Cruise deposits/Final Payment

kwc0127

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of booking a cruise in a suite. The TA tells me that the suites require higher deposits (500 pp) and that the final payment is due 120 days prior to sailing.

Is this the new norm? Last year I think my deposit was 200 pp and final payment 60 days out.

Can someone tell me if this is what they have experienced?

Thanks

I just paid made my final payment for my cruise at 75 days before as required by Norwegian. I had to due a $250.00 per person deposit. I did my reservation directly with the cruise line.

It depends on the level of Suite

Suites designated S and a letter only require the lower deposit and timing like other cabins and the

The Suites designated with S and a number require higher deposit and final payment is generally due earlier.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I stated incorrectly or not clear enough

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of booking a cruise in a suite. The TA tells me that the suites require higher deposits (500 pp) and that the final payment is due 120 days prior to sailing.

Is this the new norm? Last year I think my deposit was 200 pp and final payment 60 days out.

Can someone tell me if this is what they have experienced?

Thanks

Suites quite often require a higher deposit then regular cabins. On Princess the suite deposit is double that of the regular cabins.

Suites that are part of the Haven have higher deposits and an earlier cancelation penalty period.

So if you are booking any suite on the Breakaway or Epic(All suites are part of the haven on these ships) or a Haven specific suite on any other ship this will be the case.

-Matt

I suppose it's also possible that some TAs have their own policy on final payment dates to make it easier on their own work load. I know they sometimes have their own fee structure for interactions with customers, so its seems possible they may have their own deadline schedule as well. Also note the sentence on NCL's site that says "Group passenger policies may differ". Perhaps you're TA is booking you as part of a group (you may not even know that they are doing it) and therefore the published schedule doesn't apply. If you're concerned, I'd ask the TA about it.

Archived