chilkoot tour prices for skagway

dustyroad

Our 2014 pricing is now available and as promised we are forwarding the available tours and information you have requested.

White Pass Summit Rail & Bus Excursion (lunch is not included with this

excursion)

Duration: 3.5 Hours

Departure: 7:30AM & 12:00PM (Train first)

Departure: 8:30AM & 1:00PM (Bus first)

Cost: $126.00 Adult $76.00 Child (12 & Under)

Itinerary: Skagway/White Pass Summit/Fraser & return to Skagway

Yukon Rail & Bus Excursion (lunch included)

Duration: 7.5 Hours

Departure: 7:30AM (Depart Skagway by train)

Departure: 8:30AM (Depart Skagway by bus)

Cost: $179.00 Adult $119.00 Child (12 & Under)

Lunch Included: BBQ chicken, baked potato, coleslaw, dinner roll, cake doughnuts, coffee, tea, water Admission to the Yukon Wildlife Museum and Husky Puppy Camp also included

Itinerary: Skagway/White Pass Summit/Fraser by train – 1 ¾ hours on train to Fraser, Fraser to Carcross & Emerald Lake and return to Skagway by bus

Yukon Rail & Bus Excursion With 15 Minute Dogcart Ride (lunch included)

Duration: 7.5 Hours

Departure: 7:30AM (Depart Skagway by train)

Departure: 8:30AM (Depart Skagway by bus)

Cost: $211.00 Adult $151.00 Child (12 & Under)

Lunch Included: BBQ chicken, baked potato, coleslaw, dinner roll, cake doughnuts, coffee, tea, water Admission to the Yukon Wildlife Museum, Husky Puppy Camp and the 15-minute dogcart ride also included

Itinerary: Skagway/White Pass Summit/Fraser by train – 1 ¾ hours on train to Fraser, Fraser to Carcross & Emerald Lake and return to Skagway by bus

Bennett Scenic Journey (lunch included)

Duration: 8 Hours (May 28-Sept 5, 2014 Tues. thru Sat. only) For the 2014 season the Bennett Scenic Journey operates as follows:

Northbound train on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays Southbound train on Tuesdays and Fridays

Departure: 7:30AM for the Northbound train

Departure: 8:30AM for the Southbound train

Cost: $229.00 Adult $114.50 Child (12 & Under)

Lunch: Mulligan stew, homemade bread, coleslaw, apple pie. Lunch is at Lake Bennett Train Depot dining hall. Parks Canada Interpretive Displays and self-guided walking tour also included

Itinerary: 2 ¾ hours on train to White Pass Summit, Fraser & Lake Bennett – 1 ¼ hours for lunch and layover at Lake Bennett– 1 ½ hour by train to Carcross – Carcross to Emerald Lake and return to Skagway by bus

Chilkoot Charters & Tours offers a full service package with all of its excursions. This means that all of the applicable components of the excursion are included in the already discounted excursion price as well as U.S. and Canadian sales taxes. Our passengers also enjoy the convenience of courtesy transportation to and from all cruise ship docks in Skagway. Lunch accommodations for the 7.5 & 8 hour excursions, train tickets and ground transportation have been pre-arranged for you so there is no waiting in line to purchase anything once you arrive in Skagway. Just meet us at the dock and we are ready to go!

Since these excursions enter Canada, U.S. and Canadian citizens must carry a passport. Guests of other nationalities must bring their passport and any other supporting documentation.

Please feel free to contact us should you have any further questions.

Reservations are required and may be made by visiting our web site at http://www.chilkootcharters.com and completing our online reservation form.

Once we receive a reservation request, we will follow it with an email confirmation within 24-48 hours that includes meeting and pickup instructions. Tour payment will be processed at the time the reservation is confirmed.

Regards,

Stacy Gould

CHILKOOT CHARTERS & TOURS

Skagway, Alaska

They've gone up $3 per person on most tours. This doesn't seem surprising at all, and certainly nothing to complain about. :confused:

No complaints at all. I'm going either way whether it is $3 or $30 more. Sorry if I gave you that impression, just making a statement!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm interested in the 7.5 hour train one way, bus the other. My ship is in from 7:00-4:30. Will a 7:00 arrival allow for the 7:30 tour? Will the 8:30 tour be back in time for a 4:30 departure? I assume we'd have to be on board at 4:00.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I'm interested in the 7.5 hour train one way, bus the other. My ship is in from 7:00-4:30. Will a 7:00 arrival allow for the 7:30 tour? Will the 8:30 tour be back in time for a 4:30 departure? I assume we'd have to be on board at 4:00.

You need to verify this time direct with a vendor, or look and see if this tour is available with a ship shore excursion. Depends how you want to book. I know some port times do not allow the ability to take the Lake Bennett combo tour.

As Budget Queen suggested check with the tour company. On our trip last summer our ship was supposed to dock at 7AM and I was told that the ship usually arrives at 6AM; however, our ship was late getting into port. We were the first passengers off our ship at it was around 7:28AM. We weren't sure if the tour had already left without us--Luckily the train did not depart. I would suggest you find out what will happen if the ship is late and the train has left. I tried to find this out in advance but was told the ship is always early. So, in any case find out in an e-mail what your options would be regarding the tour. I would suggest you also program your cell phone with the local phone number of the tour company in case you have any questions while in port.