Xmas gift from SS to Venetian Society members

zqtchas

If I could respectfully make a suggestion .... I would suggest that in the future Silversea have a member of their team that actually relates to VS Guests!

Marketing promotions that mirror the mass market promotions of the likes of AMEX have risks. The present mischaracterized "Gift" is such an example.

Too bad the new North American Prez began her tenure with this fiasco....

Hopefully Silversea will recalibrate their approach on customer loyalty and do better in the future....

Very well said.

Ditto! I cannot believe that any competent marketing person would have created or approved this. After reading the terms on the back of my $2000 gift card and learning that virtually none of the available merchandise could be purchased for anywhere near this amount, I felt insulted. Silversea was giving me the equivalent of a spam e-mail. Very bad move, Silversea. How about cheaper internet instead?

Can't get the colossal waste of goodwill, printing, postage - out of my mind. Plus diminution of my high hopes for Ms. Bettridge.

Sigh.....I'll get over it:(

And the fact that not everyone even received the offer. I can't get it out of my head someone who has sailed as much as you have with SS hasn't received one. I understand why my DW, kids, and I might not receive one since we have only done 3 cruises, but at least all of the long-term SS folks should have received it, if for nothing else other than consistency in the marketing campaign.

I emailed J. Ripka and an associate called me back (I am about 1000+ miles from any listed store) and as I was interested in earrings was told there were only a choice of 3 pr available minimum with the certificate was $2700-$3000 $$$$$'s. this equates to about a 30% discount. Sorry! She also said they were 'out of stock' of many of the other things. Won't waste anymore time for sure!!!!

I emailed J. Ripka and an associate called me back (I am about 1000+ miles from any listed store) and as I was interested in earrings was told there were only a choice of 3 pr available minimum with the certificate was $2700-$3000 $$$$$'s. this equates to about a 30% discount. Sorry! She also said they were 'out of stock' of many of the other things. Won't waste anymore time for sure!!!!

30% discount in the Jewelry business is pretty small, (my career is in jewelry manufacturing). Many of the retail prices are with very high markups, I know of a number of major retailers who's prices are set so that when they discount by 50%, the markup is still 2 times cost. I suspect J R has a similar pricing structure.

Mrs Banjo & I have discussed this at some length, we are going to regift the card to some body that we don't really care for but want to make them feel they are important to us....... ......sound familiar?

Just wondering what SS is going to give their Aussie and European clients...I'm feeling a little discriminated against. :(

There's a very nice Tiffany shop just around the corner from where I work...fat chance, yes I know. :D

Cheers

Jennifer

Alas! Still no GIFT card. Have imagined several reasons why: slow U.S. mail -- distribution began with last name alphabet letter A (my last name begins with P) -- couldn't be Venetian Society membership numbers since I hold beginning 96----- early years.

So - I may be left forever wondering why.....(sigh):confused:

I keep hoping Ms. Bettridge will man up and confess extremely poor judgment in this first attempt to enhance image and loyalty......ha! (I'm not holding my breath).

Alas! Still no GIFT card. Have imagined several reasons why: slow U.S. mail -- distribution began with last name alphabet letter A (my last name begins with P) -- couldn't be Venetian Society membership numbers since I hold beginning 96----- early years.

So - I may be left forever wondering why.....(sigh):confused:

I keep hoping Ms. Bettridge will man up and confess extremely poor judgment in this first attempt to enhance image and loyalty......ha! (I'm not holding my breath).

Sadly, I suspect they "tiered" clients with this based on # of days, $s spent or some other metric. They couldn't possibly offer it to all.

Who knows what the method was. But the bottom line is most will probably not utilize it and it really is worth nothing.

Sadly, I suspect they "tiered" clients with this based on # of days, $s spent or some other metric. They couldn't possibly offer it to all.

Who knows what the method was. But the bottom line is most will probably not utilize it and it really is worth nothing.

You're wrong Herman. My friend with many less days on board who lives on Long Island received hers weeks ago, as did others who I know are relatively new Venetian members.

Not that it matters -- I was just speculating -- and I usually amuse myself with the possibilities. :p

You're wrong Herman. My friend with many less days on board who lives on Long Island received hers weeks ago, as did others who I know are relatively new Venetian members.

Not that it matters -- I was just speculating -- and I usually amuse myself with the possibilities. :p

P.S. Apologizing in advance Herman: I should have said YOU MAY BE RIGHT.... BUT..... :)

Recalling an earlier thread, they weren't exactly well-organized and consistent with catalog distribution either! Delivery times for the new catalog were all over the map - seemed to vary by several weeks. Perhaps their mailroom / distrubution center needs a workover. A shame, though, if it's something that you really want and don't get it.

I wish SS would stay with their original product of a great cruise line and not try to influence their guests by such promotions as gift cards to a few. No need for 'special' promotions to select guests, however they choose them. SS guests are very individual in so many ways. If it is not broken, do not try to fix it.

Archived