MDR: Dress Code

tem0627

Aside from the elegant night, what do guests generally wear the other nights in the MDR? We were planning on business casual - slacks/button down/polo and dresses the other nights. Will we be over/under dressed, or just right?

Aside from the elegant night, what do guests generally wear the other nights in the MDR? We were planning on business casual - slacks/button down/polo and dresses the other nights. Will we be over/under dressed, or just right?

Business casual was what I wore and I didn't feel out of place.

On our last cruise we actually saw a man being turned away from the dining room on formal night! He had on a t-shirt, shorts and a baseball cap. The wife was also in shorts and they had a kid with them. Yep turned away! I have to say I was surprised to see this but happy to see it also. I can appreciate it that some folks don't want to dress up (even long pants and a polo shirt which would have been fine that night) but eat somewhere else if you want to wear your shorts on formal night.

Great idea Sparks. Our daughter wants to dress up in one of her Disney Princess dresses; so that would make for some sweet formal pics! =)

Fair warning- CCL's photographers will take lots of poses in front of as many backdrops as you like. It makes it hard to only pick one or two:o.

Will we be appropriately dressed if I wear a church dress and my hubby a suit? I just hate the thought of buying a cocktail dress since I would never wear it again. Of course my daughter will be dressed in her adorable little dresses!

Also I was thinking of bringing another dress and a pair of capris and a top and re-wear them again? Is this "cruise" acceptable? i have a tendency to over pack, so I wanted to be good and pack as light as possible! 😊

Strange but true:

The food tastes exactly the same regardless of what anyone else in the dining room is wearing. :rolleyes:

I'll have to politely disagree (if you can imagine that from me).

I've seen some that have made me ill.

It involved spandex...

Archived