Dropping off luggage at pier?

tine-tine

Anyone out there can tell me if we can drop off our luggage at Equinox at port Everglades prior to dropping off our hire car at airport and taking taxi back to Pier? Thought it would be simpler as we will be arriving early and could do without the incumberance of luggage for the morning.

I think it depends on what time you call early. I don't know for sure but you don't want to get your luggage mixed up with the people departing the ship. I would think no earlier than 10 am up that is purely a guess.

We usually get to the pier around 10 am and be one of the first ones on board.

Happy sailing

I am sure that others will chime in to answer your question.

Anyone out there can tell me if we can drop off our luggage at Equinox at port Everglades prior to dropping off our hire car at airport and taking taxi back to Pier? Thought it would be simpler as we will be arriving early and could do without the incumberance of luggage for the morning.

I believe that you would be o.k., if after 11:00 A.M., or maybe even a wee bit earlier.

I have done this before and I was able to drive right up to where the porters are, drop off the luggage (tip them) and then drive away since we wanted to do some other things before coming back to board the ship. It was much easier just grabbing a taxi without your luggage and heading back to the ship. The only thing was when we pulled up the security checkpoint to get into the port they sometimes pop the trunk and we had nothing in it.

You may also encounter a bit of traffic entering and exiting the port since there will be a lot of people getting off depending on what time you do it.

Greetings

Should not be a problem if you wait till close to 11 am so they have all the outgoing luggage handled. Since you mentioned you were on Equinox, that will be either a Monday or Friday departure so the port won't be that busy and pier 18 is well laid out. The port traffic should not be bad. Weekends can get very crazy, but weekdays are usually much calmer.

Good Sailing

Tom

Thank you all that replied, you answered my concern which was would we be able to drive our rental car up to the dock to drop off. Like some of you previously, we plan to arrive around 10am, drop off our luggage then head off to do other things without having to worry about leaving our luggage in the car. We decided to board later this time as on Solstice Class they close the passages to the cabins and you can't drop off carry on until they open the sealed doors at 1300. We also thought that if the dreaded Noro wa on board and they delayed boarding, then we would not have to sit around in the departure area for most of the pm, we have done this before arriving at 1100 and being allowed to board until 1630 which was a bore and a rammy when eventually the heaving masses set to as one!!!

Archived