Where is best snorkeling.....Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan or Belize?

luv2gonow

Roatan we normally go to Upchaya (sp?) it is always a great day, never seen a lot of surf. Lot of good sealife to be seen. Last time we were the only people on the boat, talk about one on one with the boat captain,

Could you add some info? How did you arrange the tour? Who did you use? Sounds great.

In Cozumel, we love Chankanaab National Park. (The Money Bar is a good place too).

In Roatan, check out Maya Key or West Bay.

I have reviews listed in my signature line if you would like to see these places along with tons of pictures to show you the snorkeling they have there. :)

• 5 months later...
What do you want to see? Coral? Fish? Shark?

I think the best snorkeling is Roatan, hands down.

I thought the Shark Ray Alley tour in Belize was just ok. They do have some huge brain coral and nice fish, but it was not great, and I felt so rushed. The sharks were just some nurse sharks swarming around the bait they fed them.

Cozumel has really good snorkeling if you want to see a variety of fish. It is good snorkeling. You can snorkel off the shore in Chankanaab or I think SUnset beach, or take a tour out to the reef.

Roatan has lots of fish and coral. You can swim right out off of the beach, or take a boat out further. Either way there is so much to see. Each time I go I am in awe. I snorkel at my leisure and I see more variety of fish, crabs, eels, variety of coral, etc. in Roatan than in Cozumel and Belize combined. Snorkeling in Roatan should be on everyone's bucket list. :D

Roatan is definitely on my Bucket List. Where do you recommend we stay? Also where should we go snorkeling? I am sure some places are better than others.

Thank you.

Lydia