Radiance Class: have anything like Celebrity's Persian Gardens spa?

Kupe

Hey gang-

My wife and I are considering booking a cruise aboard Radiance of the Seas. We were wondering if the Radiance-class ships have anything like the "Persian Gardens" spa area as is found aboard the Celebrity Infinity-class ships.

If you are not familiar, the Persian Gardens is sauna/steam/rain shower turkish-bath sort of spa area. Relaxing spa music, great lighting, atmospheric, and perfect for working out the kinks after a long excursion ashore! My wife and I paid a very reasonable surcharge for a full cruise admission to the Persian Gardens and it was a highlight of a South American cruise aboard Infinity.

We've never been aboard a Royal Caribbean ship, so any help much appreciated!

Cheers!

Kupe

The Radiance Class ships have separate men's and women's steam rooms/saunas. You do not pay for them like Celebrity and they are not co-ed. There are also lockers/changing rooms. You then go through another door into the steam room/saunas where there are 4 showers and a handicapped shower. This area is one of my favorite things about Radiance Class. You will love it!

Alan

Thanks Alan!

That does give me a rough idea. It sounds like perhaps the Radiance sauna/steam area is not so much a spa setup, but more like perhaps what one would see at a gymnasium or similar? We were hoping for a co-ed area like the Persian Gardens. I did find a picture, if anyone knows of something similar aboard Radiance class ships.

Thanks!

features_quiet_peaceful_corner_950x345.jpg

The Radiance Class ships have separate men's and women's steam rooms/saunas. You do not pay for them like Celebrity and they are not co-ed. There are also lockers/changing rooms. You then go through another door into the steam room/saunas where there are 4 showers and a handicapped shower. This area is one of my favorite things about Radiance Class. You will love it!

Alan

Jewel, which is a Radiance class had the thermal spa are which was co-ed and had steam and dry sauna and aroma therapy rooms with a rinse shower (locker rooms were separate.) It was an additional cost and was limited, on our cruise to like 20 couples. We enjoyed it very much.

Thanks Alan!

That does give me a rough idea. It sounds like perhaps the Radiance sauna/steam area is not so much a spa setup, but more like perhaps what one would see at a gymnasium or similar? We were hoping for a co-ed area like the Persian Gardens. I did find a picture, if anyone knows of something similar aboard Radiance class ships.

Thanks!

features_quiet_peaceful_corner_950x345.jpg

The heated seats in the Thermal suite look like this, but they are individual seats in a group area. Let's see if I have a photo.

thermal.jpg

Thermal suites on Radiance class are nicer than the M class persian gardens b/c they face the sea & are not interior spaces...

On Celeb, S class the p/gardens face the sea!

both lines have free non-coed saunas in the locker room areas....

Thermal suites on Radiance class are nicer than the M class persian gardens b/c they face the sea & are not interior spaces...

On Celeb, S class the p/gardens face the sea!

Thanks everyone- all good info!

Do you recall what the charge is for the Thermal Suites on Radiance class? Can you buy a pass for the entire cruise? I assume they are co-ed like Persian Gardens?

Kupe

I don't know the answer but it seems to vary by ship & capacity--you can also buy a day pass sometimes..we used to take it for the enitre cruise but prices were never the same...

now we sail Celeb Aquclass so persian gardens are included in our fare...!

Hi, I'm going on my first RC cruise next month, would Voyager have something similar, I could see myself sitting on a warm chair looking out to sea around NZ's slightly chilly South Island.

Voyager does not. They do have a very large inside hot tub at the entrance to the gym. There are saunas and steam rooms in each locker room.

I've done the Persian Gardens on a few Celebrity ships and they are not all that impressive. I don't like the co-ed steam rooms. Who wants to go to a steam room in a bathing suit or a heavy terry robe? Defeats the purpose of sweating out all the salt that's in the food.

The Millenium class Celebrity ships have the Persian Gardens in a dark uninviting space. Don't even bother.

I would never pay to use the Persian Gardens. Waste of time and money. (went with a coupon on two ships) I much prefer the free steam rooms on RCI Voyager and smaller ships.

Archived