Our Fantastical Journey: Carnival Fantasy Review & PICS/December 8th, 2012 sailing

All4fun&fun4all

While he ran inside....guess who wanted to play driver

647_zps888ccd4f.jpg

While on the jitney keep in mind it is public transportation. You stop at bus stops but he will pick up anyone along the route that needs a lift. Just stick your hand out and flag him down.

649_zps544573ff.jpg

Our driver was awesome. He let the Andrew sit in the passenger seat and told us to move forward and as he drove, he told us about various points of interest along the way.

Penguin moved up too

653_zps3f228755.jpg

Points of interest

654_zps737b2905.jpg

655_zps9c63b042.jpg

Hotel being built

656_zps80958a19.jpg

As you can tell, I am not really good at taking pics of things while traveling in a jitney. You get it, I am sure. Basically we got a tour of Nassau, within the #10 jitney bus route.

Here is the price list. Our cost was $1.25 but we gave him $5.00 and told him to keep it.

650_zps9edda7b1.jpg

Our intention was to go to Junkanoo Beach and frolic in the water but we were dropped off closer to Senor Frogs so we decided to go there instead. We had already had two beach days in a row and missing it that day wasnt hurtful.

On the way to Senor Frogs we saw this worker. What are the chances he actually makes it back to work?

659_zps2c3a1f85.jpg

street art

660_zps8d877cba.jpg

**** slap

662_zps7997a807.jpg

Here is the exact step where the Andrew broke his pinky toe in March

663_zps90cd8059.jpg

Once inside, it appears the fun is already in full swing as we pass by a conga line and this crazy balloon hat!

664_zpse623d82e.jpg

The tables here are really funny with little sayings.

665_zps301f19ad.jpg

We chose a table on the deck area so we could keep an eye on the ships and we were in the back corner so we could see people as they came in and were able to see the stage. I ordered something that had 151 in it (forgot the name and seeing the menu isnt helping).

668_zps25578104.jpg

I went to the gift shop and picked up a shot glass for our collection. When I returned my drink and the Andrew's bucket o beer was waiting for me.

672_zps55849244.jpg

The cool thing is that in the morning, before we left the ship, I had filled my pink water bottle with the guava, passionfruit OJ and it was the same color as the drink I ordered. So, as we went along, I used my mini rum runner that I reverse smuggled off the ship and mixed it with the juice as we sat there.

Then the balloon guy came around. I really wanted a balloon hat but I am TERRIFIED of balloons. Yes, you read that right. I am TERRIFIED of them.

673_zpsf4e55bb6.jpg

HA! Look at the terror on my face

675_zpsee2db7a1.jpg

But in the end, I got a pretty unique hat

678_zpseb5a88e3.jpg

And then, some Fantasy Girls started to show up

680_zpsd5e91975.jpg

And ToriB wanted a balloon hat too! I pointed her in the direction of the balloon hat guy and he came over to make her a hat too!

As he was in the process of making ToriB's hat, he snipped off a bit of green balloon which hit the Andrew in his face. Without a beat, he picked up the balloon, took out a straw and inflated it...then stuck it in his pants.

683_zpsf231b045.jpg

And ToriB ended up with a penguin hat

685_zps532b908b.jpg

And so did Spress0mom. BTW, that view is not a picture behind them. It is the actual view!! Pretty!

687_zpsc5669fb1.jpg

We gave the balloon guy a tip for his services and putting up with me being a wuss.

Fantasy Girl table

697_zps8ab235b1.jpg

About this time is when Smokey4U got a shot of tequila, snorted some salt, did the shot and squirted lime in his eye. OW!!!!!

695_zpse268b532.jpg

And the Andrew did this

694_zps631dd427.jpg

It is a rare thing indeed to do something that makes his jaw drop

Then things started getting weird which is what typically happens when you go to Senor Frogs

Nekkid Nancy started doing shots

700_zps0a74d7b3.jpg

And passed out

701_zpsdde204e6.jpg

An elf started wrestling my penguin

703_zps93e1c7cc.jpg

Chicken passed out on the floor under the table

704_zps66af6edc.jpg

Then the Andrew and Anjanu started fighting with forks

708_zps9ef1aeb2.jpg

ToriB's penguin picked up drinking

710_zpsd1c371b8.jpg

Penguin helped chicken

711_zpsb36fa20b.jpg

And then we found some poles but they were on wheels and I didnt want to bust my rear.

