what wear to dinner

Racgeral

Sorry for my english!

I need to know what wear or not to wear to dinner at restaurants.

What is prohibited?

I think we will eat (me, wife and daughter) at Garden Cafe, La Cucina, Manhattan and O'sheehan's .

Thanks

Rogério

Sorry for my english!

What is prohibited?

I think we will eat (me, wife and daughter) at Garden Cafe, La Cucina, Manhattan and O'sheehan's .

You are also more than welcome to dress up at anytime for any of the restaurants.

Thanks

Rogério

Pretty much what ever you like. (Resort casual what ever this is)

No bathing suits in any of the restaurants.

Manhattan is the more formal MDR. I have seen men in shorts and blue jeans turned away.

La Cucina, don't know, however I'd say, no shorts, no jeans, and you'll be ok.

Garden Cafe and O'Sheehan's no bathing suits. (Shorts, jeans, what ever you like)

Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip. :)

I appreciate your help, guys.

I understand.

Thank you

I take one pair of Dockers or Khakis (something like that), a shirt with a collar on it, a pair of regular type shoes. Those items fully meet dress requirements for the larger MDR and Le Bistro restaurant (evening dining). The other dining rooms or buffet don't even require that. And of course you can dress more formally if you wish. You will not feel out of place if you do so.

Manhattan Room was dressier (not formal but we felt more comfortable in dress pants/tops there), Taste was slightly more casual, and of course the Garden Cafe was very casual (no swimsuits). We only went to Le Bistro for the optional restaurants but felt very comfortable wearing Manhattan Room level attire.

Sorry for my english!

What is prohibited?

Thanks

Rogério

Rogério, your English is just fine! Enjoy your cruise!!:D

Pretty much what ever you like. (Resort casual what ever this is)

No bathing suits in any of the restaurants.

Manhattan is the more formal MDR. I have seen men in shorts and blue jeans turned away.

La Cucina, don't know, however I'd say, no shorts, no jeans, and you'll be ok.

Garden Cafe and O'Sheehan's no bathing suits. (Shorts, jeans, what ever you like)

Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip. :)

Jeans are allowed in all restaurants, including Le Bistro and the Manhattan Room. Maybe if they are exceptionally torn or inappropriate they wouldn't, but otherwise are fine. Shorts are not allowed in Le Bistro or the Manhattan Room.

Sorry for my english!

What is prohibited?

Thanks

Rogério

What Should I Pack?

When it comes to what to wear, you can go resort casual or get decked-out and look your best - it’s your call. That’s the freedom of Freestyle Cruising. We even have special “Dress-Up or Not Night.” It’s the perfect opportunity to get your portrait taken with your family, that special someone or even with the ship’s Captain.

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required. Cruise casual is also allowed day and night on embarkation day.

Wear smart casual if you are eating dinner in the aft main dining room (our more formal dining room) and in Le Bistro on cruises longer than five days. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it’s jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Traditional Bermuda shorts along with long socks, loafers and a blazer are all acceptable on a Bermuda cruise.

We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. You may want to pack a sweater too—air conditioning can be chilly.

Since your suitcases are collected the night before we return home, don’t forget an overnight bag for prescriptions and need-to-have items.

It's pretty outrageous that there are different rules for men and women.

What Should I Pack?

For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it’s jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Traditional Bermuda shorts along with long socks, loafers and a blazer are all acceptable on a Bermuda cruise.

We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants.

Your English is fine, Rogerio! :) are you by any chance Brazilian or Portuguese? :)

Thank you people about my english. But it's not fine :(. I'm allways choosing the words :D

I'm brazilian. That's one reason to the question about how to wear. Is a long travel (trip) to Miami. I don't like so many bags.

Another reason is: I'm a casual person.

But all of you help me a lot.

Thanks

Archived