Lost out again

jrs7306

Why can't NCL run sales on weekends when everyone can take advantage on them....not just travel agents and people who don't work. They had a great sale today but by the time I could read my e mails @ lunchtime the cruise I have been following for weeks is sold out!

Why can't NCL run sales on weekends when everyone can take advantage on them....not just travel agents and people who don't work. They had a great sale today but by the time I could read my e mails @ lunchtime the cruise I have been following for weeks is sold out!

That's too bad, sorry! I received an email today about the sale too, but when I checked my sailing the prices are the same as on the TA site. Same last week with supposed £200 off, brought it back to the TA price I booked at.:rolleyes:

Um....I work and don't have any problem following their sales whether they're on the website, email, or Facebook.

Im a nurse and I cannot access online during work hours. As I said in post by the time I was able to@ lunch everything was sold out. We don't ALL have that privledge to have internet access @ our place of employment. I also work 10 hour days.

Well since usually companies run sales to entice new customers to try their product and not for the convenience of those that are keeping an eye out for good deals. I'd have to guess that is the answer to your question.

Now onto you missing out on a good deal you were waiting for? Sorry that has happened, good luck and hope another one comes up that you can get in on.

Why should I have to miss out because I am a productive member of society and have a JOB! You missed my whole point. It just seems unfair. I just think if the sales were on the w/e it would give everyone an even chance to get a good deal. Isn't that what we all want?

Why should I have to miss out because I am a productive member of society and have a JOB! You missed my whole point. It just seems unfair. I just think if the sales were on the w/e it would give everyone an even chance to get a good deal. Isn't that what we all want?

Not sure who you thought missed your point. And I did wish you luck and hoped you could catch the next one. You asked a question and all I did was give an answer IMO why they ran sales when they did. I didn't say it was fair or unfair, right or wrong. Just life.

Have you considered using a local TA and having them keep an eye on sales and giving them the OK to grab one if it meet the criteria you wished for?

I also work weekends And holidays. 10 hour days sometimes 12 hours. I don't have a cushy job either. Try being a nurse for a day. Whats your point?

Which still leaves 12-14 hours a day during the week. Even assuming 8 hours for sleep, that's still 4-6 hours.

Nobody said life was fair so just get over it and keep trying.

For starters make contact with a PCC and give here/her your details and price range of what your looking for, seems to work for us time after time.

By the way I was out of the country and didn't have a chance to buy my winning lotter ticket for 550 million, guess life isn't fair!

Often some of these sales are to fill a handful of cabins once gone there gone!

Im a nurse and I cannot access online during work hours. As I said in post by the time I was able to@ lunch everything was sold out. We don't ALL have that privledge to have internet access @ our place of employment. I also work 10 hour days.

A lot of us don't have immediate access like you think everyone else has. I check my emails a couple of times a day whether it's lunch, break or after work. Most of the "sales" don't go away that quick or may not have been available anyway...... A PCC can also track sales for you and let you know.

ILoveSailing: I thought you bought them as part of our partnership :rolleyes:. I guess this complaint is another of our God-given rights - cruises on sale based on my schedule.

Let me clairify.... Sale started today Monday in Am. I checked ncl sight @ 4:45 am before I left for work. No sale was on site. Checked again @ lunch and called to book a cruise and was told it was "sold Out". My point still is that I think to be fair to EVERYONE the sales should be held on weekends. I know I sound like I'm whinning and probally am but it is so frustrating. Thanks for listining

It doesn't matter when the sales are held. Someone won't be able to get to the information - some work nights, some weekends, time zone changes, etc. Would it have mattered if it were a Sunday sale and someone was in church? Or a Saturday sale and observant Jews couldn't book? There's always something. And weekends aren't always more convenient for EVERYONE - there are people who work retail or real estate, or nurses, who work weekends.

And when the ship is sold out, it's sold out - nothing they can do. You might have missed it if you were sleeping late.

are these sales only for a few hours, or do they last 24hrs? Just curious.

I work weekends, and a couple of weekdays, just the way my shifts go, and they work for me, but even on the days when I work long hours, I still check my cruise when I come home, and if the price went down, be it on a weekend or weekday, I will call and try to adjust, and it has worked for me once. Barring working more than 12hrs a day, there should still be a window to check these sales out. Im new to all this though, so I might still have some new things to learn.

I can't reach my PCC on weekends . :(

( well sum Saturday mornings till 2 )

Excuse me!!! ... I don't have a job..... I'm not a contributing productive member of society............. I'M RETIRED !!! I did all that stuff along time ago for a lot longer than your time on this planet. I HAVE , WILL and AM taking advantage as you say of these perks,sales, specials or what ever you want to call them. That's not OUR Fault. You chose a very hard and rewarding career and I thank you for all that you do. But you knew what that job entailed, so don't dump on us for your disadvantage. Good thing you're a nurse cuz I think I hear the Whaaaabulance coming.

Some times I have to wonder about these flash type sales.....

I was at my computer and got the notice for one, and immediately tried to book it, and.....sold out!

I think they sometimes advertise what they no longer even have available.

Of course, they will then try to entice you with another choice.

There's a name for that practice in the retail store trade, but it escapes me right now.....

Oh wait....could it be "bait and switch"?:D

Edit: they always protect themselves with disclaimers about limited quantities and subject to 'prior sale'....

Some times I have to wonder about these flash type sales.....

I was at my computer and got the notice for one, and immediately tried to book it, and.....sold out!

I think they sometimes advertise what they no longer even have available.

Of course, they will then try to entice you with another choice.

Here's what you have to remember about sending emails on the scale that NCL does. You can only send so many at one time. Especially since many ISPs will block you if you send more than so many at one time to their servers. Not to mention, I'm sure their lists are huge. I have two email accounts with them and sometimes it is several hours between when I get the email on one account and the time I get it on the other one.

So the point is while you just got the email, someone else could have received it three hours before you and booked it and as we know, ships only have so many staterooms.

Um....I work and don't have any problem following their sales whether they're on the website, email, or Facebook.

I work as well, and I can follow them on their site and on email. Facebook is a different issue, since whatever NCL posts may get buried in everything else on Facebook.

If you can't access your personal email on your work computer, have you considered having it ping you on your cell phone or setting up a forward for NCL mail on weekdays to go to your work email account? There are so many ways to see an email in a timely manner, I guess I've never thought that was a problem.

KC

Archived