715_zpsdf1ee883.jpg

You know what? We should probably get back to the ship. It's getting late. Guess who we ran into on the way out?

"those" guys!

718_zpse3de386b.jpg

Frog gave me a little smack to point us back to the ship

720_zps28f419c7.jpg

And then we took our pic with the crazy fun bunch

725_zps89bbe8d2.jpg

Time to go!

728_zps5b8a559a.jpg

It's really hard to be artsy and walk after a couple hours at the Frog

730_zps5538dc32.jpg

We made it back to customs. Now I can start to relax

731_zpsd9a78e10.jpg

And we stumbled back to our ship. Wait, this isnt our ship. Oops, keep walkin

739_zpsd1b207c9.jpg

This seemed hysterical at the time.

736_zpsefceb234.jpg

Almost there

744_zps9e355e41.jpg

Edited by All4fun&fun4all

We headed back to our cabin to unload our...everything, because we wanted to head back up for sailaway and see if there were any runners.

I am a lover of signs. I really love signs that look like they have many meanings. We loved this one and no matter how many times we passed it, we would say the same thing...

Push For Fire (NO!!! Dont push for fire!!!)

746_zpsc86f64ca.jpg

And this one that looks like a little man running into a wall

748_zpsf2542970.jpg

We made it back to LIDO in time to look down and see some guys pulling one side of the gangplank in...and waiting. OH there might be some runners!!!!

These folks showed up

755_zps019acd5c.jpg

and then these 3 girls who were all dressed alike. After they boarded, they pulled the gangplank and away we went. I wonder if they knew how close they cut it?

758_zps26db3b9d.jpg

760_zps1f60e3bb.jpg

762_zps752aefbd.jpg

I cant remember if this is alligirl's kid or Artwench's kid but either way, he was pecking at the Andrew with his Senor Frog hat.

Peck, peck, peck

763_zpsfeaa61e1.jpg

Buh bye Nassau

764_zpsb5d5da96.jpg

I went to the outer decks to get some pics of sailaway

766_zps8835a5e9.jpg

We backed up, turned around and headed out to sea

767_zpsafd0ca64.jpg

Atlantis again

768_zps1687258c.jpg

My lighthouse again

769_zpsd9d63093.jpg

And gone

790_zpsb1b7af6c.jpg

794_zps7082b13a.jpg

Dont feed the rats of the air

795_zpse0047ef0.jpg

Now I really dont know what sort of jokester puts an Elegant Night after a day at Senor Frogs but there have to be some candid cameras set up somewhere. Either way, we went to dinner because we realized that was our last port and our time onboard was drawing to a close.

Fancy pants

798_zpsed6b739a.jpg

Fancy Nancy

800_zpse57c930f.jpg

In case you were wondering, we had a basket of rolls every night

801_zpsb1d68279.jpg

For dinner I had:

Cream of broccoli soup (always a winner)

803_zps15baad5b.jpg

and the seafood platter (yum! Hadnt seen this one on reviews)

805_zps213084cd.jpg

He had the baked eggplant with mozzarella cheese

804_zpsa4c3836a.jpg

And the green bean and roma tomatoes

807_zps7ad57a4c.jpg

Then I ordered the chateaubriand (to DIE for)

808_zps85ef86a6.jpg

And he got the spanakopita and stuffed bell peppers

809_zps3bfd81bf.jpg

Hooray for trying new things!!!

We looked to our left

810_zps71eab4fc.jpg

No one there. We looked to our right...

811_zps3beaa6f9.jpg

Empty. Let's just say since we were the only one's in the section this night, our service was insanely fast. ZOOM to dinner and ZOOM out the door.

We supposed that there were a whole bunch of passed out people in their cabins.

We ran down to the cabin to get changed into comfy clothes

819_zpsd8a609a1.jpg

and then....where did we go guys??? Yep, back to LIDO!!!

After awhile of hanging out on lido and a few more drinks, I could feel the day catching up with me. The Andrew thought all I needed was some pizza.

