karen

beavergoat

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale at 5:18 am the morning of our Norweign epic cruise in Miami any ideas on what we can do very early in the morning before the cruise Dont want to just sit around and wait to get on the ship

We learned the below from a Cruise Critic member years ago

We frequently fly the "Red Eye" into MIA from California

We take a cab to the Hyatt Regency - 400 S.E. 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL

There is a VERY NICE coffee shop/restaurant with a full menu and elegant buffet, you can leisurely dine, everyone is friendly and knows you are killing time

Off of the lobby, is a bar area that does not open until noon, lounge on the sofas, watch the waterway and television,

There is also a station/stop for the free people mover if you want to buzz around, but no seats and very "public"

Cab out front to port about 10:30 - 11:00, about a 15 minute drive

We have done the above so many times, the bell captain gives me a hug and the dining room manager knows us. You can check your luggage or there is room in the restaurant for it

Also from CC - We always use SAS Transportation from FLL to the Regency, reliable and a lot cheaper than a cab

That's quite a bit of time to kill, but the breakfast idea is the best one....at a hotel where they can hold your bags....and take your time.....let everyone else get off the plane 1st! Take time retrieving your bags.....just extend everything out as much as possible.

Head to port around 11am.

Then depending on how early you want to get to the ship, there's a jungle queen sightseeing tour with a 9:30 departure time for a 3 hour trip. Might be a bit much after that red eye, but an option anyway.

We might try the tour, I think it picks up at some of the hotels, although, we are so zonked after a 6 hour flight we would possibly sleep through it.

Most of FLL shops and restaurants do not open until 8:00 or 9:00

Zach - I think I would walk before flying on Spirit :D - we fly out of SFO or Oakland, and always try to opt for non-stop flights

Archived