Azamara journey balcony metal plate

cruiseaholic78

Originally Posted by Jb-lhr

Hiya Farmaceerep,

That cabin is a perfectly normal balcony cabin, and with it situated midship, will be subject to less movement. The only thing it does have (as do all cabins in the range 7031-7089 and 7028-7086) is that instead of the end of the balcony being simply metal bars (therefore see-through) from the floor to the railing, there are only 2 metal bars under the railing, the rest is a metal plate. This does mean that whilst lying in bed, you may not be able to see the sea. If I hadn't told you, you would probably never have noticed, however, the other cabins on deck 7, as well as all on decks 6 and 9 do not have this metal plate. You did ask!?!? I know you will LOVE your cruise, as Azamara is SPECTACULAR!!!

Based on the above and for some reason getting aft and forward mixed up(don't ask what was I thinking) I booked cabin 7027. Just now I was looking at photos of the Journey and realised my mistake luckily before sailing! I know to some (dh included)this might not be a big deal but I love my balcony and want all the views possible in or outside the cabin. Cabin 7090 is still available and now I have checked all photos and reviews left right and centre and it looks good to me. Can someone out there confirm this so I can change this tomorrow and not obsess about this all over Christmas?

Rosalyn

Hi,

We are just off the Quest. FYI the new veranda furniture may affect your view. The new table has a central pedestal and the chair sides and backs go almost to the ground. Sorry I do not have a picture, but the furniture is made from the woven rattan-like plastic.

The other consideration with mid-section cabins is that they are directly above the life boats. This may or may not be a noise issue depending on how many ports are tendered.

• 2 weeks later...

This will be our first time on Azamara and like a previous thread we love our balcony and would much prefer metal bars (for the view) than a metal plate. We are in a Continent Suite #8053. Can anyone tell us what we have please. So looking forward to this cruise as friends tell us Azamara are up there with the best!!

Scotpom:)

This will be our first time on Azamara and like a previous thread we love our balcony and would much prefer metal bars (for the view) than a metal plate. We are in a Continent Suite #8053. Can anyone tell us what we have please. So looking forward to this cruise as friends tell us Azamara are up there with the best!!

Bars as I recall on all the suites and yes your friends are right you are in for a wonderful treat - enjoy!

Bars/plates...much ado about nothing. It's all at ankle level.:rolleyes:

I can understand you thinking that however there were some reasons for my "much ado"

I love to sit on the balcony with my feet on the railing, I love to lie in bed and enjoy all of the view and last but not least if there are different cabins available at the same price why not check with fellow cc's to get the best one for me.:

I can understand you thinking that however there were some reasons for my "much ado"

I love to sit on the balcony with my feet on the railing, I love to lie in bed and enjoy all of the view and last but not least if there are different cabins available at the same price why not check with fellow cc's to get the best one for me.:

There is no harm in asking. It's what these boards are for. What isn't important to one person maybe for someone else and yes, you have highlighted a difference that might be important to some.

Phil

uktog is correct. All the Club Continent Suites have a metal lip at the bottom of the balcony rail. This is a shot of 8054 on Quest to show what you'll get:

2555057230054958397JfNFlU_fs.jpg

Phil

Archived