So he got me this

821_zpscee39f54.jpg

And this

822_zpsce3cc2e1.jpg

Well, that didnt work. My eyes were closing and I needed sleep. Pronto. So off to the cabin to sleep and be ready for our last day at sea.

FINAL DAY AT SEA

We woke up with enough time to head down to the MDR for breakfast.

I seriously dont know now who had what, but someone had eggs benedict

824_zps8f5c7c35.jpg

and someone had eggs with cheese and some sausage, bacon and hash

825_zpsb7e96b14.jpg

The sea looked pretty calm but things were about to change. We were avoiding some sort of a "system" and while the captain did everything he could, we ended up with some interesting weather and wind and stuff.

Here is what it started out looking like

827_zpsbce94096.jpg

Obligatory funnel pic

828_zps68adc08e.jpg

I pictured the episode on the Simpsons where they took a cruise and one of the activities in their Fun Times was complaining when I took this picture. *giggle* No gripes here

829_zps6342a86b.jpg

This is funny to me too

830_zpsd89c922a.jpg

The wind was picking up and the slides were closed on the last sea day...all day

832_zpsd46559d9.jpg

This camera did not do these scenes of nature much justice. I never quite figured out the darn settings.

833_zps958777bc.jpg

From these pics you can tell the ship is beginning to rock and roll a bit

837_zpsa9f0e0c2.jpg

840_zpsb1fea504.jpg

Upper decks were closed off

843_zpsb8abd576.jpg

Chairs on lido were pretty vacant

844_zps58c63d5f.jpg

This day felt really strange to me. I dont know if the wind had me on edge or if I just held on to my hangover all day....or I was just sad that the cruise was coming to a close. Either way, I felt a bit "off" this day.

One thing I do want to mention is that there was always staff cleaning EVERYWHERE on the ship. All the nooks and crannies.

Take for example this guy who was scrubbing the blue overflow area alongside the edges of the ship.

842_zps67b8c6d0.jpg

VERY clean ship and I noticed no visable signs of wear and tear.

Lido

845_zps1fd4d9a4.jpg

Today, I noticed they were selling the Blowfish drinks. I wanted one but decided against it and to hold on to my remaining money in case we bought some pics. But my buddy Pink bought one for me. That Pink is such a nice guy!

Hey...that's MY fishie!

848_zps9cd5bc5a.jpg

Then things started getting really interesting

859_zps3867d545.jpg

And the pool started to lose it's water

855_zps1b5387b9.jpg

856_zpsf23f4bc0.jpg

I wanted to try lunch in the MDR one last time because I wanted to try the beer battered fish sammich. They didnt have it.

863_zps444a303a.jpg

He had this chilled fennel and celery soup

864_zps3f8e000a.jpg

I had calamari (very crispy)

865_zps17e83d83.jpg

He had this noodle dish

867_zps6eed2ece.jpg

And I had the philly cheese steak sammich. (mediocre. not even pic worthy)

We went back to....LIDO! And there were some more of the crew constantly cleaning. It wasnt an easy task because it was so windy we saw people walking with food and it blowing off their plates onto the floor. The chairs were knocking themselves over too

871_zps49f8a333.jpg

I did a bit of a walk around and noticed that they were stacking the loungers

Uh oh

882_zpse8d6e210.jpg

883_zpsf92a0675.jpg

The DJ showed up to put the Fun in Funky but I think everyone was just feeling funky in a bad way

884_zps7e515e1b.jpg

The sea was a brilliant green color

886_zpsf59505c3.jpg

And there was a brief downpour

887_zps97c6a5a2.jpg

And then, the most beautiful thing I have ever seen at sea! A rainbow which started and ended right next to the ship!!!

888_zpsd62ea3f8.jpg

My camera does not do it justice. It was so vibrantly colored

889_zps98c41df2.jpg

And while in line waiting for my cappucino I noticed these delicious goodies

900_zps9f54d576.jpg

And then we went back down to our cabin because we were going to do laundry. Yes, I said laundry. For a month or so prior to the cruise the Andrew would say things like "You know what we should do while we are on the cruise?" Me: "no, what?" Him: "laundry". Me: silence And then another time him: "I cant wait to do laundry on the ship". Me: silence And then, him: "It's going to be so cool to do laundry onboard" Me: "there is something really wrong with you."

