DIY Brides: Bouquets

Hello fellow cruise brides! I really really want a flower & brooch combo bouquet. I found a great youtube video on how to make one and it seems pretty easy. My problem is finding good quality (and a good selection) silk flowers for the bouquet. I glanced at Joann's the other day and the only ones I found that I liked were the calla lilies which I plan to use for my bridesmaids. Anyone been to Hobby Lobby? Or know of any great websites where I could buy some? Thanks! :)

Hello fellow cruise brides! I really really want a flower & brooch combo bouquet. I found a great youtube video on how to make one and it seems pretty easy. My problem is finding good quality (and a good selection) silk flowers for the bouquet. I glanced at Joann's the other day and the only ones I found that I liked were the calla lilies which I plan to use for my bridesmaids. Anyone been to Hobby Lobby? Or know of any great websites where I could buy some? Thanks! :)

I've been thinking of a silk bouquet as well, could you add the youtube link? I'm nervous about it though because I don't want them to look like cheap fake flowers, I think we've all seen those somewhere at some point. Michael's Arts and Crafts had a good variety when I was there the other day. I've also been looking around online. I have heard that latex flowers can also look nice, I had never heard of them before this. Here are a couple of websites I've found that look promising. I don't have any personal experience with them though. I was thinking I would order some samples so that I can see the quality before I have to walk down the aisle with them. Good luck!

http://www.russwholesaleflowers.com/single-stem-silk-flowers

http://www.silkflowersexpress.com/silkflower1.htm

Etsy also has some great faux flowers!

I bought mine from Afloral.com and the quality is really really nice. Their real touch flowers are sooooo natural looking and they even have a natural smell.

I'm currently at work and they have YouTube blocked :( so I can't copy and paste the link at the moment. If you go to onto YouTube though, type "brooch bouquet" into the search and it is the 2nd video that comes up by JessicaFleurDeLis. She has a part 1 and part 2 and breaks it down really well.

I know what you mean, I'm a little concerned about them looking cheap also that's why I really wanna go with some place that has some sort of reviews or something...or that one of you lovely ladies has used :) Hmmm I've never heard of latex flowers before, I'll have to check that out. Thanks for sharing those links! :)

I was thinking of using Afloral.com, too, to get my sister's (MOH) bouquet and some flowers to go with my pearl bouquet. Glad to hear some ladies here liked them!

A note about the latex flowers: if you go that route, make sure no one who may come in contact with them (or close contact with your hands after you handle the flowers) has a latex allergy. My sister does, so they're a no-go for me.

Typed with my thumbs on a tablet

As Carnival_Brides said, pearl bouquets can get pricey. I'm using larger 12 mm pearls, which has cut down on the materials I've had to buy. I had wanted to do a brooch bouquet but that was too expensive. I am adding just a few sparkly brooches and earrings that I have lying around, though. I'll post a pic when my fiance quits hogging my laptop. Lol!

Typed with my thumbs on a tablet

Question to CarnivalBrides & ExcitedBride2B...did you ladies purchase one of their already made bouquets or buy some of their stems to create your own?

CarnivalBrides ordered premade bouquets and then we added flowers to it. We wanted larger bouquets. But all in all, the prices were very reasonable.

I'm about 1/2 way thru my brooch bouquet and then have to start my daughters. We bought flowers from Michaels and brooches from ebay, mostly but some from flea markets and garage sales. Plus when friends family found out what I was doing they brought me some brooches, which I think is such a nice personal touch. I just followed some you tube instructions and of course trial and error :s.

Has anyone seen or tried the small chain globe encircling the bouquet??

I'm about 1/2 way thru my brooch bouquet and then have to start my daughters. We bought flowers from Michaels and brooches from ebay, mostly but some from flea markets and garage sales. Plus when friends family found out what I was doing they brought me some brooches, which I think is such a nice personal touch. I just followed some you tube instructions and of course trial and error :s.

Has anyone seen or tried the small chain globe encircling the bouquet??

I would love to see a pic of your bouquet when you are done!

Hobby lobby has some beautiful silk flowers, I ordered mine on line and carried them on board from www.wedideas.com they were worth the money they looked so real and worth the quality.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

LOVE this Thread.. SO what HAs everyone went with??? Where are the Pix at.. I did my Gurls already but they got mad since I went on and did theres (I just hate to worrie people, and like to do whatever i can, start early and take ur time by time the Wedding is, U are ready to go.. SO anywho They want to take Mines over..

I was watching Four Weddings here at werk on Tuesday ( i have to catch up) lol. And I seen this Bride with a brooch bouquet, and it was BAD!!!!!!!!!!! (meaning good, lol) so since Tuesday I have been looking at different ideas to tel them..

SO who has PIC? :)

Hi! I bought all of my flowers at Hobby Lobby. Here in GA, they are on sale every other week and you can go online and get a 40% coupon. Mine are red roses(real look and feel) I bought the pre made and added bling to mine. Still putting on the finishing touches. My bridesmaids are red hydrangias (sp?) that I bunched together, added bling and was set. I am still working on my Mother's corsages and bought the pre-made boutiners.

Hobby Lobby has a lot of "real look" flowers. Love them! I did not use the broach. I bought the iridescent beads and made them to my taste. And on my bridesmaids I added some of the stick on bling to the centers to give them the shine. Have fun!

Archived