Our Fantastical Journey: Carnival Fantasy Review & PICS/December 8th, 2012 sailing

All4fun&fun4all

Loving it! :p

Thanks girlie! I still havent gotten the chance to read your most recent review. Now that the holidays are past us, I should have time to sit at home and enjoy reading it. I believe the Andrew has already been reading it.

We didn't meet with you guys either but I did see Andrew once in a elevator.

AHA! That must have been after the 3rd day when we started giving up on those blasted stairs! He had a knee injury from about a month prior (my fault) and my knees were getting crunchy. Did he say anything to you guys? Oh lordy...what did he say? :p

WOW, Great review.. Thanks for swinging by our roll call to let us know it was up..

Swing by and let us know when part 2 (and 3 and 4 and....) are ready..

(I will try and remember to swing by for a look see..)

We can't wait for ours..

Thanks for reading! We are thinking about the Nov sailing for our next adventure at the end of next year.

Loving your review so far :D

Hockey debate??? The only debate is which team is second best AFTER THE DETROIT RED WINGS :D

come on with a name like hockeyluver you know I had to chime in on that one!! Thank God for junior hockey this year!!

I am not sure of the content of the debate but I do recall hearing the word hockey being flung about in an angry tone. :) Lot's of passion in those arguments.

I agree!! LOL I've been waiting on your review! Thanks for doing one again - Will make my 3 weeks hopefully go by faster! Tell me about those disco balls - Are they just decoration or does a drink come in them. Looks like you all had a blast!

The disco ball has it's very own drink inside. I am not sure what exactly is in it, but it was tasty and similar to the funship special. When you open the ball, there is a nice Carnival plastic cup inside with a lid that I continued to use throughout the cruise and in ports to make my own drinks. There is a string inside the disco ball under the plastic cup so that you can hang it when you get home.

I just love your reviews!! I have followed you and THE Andrew on many cruises. Keep up the good fun!! :D

Thanks for continuing to read about our adventures!

Thanks for reading! Oh, and I have been known to push people over the edge to do many things. :p;) It's a gift!

You, my dear, will be making cameo appearances. I did choose not to put the picture on of us dancing the wobble and the pattern on your dress made you look like you had a target on your posterior. :D

All4fun&fun4all, It's a gift that keeps on giving. Please book another cruise with me (don't you know the third time is a charm:cool:) E-mail the photos of the wobble to me:o Oh by the way loving your review and I also enjoyed meeting everyone;) Pink

Another great Fantasy review!! Congrat's on the unmarriage! Hey remember those letters to the port you encouraged us to write? I got a letter back a couple days ago saying that they issued permits for improvements to the port. So I think that's a good sign! Of course it also said something about appealing so the antiport people may appeal & keep dragging it out... We will be on Fantasy again Nov 2, 2013, don't know what Nov date you were thinking of booking, but maybe we'll see you! I can't wait!!

Edited by Malibubaby

OH, Congratulations on the un- marriage !!!!!!

AWWW!!! Un-thank you! Un-thank you very much! :D

Another great Fantasy review!! Congrat's on the unmarriage! Hey remember those letters to the port you encouraged us to write? I got a letter back a couple days ago saying that they issued permits for improvements to the port. So I think that's a good sign! Of course it also said something about appealing so the antiport people may appeal & keep dragging it out... We will be on Fantasy again Nov 2, 2013, don't know what Nov date you were thinking of booking, but maybe we'll see you! I can't wait!!

That's wonderful to hear that you got a response! I really hope things will move forward and those society folks start investing their money in some worthy causes. It's sad the amount of money they are wasting while fighting this natural progression.

That November 2nd sailing is actually one of the dates we are tossing around!

OH, Congratulations on the un- marriage !!!!!!

AWWW!!! Un-thank you! Un-thank you very much! :D

That's wonderful to hear that you got a response! I really hope things will move forward and those society folks start investing their money in some worthy causes. It's sad the amount of money they are wasting while fighting this natural progression.