I had already gone to Guest Services and inquired how much it would be to wash and dry a load. They said $3.00 to wash, $3.00 to dry and $1.00 for laundry soap. The machines take quarters so they loaded me up with $7.00 in quarters.

We went down to our cabin and grabbed the fold-up hamper that I always bring with us and loaded up a load of clothes to wash and dry. Woo hoo! LAUNDRY! Off we went to deck Empress deck forward to wash/dry a load of clothes.

905_zps500aad8c.jpg

There are signs when you get forward pointing you in the right direction.

906_zps7164b86c.jpg

Along the way, we ran into COJO and husband and discussed our debarkation plans which was a wise idea considering they still liked us and agreed to bring us all the way home!

907_zpseafb721d.jpg

Hey, we found it! You have to open the door and be mindful of the "lip" that you need to step up and over.

908_zpse69854be.jpg

The machine said that it cost $1.25 for soap but it took the $1.00 and gave us our soap

909_zps38c185e5.jpg

There were two irons in the laundrette which I barely looked at. No, I do not iron. Man, that room was shiny and silver!

911_zpsd17fe46a.jpg

There were 4 stackables in there. When you open the door to the washer at the bottom, there is a little spot for bleach to your left. Someone had not followed instructions and put detergent in there. The detergent goes on the clothes themselves. NOT in a slot. As you can see, there is also a table so that you can dump and fold your clothes when they are done.

912_zps4b650e3e.jpg

Front of stackable where you input your laundry desires

915_zps58172314.jpg

Mr. Happy to do laundry!

916_zpsfb8253ac.jpg

It took about 35 minutes to wash and 41 minutes to dry. We wandered around until time to take the laundry out. We had almost forgotten that they were going to "make it snow" in the atrium. We joked about how we would much rather they made it "rain" in the atrium. (I sure hope some of you get that reference)

Anyway, we went up to the top to look down on the folks in the atrium getting snowed on.

924_zps28be2147.jpg

Can you see the snow? nah, me either. But I promise you it was really cute. They played some Christmas tunes also.

921_zps8b496024.jpg

People!

925_zps44d3bc56.jpg

Then the Andrew went over to the snow operator guy and asked him to blast him with the snow machine. This picture did not turn out as well as I hoped it would

929_zps476a9862.jpg

Nah, still cant see the snow

930_zps12423ae1.jpg

We went out to LIDO to wait for the clothes to finish and I took another pic of the tree

932_zpsd4f125a5.jpg

And noticed how cool the sky was looking

934_zps1c73ce2a.jpg

Fun on LIDO!

935_zpsc9f2507c.jpg

We also ran into RogBus101 from our roll call....so here you have RogBus101 (who I liked to call rogue bus) and fromthebus. Any relation?

936_zps4706d1cf.jpg

Back to the laundry room

937_zps0af4634d.jpg

And as I unloaded the dryer the Andrew grabbed my camera because he found officers to take pics of.

938_zps73860ed6.jpg

they were Housekeeping Managers and the Andrew told them how wonderful Ryan and his helpers were in taking care of our cabin.

903_zpse44402a8.jpg

Time to fold the clothes man! We need to go get some dinner!

940_zps0b1d117b.jpg

About this time is when I started feeling a little funny. Not in a good way, and not a lot funny....but icky. I think I jinxed myself before we sailed when I bragged about how our first cruise was 30 foot seas and never had a problem feeling ill.

I think maybe I waited too late to put on the sea bands. But i still felt like eating dinner. I figured it would pass. Not to mention we hadnt really been drinking that much during the day so I may have tipped some weird balance there.

Thinking back now, I also wonder if it was the beginning of me getting sick with a cold/inner ear thing that I still have today. Grrr!

Either way, we were going to dinner darnit because it's the last night. I did a quick change and off we went not realizing something about the Andrew's attire.

OOPS! And yes, the hostess did mention them...only in passing and didnt turn us away. It was the last night after all and I know they had been turning people away for attire during the week. I guess tonight she didnt care that much.

946_zps3490dbdb.jpg