heritage wharf in bermuda

crabbyjack

She's docked at the pier. Everyone that was worried about tendering can breathe a sigh of relief. We even cleared out the ugly weather (1.27 inches of rain fell here yesterday), just for you ;);

It's a friggin Bermudian miracle! :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

So exciting! ..and is that the Summit docked starboard side?..Haha! I booked a starboard cabin this year because last time we docked port side and I wanted a different view! Oh well!! I guess they change it up!

Man o' man that Breakaway is a huge ship!

I've read that they might go back to doing more work on the pier after the Breakaway leaves and more trips will have to tender. Any truth to that rumor??? :confused:

I've been told no more tendering and they'll have to work on the dock after the Breakaway leaves on friday and before the Dawn arrives.

I've read that they might go back to doing more work on the pier after the Breakaway leaves and more trips will have to tender. Any truth to that rumor??? :confused:

Have not heard that, where did you hear it? They will work on any days that the Breakaway and Dawn are not at HW. Pass that on.

SBtS

Was so thrilled to wake up this morning and turn on the port webcam and see the Breakaway pulling in. Islegroove, you were right! The Breakaway docked at Heritage Wharf today. You were a steady voice of calm throughout. Thank you! We'll be there two weeks from today on the Breakaway and I'm so happy that we'll be docked instead of tendering! :D

I read the same thing when the Breakaway leaves they will continue the work.

Last I read, the Gov't has said the project includes finish work on the breasting dolphins (which Breakaway is moored against now) and also improving the mooring dolphins which extend out on either side. As I understand the project, with the Breakaway successfully moored now, incoming ships should not have to tender (unless something goes VERY wrong).

Either way, unless it's in the current news releases, let's not make ourselves crazy! :D

SummitB2_zps07783aab.png

Just came across your informational site, and thought I'd ask you a couple of questions:

1. You may have viewed the video a local news reporter posted on the Bermuda Web Cam site, and I understood that two of the people interviewed mentioned they were going to the court house. Have you heard of anyone doing that, and is that mainly to check out the staff dressed in wigs and robes? Are there other "attractions" or points of interest?

2. For curiosity sake, how often have you been to Bermuda, and what kinds of things are on your agenda this time?

Was so thrilled to wake up this morning and turn on the port webcam and see the Breakaway pulling in. Islegroove, you were right! The Breakaway docked at Heritage Wharf today. You were a steady voice of calm throughout. Thank you! We'll be there two weeks from today on the Breakaway and I'm so happy that we'll be docked instead of tendering! :D

Glad to have helped in some way. I've been around enough to know enough people in various places, so even if it isn't out there publicly (like it will dock at Heritage Wharf, or about the opening of the mini golf course - AND like the Dawn will not have to tender), I've gotten it from someone I know and trust, who knows what the truth is.

Just came across your informational site, and thought I'd ask you a couple of questions:

1. You may have viewed the video a local news reporter posted on the Bermuda Web Cam site, and I understood that two of the people interviewed mentioned they were going to the court house. Have you heard of anyone doing that, and is that mainly to check out the staff dressed in wigs and robes? Are there other "attractions" or points of interest?

2. For curiosity sake, how often have you been to Bermuda, and what kinds of things are on your agenda this time?

Hi Tomct, first time to Bermuda for me and it's been kind of last minute so I haven't done my usual research. I'll let you know if I find anything good to share. I do have a tour booked with Bermuda Footsteps and I'll let you know how that is. I'm off this Sunday.

Archived