Trans 'Lant - WITH Vehicle

Anyone know of a trans-lant that does RORO (Roll on-Roll off) for vehicles? We read a book calle "Take your RV to Europe" and we investigating. We have a daughter lives in Germany, so are VERY familiar with European roads, vehicle sizes and such. More looking at the TRANSPORTATION angle at this point. Anyone?????????

• 10 months later...
Anyone know of a trans-lant that does RORO (Roll on-Roll off) for vehicles? We read a book calle "Take your RV to Europe" and we investigating. We have a daughter lives in Germany, so are VERY familiar with European roads, vehicle sizes and such. More looking at the TRANSPORTATION angle at this point. Anyone?????????

This service is popular around the Mediterranean, and allows those interested in RV travel to avoid trouble spots. It has been attempted without success between the United States and Central America. At present I know of no company that offers this service between the U.S. and Europe. It may be possible to containerize an RV and have it shipped with you, but as the previous poster said, it would be a lot cheaper to simply rent an RV when in Europe.

• 3 weeks later...
This service is popular around the Mediterranean, and allows those interested in RV travel to avoid trouble spots. It has been attempted without success between the United States and Central America. At present I know of no company that offers this service between the U.S. and Europe. It may be possible to containerize an RV and have it shipped with you, but as the previous poster said, it would be a lot cheaper to simply rent an RV when in Europe.

Many lines operate RO/RO service between the US and Europe. Wallenius, K Line, Atlantic Container Line are a few. Most of these will transport POV's (privately owned vehicles). I know that the cost is about $800 each way for a standard car, I don't know what an RV would be, but at least twice that. As said, any of the container lines will carry a vehicle in a container (if it fits). None of these options include you travelling with the RV, though.

Google RO/RO service or container service in North Atlantic service to find lines to contact. I would say that the cost of transporting an RV (how big is it?), the cost of fuel at European prices for a behemoth, and also equipping the vehicle for European roads (yellow headlights for France, for example) would make it cheaper to rent one over there.