle Beach?

* is there a divi tree nearby the site for a photo op?;)

Edited by keishashadow

Pictures of the beach at Reflextions http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40335755&postcount=62

No the "famous" trees are at the northernmost end of Eagle Beach. Below is one of them.

was afraid of that, guess we'll be trying MCP then since Amsterdam Manor appears to be out of the question. I do wonder since we'll be there during what I think is 'low season' we might be able to rent from them:confused:

Just worried since we don't arrive in port until 1 pm, and likely won't even get to the beach before 2 pm, we may be out of luck as to finding shade/chairs. Maybe people might already be calling it a day & heading back...what do you think?

Maybe I was expecting too much, but we were just at the beach in front of the MVC last month. We rented two chairs and a palapa from a man from the resort who came right up to us for payment when we got there, for $20 I think (hubby paid him :o).

I didn't find Eagle Beach that exceptional, which I know is definitely not the norm here. I never crossed the street to go into the resort itself, so I can't speak on the MVC specifically. And it was a pretty cloudy day, so that might be effecting my viewpoint....

But I think Arubalisa's pictures of the beach, the pool, and especially the chairs at Reflextions look pretty darn good! That's where we're planning on going next year when we are back in Aruba. :)

Edited by canadarocks

Maybe I was expecting too much, but we were just at the beach in front of the MVC last month. We rented two chairs and a palapa from a man from the resort who came right up to us for payment when we got there, for $20 I think (hubby paid him :o).

I didn't find Eagle Beach that exceptional, which I know is definitely not the norm here. I never crossed the street to go into the resort itself, so I can't speak on the MVC specifically. And it was a pretty cloudy day, so that might be effecting my viewpoint....

But I think Arubalisa's pictures of the beach, the pool, and especially the chairs at Reflextions look pretty darn good! That's where we're planning on going next year when we are back in Aruba. :)

yes, they do look good, Arubalisa's posts here have been so helpful in planning! It looks as there aren't that many loungers, not sure if more available on the beach or not. just want to be sure to have a place to flop lol. Have never run into arriving so late to a port, proving to be challenging.

yes, they do look good, Arubalisa's posts here have been so helpful in planning! It looks as there aren't that many loungers, not sure if more available on the beach or not. just want to be sure to have a place to flop lol. Have never run into arriving so late to a port, proving to be challenging.

To be honest there weren't a huge amount of loungers at MVC either. We got there at around 10am while it was still pretty empty. We left at 2:00pm and it was busy then. But we did leave right when you're planning on arriving, so perhaps you'll luck out! ;)

Have you looked into going to Palm Beach? I think there's more rentals available there.

There are more vendors on Palm Beach than Eagle Beach.

As to availability of chaises, keep in mind that after Easter week, not only is it low season, but chaise lounges at night are stacked and locked up. The resorts are not going to unstack chaises unless they are needed.

If your ship gets into port at 1 pm and you are the only ship in port, all cruisers will be on an even playing field. Having said that, if you are going to the beach and you are in Aruba, you want to be one of the first ones off the ship anyway because the beach is just that nice! :D

Vendors with chaises and umbrellas rent to everyone, but most of them survive on cruise ship passengers. Tourists already on the island have a resort where they are staying and their own chaises. Apartments for the most part provide beach chairs for their guests.

• 5 months later...
Another option is Nikky Beach Club. You can contact them at http://www.beach-aruba.com/arubabeaches/

Taxi fare each way is $7 (as opposed to $10 for the Amsterdam Manor or MVC Eagle Beach). If you enjoy walking, this location is only about a mile south from the cruise terminal. Follow the main road on to the linear park which will lead you directly to Nikky Beach. This area is also known as Surfside Beach.

DSC_0432.jpg

3455330_orig.jpg

5849408_orig.jpg

This place looks really nice...thank you for the suggestion...I love the pool option!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 months later...
I emailed Nikky Beach, inquiring about prices, amenities and facilities.

Chair and the umbrella for $12.00 after that you can use all our facilities--

• pool

• bar

• restaurant

• showers

• bathrooms

and of course we have a free wifi.

As far as I am aware this is the only spot which includes use of their swimming pool for the price of admission.

This looks like it might be perfect for us, is the snorkelling any good here?

In front of tulips the vendor renting chairs just got all new ones. Also if you decide to sit at lacabana and find an empty hut you can sit under it as long as you rent a chair from the water sports guy called hulio. They can not stop you from getting a hut just can't use la cabana chairs. We are here for 3 months and see many cruise passengers use them if they are free.