Our Fantastical Journey: Carnival Fantasy Review & PICS/December 8th, 2012 sailing

All4fun&fun4all

Nice Review.....I throughly enjoyed your last review from the Fantasy. I am in the process of compiling and organizing our pictures from our back to back cruises on the Ecstasy and Sensation earlier this month to begin another photo review of my own

Nice Review.....I throughly enjoyed your last review from the Fantasy. I am in the process of compiling and organizing our pictures from our back to back cruises on the Ecstasy and Sensation earlier this month to begin another photo review of my own

I can't wait for your review either. Your photo review of the Fantasy was also a big factor in my deciding to book my first (but not only) Fantasy cruise in 2013.

Oh, yeah - Go Tar Heels!! (Class of 2003, representing!)

Edited by carolinablonde81

WOW, Great review.. Thanks for swinging by our roll call to let us know it was up..

Swing by and let us know when part 2 (and 3 and 4 and....) are ready..

(I will try and remember to swing by for a look see..)

We can't wait for ours..

Oh yeah to the poster that mentioned a quiet roll call.. Keep posting to it to sort of "bump" it up to the top part of the roll call list.. Easier to see;):eek::D...

Remember that fun group that I spoke about in the Hairy Chest Contest section? We spent some time with them this evening and invited them to our UN-Wedding at HMC. So much laughter...and then the great hockey debate. alligirl78 *cough*. Anyone that was in that area knows about the great hockey debated. We dont speak of it in public circles. Only speak of it in whispers.

Loving your review so far :D

Hockey debate??? The only debate is which team is second best AFTER THE DETROIT RED WINGS :D

come on with a name like hockeyluver you know I had to chime in on that one!! Thank God for junior hockey this year!!

OK Nancy. Time to get up and start writing. I want more!

I agree!! LOL I've been waiting on your review! Thanks for doing one again - Will make my 3 weeks hopefully go by faster! Tell me about those disco balls - Are they just decoration or does a drink come in them. Looks like you all had a blast!

Loving your review so far :D

Hockey debate??? The only debate is which team is second best AFTER THE DETROIT RED WINGS :D

come on with a name like hockeyluver you know I had to chime in on that one!! Thank God for junior hockey this year!!

Our dear new friend John is a Penguins fan. The debate was really never a debate because only an idiot or a Penguins fan would argue that LeMieux is a better player/captain/all-around-better guy than the esteemed Steve Yzerman. ;)

We didn't meet with you guys either but I did see Andrew once in a elevator.

Missygirl - there were so many people on the roll call that we didn't get to meet. Andrew and Nancy were alot of fun (we got to spend quite a bit of time with them).

Ok I am back. At 9am this morning the Andrew woke me from a blissful slumber with a mimosa telling me I need to get busy writing/typing. We have managed to get our last minute Christmas shopping done and re-medicated me. The coffee is on and my boyfriend/agent/whip cracker has me back on track.

We left off with syncronized swimming on day 2. That's where we will pick up...only because it makes sense to do so.

Yeah, can you tell I am sick? :p

SEA DAY 2 contd:

And, while the ladies did a great job, the guys...well, the guys totally brought down the house. And guess who was involved. Yep..."those" guys!

174_zpsebe93695.jpg

Spinning

176_zps0108fb00.jpg

The lift

178_zpsff47541b.jpg

And a big finish

180_zps01dfcce7.jpg

The FG's were poolside laughing and cheering for our favorites

182_zps21d3d34c.jpg

Then someone started a spontaneous conga line with Santa and while it didnt last very long....I WAS IN A CONGA LINE WITH SANTA!!!!

183_zps2745120b.jpg

The Fantasy Girls set up little group activites to do together throughout the cruise prior to sailing based on a 7 day Fun Times from a recent sailing. We called it our "Loose Itinerary" so that no one felt obligated to come if they were busy doing something else at the time. This worked out well for the first couple of days but the Fun Times were slightly different after day 2 so some activities got moved around and some were abandoned. I dont know if ANY ONE of us made it to the open invite to walk the track at 8am each day. I know I wasnt present.

On this day at 2pm we decided to have craft time. Now, I am not really a very crafty person but I will certainly try anything once. The craftier girls in our group brought instructions and materials and we found that Cat's Lounge was unoccupied at the time. We unloaded our materials and got busy making Christmas ornaments and necklaces.

She's crafty

184_zpsc9aa1ddb.jpg

Wreath ornament

189_zpsd9725a23.jpg

Craftin

191_zps8f481a49.jpg

Icicle ornament

192_zps1f912d30.jpg

So, the main reason I am posting about this crafting session (other than the fact that it was great fun despite my poor crafting skills) is to show that if you have impromptu activities that you may want to do with a small group, you can almost always find a space to do just about anything without having to ask permission. A few staff members came through and we asked if we would be in the way and they said no and some took an interest just to see what we were doing.

On my way back to lido

200_zps92f89c3d.jpg

Tonight was the night they had the VIFP party. We had received the invitations the night before at turn down and were excited to find out what this new party would be like. In my opinion, it was very much like the Past Guest party and I am not sure if this sailing just had a large amount of VIFP's but the place was packed.

Waiting to get in

201_zps94f2dc12.jpg

They did the video of all the ships and asked you to yell out for the ships you have been on. I yelled for the two that I had been on and waited for the servers to bring the hors d'ourves around.

I must admit that service was pretty slow but eventually I did end up with a bite of this meat/potatoes thing and a drink.

210_zps04ee036b.jpg

And this pizza-ish type deal

211_zps7c5d258d.jpg

They also called up on stage the two couples who had the most sailings and guess who got called up...our buddy Pinkfloydfan. This pic is horrible but perhaps you get the gist.

206_zps6b8a10bf.jpg

Server

209_zpsc541eaf5.jpg

All this time I had been sitting with ilovetheislands and was looking for the Andrew because we got separated. He found the FG's but I was in a different section of the lounge so I got to watch him wandering around looking a bit lost. Then he found me and after a few minutes we were able to get him a drink as well. After about 45 minutes the whole thing was over and after a brief meeting with the FG's we headed up to...you guessed it....lido to hang out before dinner since we were already dressed and ready.

225_zpsaf6aedd9.jpg

We approached the hostess stand and again were asked if we minded sitting with others. We didnt mind at all. We ended up sitting with members of the Entertainment staff! How cool! At first it was a bit awkward. You cant just start with "so hey, what do you do for a living" because I am certain the last thing they wanted to do is talk about work, Once we found other things to talk about we had a wonderful time.