Norfolk

lt

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No photos, but can give a little bit of information. The cruise terminal is located in the new Nauticus Maritime Museum building. It is located on the waterfront at Downtown Norfolk. Nearby are the Mariott and the Sheraton. Mariott is wonderful. There is a mall close by (walking distance), McArthur center. Beautiful, about 5 years old. Upscale, Nordstroms, Dillards, a good italian restaurant, Castaldis. Bright and shiny inside.

The actual pier is adjacent to the Waterside Mall. A neat 2-story building filled with gourmet/custom shops and good places to eat like Joe's crab shack and Outback steak house. Also has a piano bar and Jillians (an upscale arcade). In walking distance is quaint downtown, a lot of antique shops, bistros, nice restaurants. The walking area around the pier is really nice and Nauticus itself is a treat.

• 2 weeks later...
d lo - can you tell me if the sheraton or the marriott have park & ride service or do you have to park at the port?

Thanks [url="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001"][img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/25/25_4_46.gif[/img][/url]

Getaway101, I stayed at the Sheraton. Although they did not offer me a park-and-ride deal, they did say that we could keep our car in their lot (at $10 or $11/day) and they would take us to the port (which was only a few blocks away) in their van. They couldn't guarantee they would pick us up afterwards (but we could have taken a taxi.) We ended up using the pier parking (which was further away and a hassle with the shuttle buses and so many people. Almost the same price, though). If I were you, I'd park at one of the hotel parking lots on your own, then either catch a taxi or walk, if able.

Archived