That November 2nd sailing is actually one of the dates we are tossing around!

All4fun&fun4all, It's a gift that keeps on giving. Please book another cruise with me (don't you know the third time is a charm:cool:) E-mail the photos of the wobble to me:o Oh by the way loving your review and I also enjoyed meeting everyone;) Pink

Where and when are you sailing next Pink? We would love to sail with you again.

Hey Guys, I feel like I should know you guys personally after reading both of your reviews. You are a excellent writer. We are leaving on the Fantasy on the 14th, I wish you could go with us. Keep Writing! :)

Thanks! I wish we could sail with you too!

Okie dokie folks, now that I have left you basking in our afterglow of the unwedding at HMC for the last couple of days, perhaps we should move on? Yeah, I dont wanna leave HMC either. Honestly, it is our most favorite port so far. I could sit and stare at that water for hours. *sigh*.

So, at 12:12pm on 12/12/12 we were unwed. If you click on that second link, posted by Smokey4U, you will see pictures of the Un-ceremony. There's Pink asking us if we dont want to get married and we say nope. My Fantasy Girls, naturally in attendance as my un-bridesmaids and the Andrew swimming away. As I said, that was pretty much the end of it but BananaAnna's daughter (whom I borrowed the dress from) said she was really done with the dress and to go in after him. So I did. And we smooched, fully clothed in the waters of HMC.

I think I threw an empty water bottle over my head as a "bouquet" (unbouquet?)

At some point, the DJ assumed that it was an actual wedding and announced it over the PA and then began playing Celine Dion "Because You Love Me". Oh dear gawd! So we sorta turn in circles in a half arsed attempt at slow dancing. Hilarious!

So, how's that for an UN-Ceremony?!! We got congratulations for the rest of the day and corrected as many people as we could. We didnt want to lead anyone on.

After this, we went into Captain on the Rocks bar and ordered a drink for me and a beer for the Andrew. You use your sail and sign here by the way.

the bar from inside

543_zps7c24f519.jpg

The menu (Is that even readable?) is expensive

544_zps503c9363.jpg

Blushing un-bride and handsome un-groom

542_zps08d1eede.jpg

We spent some time snorkeling in the quieter waters just past the cabanas with COJO and husband and they were kind enough to let us leave some of our things in their cabana for safe keeping as did Smokey4U. We basically cabana hopped.

I knew that I wanted to get some souveniers from here so Smokey4U, his girlie, my un-groom and I walked up to the shops and the main gift shop was already closed. (?) So, we went to the other little shops in the surrounding area and got a few things. I found a really pretty ornament handmade from conch horn.

You will need cash for these shops as they do not accept your sail and sign for payment. The only issue that I had was that there was nothing HMC specific in these shops and since the other shop closed, I am not sure if there is something there that says HMC.

Then we realized that we should probably start thinking about packing up and taking the tender back to the ship. And also realized that we probably should have done that prior to coming to the shops. Meh. So we walk back to the cabanas down the paved path, pack our things and come back to the bar near the tenders.

Here is a little piece of advice for you: If you see a line for the tenders, have a seat at the bar or the tables right next to the line. They are shaded and you will be comfortable. The bar was closing down as we sat there but we were comfortable and as long as there is bar staff there, you will still get a tender back to the ship. They wont leave their staff there.

At this point some "platinum" lady came up to one of the bartenders, which didnt make sense to me, to ask why she should have to wait in line because she had priority tendering to the island. She felt she should have priority back from the island. People and their sense of entitlement. We will all get there eventually.

When the line went down, we stood in line and got on a double decker tender and quite a few staff members were traveling back with us. The ride back was short and uneventful and we sailed away from HMC on time.

Edited by All4fun&fun4all

We made our way up the one floor to our cabin (Riviera deck benefit!) and got showered and changed clothes so that we would be ready for dinner. I also plugged in the camera for a little while.

