View first unread???

Can someone explain to me how this tool works? When I click on this option it takes me to posts that I have read not only once but sometimes many times before I come to the most recent "unread" posts.

So my question is....once you have read a post is there a way to mark it as read?

Am I missing something really obvious?

Thanks

Lorraine

Can someone explain to me how this tool works? When I click on this option it takes me to posts that I have read not only once but sometimes many times before I come to the most recent "unread" posts.

So my question is....once you have read a post is there a way to mark it as read?

Thanks

Lorraine

When I have read a post I scroll up to the top, click on "Thomson Cruises" and then only the unread ones come up. If you back arrow you will keep getting the same unread ones that you started with!

Does that make sense and is this what you meant? :confused:

Thanks

Lorraine

I think I understand your problem, though I don't have an answer. I think it's changed - until fairly recently, I'd open a forum and threads with new posts were in bold script, and if I clicked on the "Go to first new post", it would go to the first new one posted since I last accessed the boards. Recently, this button seems to go to the top of the page with new posts, and if you go to "View First Unread" it skips down to what it says.

Hope this makes some sense?

Archived