Discontinued NCL Veteran/Military discount

kmb388

7 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

Tom:

You seem to be quite the authority.  Thank you for your first very forceful statements.

My experience:  OBC was never refunded until I was told by Princess that it must be requested through guest services.  Thereafter, I did start receiving it from your source (third party) after making my request accordingly.

On my recent Royal Princess cruise, I was told (at guest services) that it would be credited to my credit card because they were no longer using a third party to write the checks.   After one month of nonreceipt, I called Princess (in San Clarita, Ca.)and was told that it would now arrive via the third party payer.

Instead, a couple days ago, I received a hand adressed letter from Princess (not the third party payer) with the check enclosed.

I also note that your (third party) letter was dated a few years ago.  Please note that my Princess letter was postmarked 11-19-18.

In summation, and to quote you, your information "...is  NOT at all correct" in my actual experience and YOU may want to go back and post the correct information... otherwise back up your statements with current facts.

Sorry if my message came across as snarky or some such as I didn't mean it that way. That envelope was from a few years ago but the latest check I received dated 1 Nov of this year and I got it 4 days later, so I suspect it's current info. That assumption may not be correct since your letter is more recent than mine, however. 

I just checked with Princess and was told that if the refundable balance was less than $25, the person should stop by Passenger Services to collect it but if it's greater than that it automatically triggers the automatic refund procedure. I knew that you could stop by the desk if it was less than $25 but didn't know it was required that you do so.  Learn something every day.  Again my apologies for coming across as snarky as it was not intended that way although I can see why it was taken that way.

Tom

1 hour ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

Sorry if my message came across as snarky or some such as I didn't mean it that way. That envelope was from a few years ago but the latest check I received dated 1 Nov of this year and I got it 4 days later, so I suspect it's current info. That assumption may not be correct since your letter is more recent than mine, however. 

I just checked with Princess and was told that if the refundable balance was less than $25, the person should stop by Passenger Services to collect it but if it's greater than that it automatically triggers the automatic refund procedure. I knew that you could stop by the desk if it was less than $25 but didn't know it was required that you do so.  Learn something every day.  Again my apologies for coming across as snarky as it was not intended that way although I can see why it was taken that way.

Tom

Tom,

I think the lesson here is that Princess is the final authority.  Unfortunately, Princess employees don't seem to know what is going on but they are quick to give you the "facts" as they believe them.  And that is why we end up with misunderstandings here on this forum.

Bottm line:  I don't think either is correct and no one at this point really knows what is going on.  We can agree on that.

We both received letters in November. My "automartic" refund took two months to receive.

Couple all this with the fact that I have had tremendous problems in the past with Princess' communication and my attempts to get correct, definitive answers.

Take care Tom.  See you down the line.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We usually do not have any OBC left, but last week we did.  And yes they said since over $25 it automatically will get sent to us via check.  She said allow at least a week.  I will be on the lookout.

I did notice that on the printouts during our cruise on the Crown Princess that it shows a total $ amount that is refundable and also $ amount non refundable.  They did use the non refundable first.  Therefore all of mine was refundable.