New Enchantment of the Seas Park Cafe

Marie50

it is also the ONLY Place to grab something after 3 pm.

the options are very light.. basically, for breakfast a few egg sandwiches, fruit, a bagel station with just about every thing you can think of for a topping. two hot options, usually oatmeal and maybe grits. pastries as well

Lunch there will be two soups, the famous Beef on Weck( soo yummy :D ) and a variety of prepackaged salads, as well has what amounts to half a sandwich in about 6 different varieties( I highly recommend the cuban and the Parma ham and brie). there is also a choose your own toppings salad bar. usually a couple of other non lettuce salad options like tuna or chicken.

late night is the pizza and nachos type stuff.

They also have cookies, cut up fruit in a cup, different desserts like cakes or brownies, and bags of chips.

The sandwiches (except for the roast beef) are pre-made and mostly get microwaved before serving. My kids liked the three cheese panini (basically, a melted cheese sandwich), and the veggie quesadilla. They have a number of very interesting-sounding combinations (although I discovered as I worked my way through them that they weren't always as interesting as they sounded). And they have pre-packaged tuna and egg salad sandwiches, like you can grab in a convenience store.

We had late seating for dinner--which meant not actually eating until close to 9 p.m.--so we frequently wound up grabbing a snack from the Park Cafe around 6:30.

Last week I had most breakfasts and lunches here (thought it safer than Windjammer during noro outbreak). I really enjoyed the wide variety of breads, cheeses and meat combinations. Most sandwiches were started in a panini press and finished in a microwave. I don't agree with the convenience store comparison, I found the offerings to be more comparable to Panera Bread Company type fare.

I don't agree with the convenience store comparison' date=' I found the offerings to be more comparable to Panera Bread Company type fare.[/quote']

Sorry; misunderstanding here. The sandwiches and wraps in the case on the left were indeed more on a level of Panera--focaccia bread, spinach tortillas, interesting cheeses, etc. And I'm sure you're right about the panini press. I saw them taking things out of the microwave but they also did have those grill marks on them and I do think they were cooked in a press.

But in the center case, along with the pre-made grab-and-go salads and the desserts, they ALSO had those triangle boxes of tuna salad and egg salad sandwiches like you can get in a convenience store or the like. I didn't try them but I think some people might be glad to see an old reliable, plain old tuna salad sandwich! With no guacamole, pesto, or other exotic ingredients.

They also would have some different cold vegetable salads from time to time--I got a Mexican corn salad one day which was very tasty.

Archived