Bernard's Tour St Maarten

johnsak123

question for you who booked. I booked online and did the $5/person paypal reservation. But besides that I didn't get any sort of confirmation. Did anyone else?

I am excited to go on the tour too - just want to make sure I really have reservations - didn't hear anything.

THanks!

We're booked wirh Bernard's Tours for next week. I received an email from Bernard right after we booked. You might want to contact him via his website to make sure he has your reservations.

For those of you who ave already taken his tour, when. You visited Orient Beach, do we need to bring our own towels or are towels available there?

We're booked wirh Bernard's Tours for next week. I received an email from Bernard right after we booked. You might want to contact him via his website to make sure he has your reservations.

For those of you who ave already taken his tour, when. You visited Orient Beach, do we need to bring our own towels or are towels available there?

I'm not much help, because we did the tour that didn't stay at the beach long - but I don't remember seeing any little huts to get towels from - but email Bernard, he may know!!

question for you who booked. I booked online and did the $5/person paypal reservation. But besides that I didn't get any sort of confirmation. Did anyone else?

I am excited to go on the tour too - just want to make sure I really have reservations - didn't hear anything.

THanks!

Did you ever hear anything? I booked yesterday afternoon, paid w/PayPal, and got the Paypal confirmation, but nothing from Bernard. 2 friends who are taking the tour with us booked later in the afternoon, and got a note from Bernard yesterday confirming their reservation. Did you need to contact him :confused:

THanks!

We booked over Christmas and received a confirmation via email besides the paypal. I would send him another email.

Did you ever hear anything? I booked yesterday afternoon, paid w/PayPal, and got the Paypal confirmation, but nothing from Bernard. 2 friends who are taking the tour with us booked later in the afternoon, and got a note from Bernard yesterday confirming their reservation. Did you need to contact him :confused:

Here's the email address I have for him

bernard1332002@yahoo.com

Thank you. I have emailed him and got a reply. I am booked and very excited about the tour :D

You won't be dissappointed, I assure you! It was the first excursion that I booked outside of a ship excursion, because I have always been worried about not getting back to the ship on time, but I read so many good reviews about Bernard's on here and on TripAdvisor, I figured I couldn't go wrong, and it was truly the highlight of our entire cruise! Have fun!!

I think we will be booking this tour as well. As much fun as Capt. Bob's tours look, they are much longer and I like to have a few more hours buffer between the end of the tour and ship's departure. I will also have children with me and I think a shorter tour might be better. ALSO I don't think my daughter will like the speedboat much!

Thanks for all the information - I'm looking forward to it!

We are also booked on this tour at the end of the month. For those of you who have done it before, is there any time for shopping after the tour is over?

Yes, we had 2 or 3 hours left to shop there in Phillipsburg- the driver will drop you off at the shopping district, or take you directly back to the ship - just let him know what you prefer! It's not "majority rules" or anything either - some get off and some go on back to the ship- He also offered to stop a a beachwear shop named "Rima", but nobody wanted to stop there, so he passed it by - He said that they sell alot of the things that local vendors carry, like the beach dresses, tropical shirts for guys, and stuff like that - Be sure you try a Guavaberry Colada while in Phillipsburg! Yummy!!

Yes, we had 2 or 3 hours left to shop there in Phillipsburg- the driver will drop you off at the shopping district, or take you directly back to the ship - just let him know what you prefer! It's not "majority rules" or anything either - some get off and some go on back to the ship- He also offered to stop a a beachwear shop named "Rima", but nobody wanted to stop there, so he passed it by - He said that they sell alot of the things that local vendors carry, like the beach dresses, tropical shirts for guys, and stuff like that - Be sure you try a Guavaberry Colada while in Phillipsburg! Yummy!!

I will have to try that. Thank you!!

Are the Bernard tours a big bus? Or smaller? I am trying to decide between them and Jo jonie tours.I found the bus info. I like that this tour includes adult beverages!

Your question was answered on the second page of this thread.

Are the Bernard tours a big bus? Or smaller? I am trying to decide between them and Jo jonie tours.I found the bus info. I like that this tour includes adult beverages!

It's not like a big charter bus - it is smaller than that - but I honestly don't know how many people were in there - but it was quite comfy and air conditioned!! And yes, he has rum punch, (really strong rum punch, but tasty!), he also had beer, soft drinks & water - you'll love Bernard's tour!

And yes, he has rum punch, (really strong rum punch, but tasty!), he also had beer, soft drinks & water - you'll love Bernard's tour!

Are these beverages and a lunch included in the price?

Thinking of booking it on- april 9....(First time cruisers)

:)

Edited by Pekpot

No lunch included but several opportunity to pick up some snack type foods along the way. Besides, you have been on the ship, you can't possibly be worried about missing a meal!!!!! Just eat a hearty breakfast. You will survive the tour.

We loved Bernard's tour. Orient Beach is really pretty-- we chose to hang out on the left side-the views to the right were not what my DH was hoping for:eek: I took some great pictures at the shopping area but really could not tell you about the actual shopping. Maho was fun for a little bit, a must do. The ocean critter stop was neat-- I held some interesting sea life, which I never thought I would do. Personally, I would let Bernard set up your tour-- he knows the island better than anyone. You will have fun. :D

I was hesitant about Orient because we'll have two 8 year olds with us ... any other beach suggestions?

What about bathroom stops? With all kinds of drinks provided and two kids, I'm SURE we'll be needing some LOL I guess I'm just hoping we don't have any incidents where we need to stop and there's nothing around. (I know, I worry about the dumbest things ... )