Then, I bet you will never be able to guess where we went next. Let's say it all together...."LIDO!" And of course we stayed here until the line died down and we merrily went to dine in public for the first time as un-honeymooners. (I promise to quit the UN business soon)

When we approached the hostess stand this night we said that we didnt mind dining with others and I am really glad we chose this option. We sat at a 4 top with the nicest, sweetest and funniest older couple. They had been married for 60+ years and had the most amazing banter with each other. The guy asked for his wine several times before he was able to get it and just the way he looked so desperate to get it made me laugh. He said that in all his years with his wife she never nagged him. Never!

This night I had the oysters rockefeller

546_zpse511d5dc.jpg

And the Andrew had the mushroom soup. The mushroom soup was so rich and sinful. It could have been a meal all by itself.

For the entree, I knew that I wanted to try the cinnamon pumpkin, squash, yam and cheddar cheese pie per CC suggestions and wow! I am so glad I tried it. It was superb!

547_zpsfad0a701.jpg

We arent sure but we think the ungroom had the snapper.

I had enough room to try a dessert but the ungroom needed to visit the lido deck so I sent him on his way and I enjoyed the conversation with the lovely couple we met and I ordered the chocolate, raspberry and vanilla cream cake. I was not a big fan of it but really am not a cake sort of person. I really enjoyed the sorbet and took some of the vanilla cream and ate it with the sorbet. THAT was pretty good.

549_zpsffc6298b.jpg

I went up to lido and found this guy

550_zps97b9144e.jpg

Who was talking with these fine folks. ArtWench and her husband. I knew when I met them that they were our kind of people. I actually knew this from roll call. I am a pretty good judge of character too so take my word for it.

551_zpse78cb964.jpg

Someone ordered me a Miami Vice and there was nothin left to do but smile, smile, smile.

552_zpsa477c759.jpg

Turn down service this night was the elephant. Our steward was seriously on top of things. He seemed perfectly syncronized with our comings and goings and was very meticulous. Even the sand that I left (sorry) all over the floor was vacuumed up and even our empty beer buckets were filled with ice with our opened beers/energy drink or whatever still in there. Ryan is a superstar!

554_zps2a1831b5.jpg

NASSAU

The sounds of hydraulics and thrusters began our early morning arrival in Nassau and Mr. Rise and Shine was up and ready to roll. He left me happily snoozing in our cabin and got some amazing shots as we pulled in to port.

555_zpsfa2afe27.jpg

Junkanoo

558_zpsbae8c178.jpg

560_zpsfbea794f.jpg

Atlantis

561_zps5bb0b943.jpg

Love this place

562_zps0c417471.jpg

I could totally wake up every morning here

563_zpsbd3534b9.jpg

Pilot boat doing pilot boat things

568_zps6ebc28b2.jpg

Now, word had been circulating that Nacar legend David Pearson was onboard and one day Andrew had introduced himself but had forgotten to bring the camera. Each morning he was usually on lido deck enjoying breakfast but when the camera was remembered, Mr. Pearson was not there. But this lovely morning, as we pulled into Nassau, he got his picture. He did so discreetly so as to not call attention to the fact that he was there.

Someone looks happy!

569_zpsdb76842b.jpg

We heard later that he did show up to NASCAR trivia and that one of the answers was HIM! LOL

We were in no big hurry to get off the ship because we planned for a leisurely day on the beach at Junkanoo, a stroll to Arawak Cay and meeting up with the FG's at Senor Frogs.

Seagulls aka The Rats of the Sky. They are looking for my plate of bacon

570_zpsa2d8e4f6.jpg

Today is a bloody mary type of morning

571_zps668241ad.jpg

for both of us

573_zpsebc20716.jpg

Let's go to the MDR for breakfast m'kay? OKAY! We were seated at a table for two. I had to remind someone not to "pinch" the butter lid that looks so much like a bell

574_zps1a7235ba.jpg

The Andrew ordered a tomato juice and made his own bloody mary for breakfast. (shhhhh!!!)

