Ben and Jerry Suite

sj25

It was good!

We made full use of the concierge lounge - which was nice for meeting people and stuff. However, that caused us to miss most of the nighttime entertainment... because by the time we finished up there and then had dinner it was 9 or later.

We were able to sit in the suite section at the ice show - which was a great perk!

The room was really adorable... and there was a plug that we didn't know what to do with until the cabin steward told us it made the room moo. Hahaha that was hilarious!!

The ice cream was yummy and tasted fresh when I had it. We were allowed a small scoop each but we could get it in a waffle cone if we wanted.

The door banging wasn't an issue. I noticed it but only because i was listening for it.

All in all - it was a great room with perks. Not sure we'd do it again as I missed having a view of the water.

Anything else you wanted to know?

We would like that moo plug. lol

Do you still get concierge benefits if you have 1 A 1C staying in the room? We will get another inside room for 1 A 1 C. Wondering if dh and I can get the concierge drinks if he is in another room?

On Freedom there is a connecting cabin, which is what we did. DD and FIL in other room, DH and I in Ben and Jerry's. We only got one gold concierge access card, so that shouldn't matter. You would still get the two vouchers for free ice cream.

It was good!

We made full use of the concierge lounge - which was nice for meeting people and stuff. However, that caused us to miss most of the nighttime entertainment... because by the time we finished up there and then had dinner it was 9 or later.

We were able to sit in the suite section at the ice show - which was a great perk!

The room was really adorable... and there was a plug that we didn't know what to do with until the cabin steward told us it made the room moo. Hahaha that was hilarious!!

The ice cream was yummy and tasted fresh when I had it. We were allowed a small scoop each but we could get it in a waffle cone if we wanted.

The door banging wasn't an issue. I noticed it but only because i was listening for it.

All in all - it was a great room with perks. Not sure we'd do it again as I missed having a view of the water.

Anything else you wanted to know?

Thanks for the update! Did you get a gold seapass?

We would like that moo plug. lol

Hah yeah it was fun

Thanks for the update! Did you get a gold seapass?

No our sea passes were regular and we got a separate gold card that opened the cow-cierge lounge ;)

we were on independence in this room last year and we have got it again this year we had a normal card which opened the concierge lounge door. I wondered if we contacted the concierge we would be allowed a gold card so we could use the portofinos dining room for breakfast etc and also the pool area.

we were on independence in this room last year and we have got it again this year we had a normal card which opened the concierge lounge door. I wondered if we contacted the concierge we would be allowed a gold card so we could use the portofinos dining room for breakfast etc and also the pool area.

I would ....

:D:D On a whim decided to see if the Sweet was available on the FOTS the week I was looking at in June 2015. wasn't even sure if I'd book the trip, really was just checking pricing. But, when I saw this room was available decided to put down the deposit. I hope all the benefits are still the same 14 months from now;) I love this thread as it gave me info about some things I wouldn't have otherwise known, like asking for a gold card to get access to gold card areas. thanks everyone for keeping it up to date!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just booked Liberty for Oct 22, 2015 and the Ben & Jerry's Sweet was NOT available. Seventeen months ahead. Didn't know the exact cabin till I read this thread although I did know it existed. :)

Denise

Edited by DKNYC

I just booked a short 4 night 2015 Easter weekend cruise on the Liberty and was surprised and pleased to find the "Sweet" and adjoining PR cabin available. I grabbed it and it will be a surprise for the kids even though they are both college age now. They still love ice cream! :D

We're going back to the Sweet!!!

Just booked on Freedom for May 3, 2015. Don't even remember if it was Eastern or Western - just found it available and grabbed it! :D

Looks like May 3, 2015 is being chartered. :( We haven't heard anything from RCCL yet, just saw it marked N/A for booking and asked on another thread if anyone knew anything.

We booked the Sweet for March 8, 2105 just in case and while we were at it, grabbed it for April 24, 2016 as well! :D

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

So interesting to read all of this! In paying close attention to everybody's posts, there seems to be contradictory information about:

1) Whether room is noisy at night (or not)

2) Whether there is a punch card or individual coupons (2/day) for ice cream, and

3) Whether it is only for a small single scoop, or whatever you want (including milkshakes)

4) Whether CL access is effected through

(i) reprogramming the regular room card,

(ii) a separate, single WHITE card,

(iii) a separate, single GOLD card, or

(iv) TWO separate GOLD cards... (and whether these are provided upon boarding or delivered to the room within the next day or so)... and

(v) where a GOLD card is provided, if this ALSO provides access to all other FULL SUITE amenities, including reserved seating areas at shows and by the pool; Barefoot Beach at Labadee (and cabana reservation privileges there if available after regular full suite guests); ordering room service from the full MDR menu.

Hmmm...

I wonder if the discrepancies have to do with:

A) WHEN the cruise occurred (i.e., I believe in the past ALL D+ and Suite guests needed that separate WHITE card to access the CL)...

B) WHO is the concierge (it sounds like some provide full suite service, including a gold card)...

C) THE B&J staff (seems as if some will offer whatever you desire, while others only do the small ice cream scoop)... and

D) maintenance/guest services (who may or may not be able to do something to keep the adjacent hallway doors from banging shut when in use by staff in the wee hours).

In any event, I am very excited to have this cabin booked for a B2B in 2015 -- snagged it on the Liberty during its brief stay in Bayonne, so no airfare -- and the B2B is Canada/New England (which I haven't done since the 1990s, when I went on Carnival when my kids were little) and Bermuda, where I've never been!! Yeah, I'll miss my balcony, but the Prom cabin rate was great, especially with the current BOGOHO sale... and I'm excited for the cow décor, my roomie is a cow fan!!:D

Thanks for all the info, pictures and videos. I would love to hear from recent guests regarding the above contradictory info, and where things stand today... especially on the Liberty, since it seems there may be some discrepancies between how the perks are given on the three ships that have this "sweet"... although who knows, they may all change again in the next 16 months!! (Wow, I've never planned a trip this far ahead before...)