12 women In Cozumel for the day, what do we do?

cruisinval

If you want to make it a day at the beach try Mr Sanchos it's free to get in and it's clean and safe you can do all inclusive or pay as you go. and maybe a little downtown shopping the prices are better there then most ports.

All inclusive means you pay about 50 dollars per person and you have unlimited food and drinks for the entire day. or just buy what you want at the menu price

The A.I. at Mr Sanchos also has a pool and is separate from th efree spaces, though you can venture to the free spaces.

If you want to see the island, especially the east side, and enjoy several stops along the way book the Cozumel Bar Hop tour. You don't HAVE to drink at every stop or even have any alcoholic beverages at all. You'll get beach time at several places, and the guides/leaders are a fun group.

Depending on which ship you are sailing on the Puerta Maya pier has very similar shops to downtown, with out the hawkers attacking you for "deals". That shopping area is open, no ship id required, and a very short walk from the International pier. Also a branch of Panchos Backyard, which has strong margaritas and reasonably good Mexican dishes--rellenos especially good. Much better than the 3 Amigos and junior Senor Frogs on these piers.

Of course, if you dock at Punta Langosta, downtown, brave the hawkers for shopping and visit the restaurant threads here for recommendations on good chow downtown that won't break your piggy bank or give you the gift of M. Revenge.

Got to Chankanaab National Park for the day......

there are replicas of the mayan ruins, restaurants, dolphin

encounter and shows, sea lion show, very good snorkeling

laying around on the beach..........PLENTY to do for

varied interests, take a taxi for about 4.00 pp entrance

to park is less than 20.00.

Thank you for the great replies! Awesome!! We are hoping to have options wherever we go, so that if some of us just want to chill on the beach all day we can, or others could do water sports, etc. Does anyone know if Mr Sanchos has all that?

Thank you for the great replies! Awesome!! We are hoping to have options wherever we go, so that if some of us just want to chill on the beach all day we can, or others could do water sports, etc. Does anyone know if Mr Sanchos has all that?

It has all that and more .. I have been to Mr Sanchos at least 4 or 5 times and never been disapointed

My suggestion is to watch for tour guides used by CC members or go on Cozumel Insider site; rent a van that will take all of you; tour of the island and be sure to go through the east side of the island. It is beautiful with dunes and sea. There is a restaurant there right at a beach that serves spectacular sea food (and non-sea food for others); you can do some beaching there if you like; the guide will take you to many spots, some ruins included and other spots not mentioned so far. We did this once and I would do it again! Have the guide stock your van with what you like to drink (or they will stop in a local big supermarket); you get it all. It beats any tourist place for food and Chankanaab Park (which I happen to like).

Happy Birthday and enjoy!

You might also want to check out Nachi Cochum. It is another All Inclusive. They have awesome food there and it's unlimited alchohol. We were there ein October and had a blast. There are also water sports available, beach massages, a pool and hot tub, beautiful beach, inflatable water toys (we rented a giant tub and had a blast climbing in and out of it and just sailing away HA HA), floating beach mats. We've been there twice and have not been disappointed.

Sometimes they have a discount if you book early. Just google it and you will directed to their website.

Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have to recommend the Cozumel Bar Hop!! With 12 women, you all would have a blast!! Have done the hop 3 times so far, twice with hubby and grown children and once with one of my BFF! Had so much fun each time. The different bars offer massages, pool, amazing views, awesome beaches, and the ride is not so bad either!! It is defiantly something to think about!

Archived