577_zps1400ad85.jpg

Veggie omlet and some country ham for him

578_zps4904cb73.jpg

Ham and cheese omlet, some hash and potato rounds for meeeee

579_zpsa4de606c.jpg

It was really quiet in the MDR this morning. Nobody around.

580_zpsb1eb5e27.jpg

The bloody mary cart. *YOINK*. The brand was Monin. Well good monin to you too!

581_zps4f926f60.jpg

On they way out, the Andrew got aquainted with a Christmas tree.

583_zps3c80d616.jpg

And sat on King Tut's(?) lap to tell him what he wants for Christmas

584_zpscd74034a.jpg

Here is a little tidbit for you regarding bathrooms. You know on sea days how the bathrooms on lido get a little worse for wear and tear? I mean, you know the staff tries to keep up with keeping them clean but some folks were born in a barn and since there are only two stalls in there, it's always good to know about back up bathrooms. There are two extras that are easily accesible to lido. One is on the photography display level as you turn the corner to the Universe Lounge side entrance and the other one is next to the Galleria.

See it? It is always clean and multiple stalls. Hardly anyone is ever in here.

586_zpsb07d4b9a.jpg

There is one for the men too on the opposite side.

587_zps860da1df.jpg

the Andrew calls it the Executive bathrooms. They even have push buttons for wheelchair access.

588_zps1f05cffd.jpg

Here we find G-money (another favorite server) and Special Ed, one of Andrew's new friends

589_zps9517bb79.jpg

Can we go to Nassau yet?

Almost ready to go explore Nassau. Here is lido deck around 9-ish

590_zps2c234fc5.jpg

On our way down there was a guy handing out water bottles from what Andrew called his big ice-hole. SMH!

591_zpsa4cd3bf7.jpg

Finally, we are outside and apparently we are berthed all the way at the end, the farthest slip from Festival Centre

Right above his head is our cabin

592_zps11ffeb6e.jpg

Even though this is the oldest and smallest class of ship, it still gets me when you stand just beside the ship, what a MONSTER it is

594_zps6790f9af.jpg

Let's go exploring

596_zps86415e62.jpg

We were in port with the Carnival Magic

597_zpscf415c39.jpg

And the Norweigan Jewel

599_zpsf6caf7a1.jpg

There was another ship that came in a little later but now I cant remember. Imagine that!

We wandered through Festival Centre which was decorated for the holidays

601_zps33f17415.jpg

And encountered what looked like a bride. The Andrew wanted a picture with her. She said that was fine but "DONT touch me". Ha! She must have heard about the Andrew!

602_zpsed6c6039.jpg

Pretty tree!

604_zps24257589.jpg

We have heard good things about this place but havent been there yet. Oh, well. Next time.

606_zpsf4ae4029.jpg

street art

607_zps8b6cff6d.jpg

I will take a moment to give my opinions on Nassau before we commence. We LOVE Nassau. I have read on the boards how people just dont even get off the ship when they dock at Nassau and how they have done all there is to do in Nassau. And that's cool. That's those people's opinions and I totally respect that and that's what makes this wonderful world go around is the different strokes for different folks aspect. But my thoughts are just this....I was born and raised in Charleston and I know I have not done half of the things there are to do in my own hometown. So, that leads me to believe that as many times that we have travelled and will travel to Nassau in the future....we have/will always find something new to do. I cant wait until we go again. That's just us though. YMMV.

Some folks have said they have a problem with the vendors being pushy. Understand, that this is how some locals make their living. When cruise patrons come into port naturally they really are anxious to make some money. We have found that a kind "no thank you" as you continue walking if they are offering a service that you do not require, goes a long way.

Before we sailed, hurricane Sandy had come through and we heard that the deck at Senor Frogs had been washed away. They had it already rebuilt and functional when we went but you could tell the new construction just by looking at it.

