Visa Sri Lanka

wangeling gal

Trying to apply for a visa to Sri Lanka online and having all sorts of problems.:mad: I have read on notice boards that you can get a visa on the Azamara when you get to Colombo.Is this correct? Is this only for when you are doing a ships tour or can you get one if you are doing your own thing? Some guidance would be greatly appreciated please. Just trying to be organised!!!!:confused: Not able to get through to Azamara office in Sydney............again

Trying to apply for a visa to Sri Lanka online and having all sorts of problems.:mad: I have read on notice boards that you can get a visa on the Azamara when you get to Colombo.Is this correct? Is this only for when you are doing a ships tour or can you get one if you are doing your own thing? Some guidance would be greatly appreciated please. Just trying to be organised!!!!:confused: Not able to get through to Azamara office in Sydney............again

Assuming that you are arriving and leaving Sri Lanka via the ship, then Azamara sort the visa out and there is nothing for you to do. It doesn't matter whether or not you are on a ship's tour.

I am not sure that Azamara can sort this out on board ship. My understanding, at least for British Nationals, is that as from 1st January 2012 it became mandatory to obtain a visa through the ETA system on line and pay for it then. Prior to this British Nationals received a 30 day visit visa, free of charge, on arrival. Perhaps it would be wise to contact the embassy?

I am not sure that Azamara can sort this out on board ship. My understanding, at least for British Nationals, is that as from 1st January 2012 it became mandatory to obtain a visa through the ETA system on line and pay for it then. Prior to this British Nationals received a 30 day visit visa, free of charge, on arrival. Perhaps it would be wise to contact the embassy?

I am also from the UK and I checked with Azamara [uK] back in November about the requirement for a visa in Sri Lanka. They have confirmed that a 48 hr tourist transit visa is sufficient and that it will be obtained on board. The 48hr tourist transit visa is free of charge. Just hope that they are correct.:)

It will not cost you anything to get the transit visa yourself, I think I would get my own ahead of the cruise as its an ETA so online just as when going into the USA

This is the information from the Sri Lankan High Commission website

Transit visa

Transit visa up to 48 hours currently issued free of charge only at www.eta.gov.lk (travelers must have ETA reference number)

If there is any inquiry regarding ETA pleases contact:

Hotline: 0094 71 9967888

fax: 0094 11 2674631

email: eta@immigration.gov.lk

Hello Wangeling Gal -

I hope that you're keeping cool during your weather anomaly!

Here is the information from our Call Center about the Sri Lanka visa:

All nationalities (except those from Singapore and the Maldives) require an electronic visa (ETA) to enter Sri Lanka which will be obtained onboard the ship. For stays less than 48 hours, there is no charge for the ETA. Any guests planning to disembark and remain in Sri Lanka for more than 48 hours would need to apply for the ETA online in advance.

I also passed on to the Sydney office the difficulty you've experienced in reaching them.

I hope this information is helpful to you and other readers.

Enjoy your forthcoming Azamara vacation!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

G'day Mr Leiber

Sincere thanks to you (and the others) for answering my question. This does help me with my organisation. Colombo is one port I don't want to miss.

Yes it has been warm here in Western Australia, but we haven't suffered from the terrible bushfires that those in the east have been. Firefighters,

both professional and volunteer have been doing an amazing job, in horrendous circumstances. We here in the west are now watching a cyclone up north but so far there is no indication wether it will hit land or fizz off out to sea.

I will certainly do my upmost to enjoy our 1st Azamara (any) cruise. Everything I have read and heard leads me to anticipate a cruise and holiday of a lifetime. A great way to celebrate 25 years of marriage!!!!!

best wishes

Deb

Wangeling gal

Archived