MDR: Dress Code

tem0627

From Carnival FAQ:

What to wear?

Casual attire is the order of the day. We suggest shorts, sundresses, tank tops, etc. for the ladies, and for men; shorts, polo shirts, T-shirts, etc. will do. We suggest you wear rubber-soled, low heeled or flat shoes for extra traction while onboard. The use of any footwear with wheels, including but not limited, to Heelys© shoes, is prohibited on board our ships. For dining you may want to dress up a bit and/or bring along a light sports jacket or cardigan.

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Aside from the elegant night, what do guests generally wear the other nights in the MDR? We were planning on business casual - slacks/button down/polo and dresses the other nights. Will we be over/under dressed, or just right?

I wear capris/sundresses. DH and DS(18) wear either jeans or cargo shorts with a polo or button down. DD(16) wears skirts/dresses.

From Carnival FAQ:

What to wear?

Casual attire is the order of the day. We suggest shorts, sundresses, tank tops, etc. for the ladies, and for men; shorts, polo shirts, T-shirts, etc. will do. We suggest you wear rubber-soled, low heeled or flat shoes for extra traction while onboard. The use of any footwear with wheels, including but not limited, to Heelys© shoes, is prohibited on board our ships. For dining you may want to dress up a bit and/or bring along a light sports jacket or cardigan.

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

So.... are shorts okay or not okay on Casual nights? It sounds like many people here are wearing shorts in the MDR on non-Formal nights!

What about irons? Just saw we are not allowed to bring them on board. Are there some available in each cabin or floor?

Yes - but always check the bottom first just in case previous person burnt something. I take a damp face cloth and just give the bottom a quick wipe while it warm just to make sure.

What about irons? Just saw we are not allowed to bring them on board. Are there some available in each cabin or floor?

there are laundry rooms with irons on almost every floor that has cabins.

Just don't wait til the last minute on elegant night or you might have a long wait.:)

Bill

Awesome SS Oceanlover!! Appreciate it! =)

You're welcome.:)

here is the current dress code for casual nights:

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

I wear dockers khaki shorts or cargo shorts and a polo or a Caribbean shirt.

Bill

HAHA LukeDuke - that's awesome...

On formal night, should my hubs bring his suit jacket, or just a tie?

I'm thinking at least pants and a shirt, if people are taking issue with shorts and ballcaps. Imagine their surprise if your hubs just wears a tie ;) :D

• 3 weeks later...
i wear shorts and a polo.:)

Bill

Hoping this is acceptable for regular dinning nights, I'm on vaca and just want to relax.....

Nice polo, shorts and nice sandals

Dress shorts would be the better choice i guess.....

I know from reading thru all of the wonderful posts that there is a specific dress code for dinner (both casual and formal), but what is the MDR dress code for breakfast ? Would a t-shirt and khaki shorts be acceptable ? We're taking our first cruise on the Paradise in 2 weeks, so we're still cruise virgins .....

Thanks in advance ... :D

Jeff

I know from reading thru all of the wonderful posts that there is a specific dress code for dinner (both casual and formal), but what is the MDR dress code for breakfast ? Would a t-shirt and khaki shorts be acceptable ? We're taking our first cruise on the Paradise in 2 weeks, so we're still cruise virgins .....

Thanks in advance ... :D

Jeff

Yes. t-shirt and shorts are ok for breakfast and lunch. Have fun!

• 1 month later...

I am a platinum cruiser. Been on over 20 cruises. We hate dressing up but our favorite part of the cruise is the MDR with the family. My first cruise I did the tie and jacket thing. Hated it. All the rest of my cruises I wear nice shorts, nice flip flops and a nice T shirt. I am never the most underdressed person. I am usually right in the middle. For formal night I wear a nice pair of jeans, nice sneakers and a polo shirt. I have won a nice T Shirt too but normally do the Polo Shirt. That night I am usually at the bottom end. I have seen people in khaki shorts. But I am on vacation and I want to be comfortable.

Guilty. Back in the day everyone looked sharp in their dress whites. I looked like Pigpen:(.

Sounds like my Middie daughter.:D

We dress up for elegant night (well, we did on the one CCL cruise we did, and always did on DCL), and other nights the males where khakis, button down shirts or polos, the females skirt and tops or casual dresses. Except for our youngest dd who wears the fanciest dresses she has, including her knock off Disney princess dresses.

Archived