608_zps363c11a4.jpg

These birds were having a disagreement of sorts

609_zpse47959dd.jpg

We continued walking headed toward Junkanoo

610_zpsef30442c.jpg

As we were walking, a local vendor was on her way to Junkanoo to sell her wares and spoke with us along the way about her family and asked us about ours. I know I know, she probably wasnt really and truly interested and just wanted to sell us her necklaces, but you know what? I liked her style. I liked that she wasnt pushy and in the end we purchased two hematite necklaces from her as our souveniers for ourselves. 2 necklaces for $20.00. Mine was a pink version of a blue one that I had and lost in the house fire so it made it even more special.

We stopped off here

617_zps8cb7d9fa.jpg

and got a beer

612_zps5267acee.jpg

Oh look! They have a special energy drink!

614_zpsfdb9d52b.jpg

And this kid came up and climbed the pole!

616_zpsea3f7ac6.jpg

Junkanoo was beautiful

618_zps7c07c4ac.jpg

My favorite lighthouse. It looked like it could use some paint though.

619_zpsaca043e7.jpg

WeEEEEeeeeEEE

620_zps7d28a514.jpg

Around 11am we decided to start walking to Arawak Cay. We had heard that the dining experience is based on Island Time and to allow for a couple of hours for service so we figured if we headed there early, we would be hungry by the time lunch would be served. We sorta like each other so even if service took more than a couple of hours, we could entertain each other.

Walk along the way

622_zps0d371fac.jpg

It really wasnt a bad walk. We passed this old tourist couple sitting on a bench and as we passed the female said "this is the end of civilization right here" and I laughed at first because that is what I do when I dont "get the joke". It took me a minute but basically what she was saying was that it was sketchy further down and outside of the normal touristy area. Pfft! Whatever. A guy did approach that had a restaurant at Arawak and talked us silly for a bit but he was trying to drum up business for his place. I get it. Just mildly annoying.

Along the way we turned around and saw Smokey4U behind us and asked them if they wanted to join us for lunchy.

624_zps140c5270.jpg

We had already decided that we wanted to go to Twin Brothers so we proceeded forward in search of it.

630_zpsbdf40e80.jpg

There it is!

631_zpsb70961ff.jpg

We were seated right away inside and given menus and had our drinks in no time flat

Here is some of the menu

633_zps192379e0.jpg

634_zpsf0fe5826.jpg

635_zps3492219c.jpg

And our gracious server

637_zps508f56c4.jpg

We were given this delicious bread (fruity and nutty with real butter) while we waited for our food to come out

639_zps93fe0cff.jpg

In about 30 minutes from the time we walked in and sat down, our food arrived. Now, I dont know if that's a fluke, or if we arrived at just the right time or what but to me, that was pretty amazing for service in a fresh seafood restaurant.

Smokey4U and his girlie got the lunch cracked conch which came with your choice of side. They choose the fries.

640_zpsb3415c42.jpg

And the Andrew and I split a dinner cracked conch which came with two sides and we chose the rice and the cole slaw

641_zps5aef21a7.jpg

The food was so unbeliveably tasty and fresh. The cole slaw was perfectly shredded and seasoned and the rice was just a tad spicy. I am so glad we made the trip to Twin Brothers and I wish I had some cracked conch right now.

We took this funny picture

642_zpsa42918f0.jpg

As we left Twin Brothers we saw Sheila and her crew outside and then we went in search of a #10 jitney to take on a little tour on our way back to Junkanoo. We flagged one down and hopped onboard. We had no idea where we were going but knew that we would eventually end up back near junkanoo.

Along the way

644_zpsfc882ff0.jpg

Near the beginning of our ride, our driver got hungry and stopped off at KFC for some lunch and left the jitney running. Wow! That's trusting.

645_zps8caba7da.jpg

Edited by All4fun&fun4all
wrong pic