heritage wharf in bermuda

crabbyjack

Thanks for the update. We will be there May 12 so it will be interesting. I think we will be the only ship so King's Wharf should be it for us. Breakaway should be there several days after we leave.

Thanks for the update. We will be there May 12 so it will be interesting. I think we will be the only ship so King's Wharf should be it for us. Breakaway should be there several days after we leave.

The Dawn docks at Heritage. And I HOPE it's all set for us. We expect to arrive May 5!

The operative words are not expected.;)

I know!

Just in case... I too was wondering about off peak tendering. (For those who want to...)

That's one of the reasons we cruise to Bermuda every year. The freedom of walking on and off all day and night. If we feel like it.

We've already adjusted our minds to the possibility of not docking at all when we get there this May. And we are not doing the tender trip. Way too many people and I don't want to stand in line waiting to get a boat back to the ship either. I have that fiasco all freakily blown out of proportion in my mind already. I've seen the lines for buses and thats bad enough! I'll happily stay onboard.

But that latest news article gave me some hope.

Just have to wait and see! Not canceling NEVER!!!. Just made final payment yesterday.

The Explorer of the Seas will be at Kings Wharf for two of the three days you're in Bermuda, May 13 and 14, and they dock at Kings Wharf. All NCL ships dock at Heritage Wharf. They would only be able to use Kings Wharf if it was unoccupied.

I know!

Just in case... I too was wondering about off peak tendering. (For those who want to...)

That's one of the reasons we cruise to Bermuda every year. The freedom of walking on and off all day and night. If we feel like it.

We've already adjusted our minds to the possibility of not docking at all when we get there this May. And we are not doing the tender trip. Way too many people and I don't want to stand in line waiting to get a boat back to the ship either. I have that fiasco all freakily blown out of proportion in my mind already. I've seen the lines for buses and thats bad enough! I'll happily stay onboard.

But that latest news article gave me some hope.

Just have to wait and see! Not canceling NEVER!!!. Just made final payment yesterday.[/quote

Agree with you... but do you really think that tendering will be that big of a problem????....there is more than one tender...

have been to Bermuda many times...so maybe we will just enjoy the ship too...and relax!!!! we won't cancel either....no matter what!!!

I really don't see a problem with tendering, granted it is not my ideal situation, but we are planning around it. We will get of in the morning and back onboard mid afternoon, we will take advantage once off the ship and try to get lots done :)

I really don't see a problem with tendering, granted it is not my ideal situation, but we are planning around it. We will get of in the morning and back onboard mid afternoon, we will take advantage once off the ship and try to get lots done :)

Tendering involves a lot of lost time. 1/2 hour to fill up the tender, 30 minutes to Hamilton -- and they do not run that often. Buses are even worse. There should be options to cancel or huge discounts for this in my opinion. How can one promote a ship (Breakaway) in particular without having a dock finished is beyond me. Vicki:)

Tendering involves a lot of lost time. 1/2 hour to fill up the tender, 30 minutes to Hamilton -- and they do not run that often. Buses are even worse. There should be options to cancel or huge discounts for this in my opinion. How can one promote a ship (Breakaway) in particular without having a dock finished is beyond me. Vicki:)

I understand that it takes time, but it wont kill my vacation if I have to wait a little. NCL has to do what they do, Bermuda promised them a finished dock by the first cruise and they are counting on that. It is really out of their hands, all they can is put pressure on them, but in the end it is Bermuda obligation to deliver the dock on time.

I would think that there is a lot of money ridding in the maiden and posts cruises, what can they do? dock the ship in NY and wait for Bermuda to finish the dock? They could always alter itineraries, but I am not sure if you are aware that Breakaway will also be using Great Stirrup Cay during the winter months and they will be tendering there as there is no dock there.

I am sure some people will cancel over this, but not us. We are excited to visit Bermuda and as much as I would love for the dock to be finished, I am also aware that it might not be, so I will plan accordingly :).

Happy Sailings :)

I understand that it takes time, but it wont kill my vacation if I have to wait a little. NCL has to do what they do, Bermuda promised them a finished dock by the first cruise and they are counting on that. It is really out of their hands, all they can is put pressure on them, but in the end it is Bermuda obligation to deliver the dock on time.

I would think that there is a lot of money ridding in the maiden and posts cruises, what can they do? dock the ship in NY and wait for Bermuda to finish the dock? They could always alter itineraries, but I am not sure if you are aware that Breakaway will also be using Great Stirrup Cay during the winter months and they will be tendering there as there is no dock there.

I am sure some people will cancel over this, but not us. We are excited to visit Bermuda and as much as I would love for the dock to be finished, I am also aware that it might not be, so I will plan accordingly :).

Happy Sailings :)

What is time???? we are on vacation.....make the best of it.....we will not cancel for that reason...... have had to tender on a few cruises.... not really a big deal..afterall ,..we are going to be in Bermuda more than a few hours!!

We definitely wouldn't cancel either. But we also don't plan to tender in even if that's the final deal. I hope Bermuda is set up for that if it happens. They already use the ferries daily.

Last I read they are docking the ships as planned and continuing to work around them. And supposedly it will be completed (or nearly) for Breakaways first visit.

For us we mainly love to be at sea and roaming around the ships. We've been going to Bermuda for many years and spent lots of good quality (for us) time on the island. Lots of wonderful experiences and memories. So we'll be totally fine if we stay onboard.

But I think we might be pleasantly surprised!

I love these boards and all the comments and opinions. I look forward to my daily check ins.

May 3 cant come soon enough!

Can Kings wharf dock cruise ships on either side? Not the NCL Breakaway size but maybe the Dawn?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "dock cruise ships on either side", but if you mean can it dock two ships at once, the answer is no. Kings Wharf and Heritage Wharf can each dock only one cruise ship at a time...in other words both wharves have to be in use for two ships to be accommodated.

Can Kings wharf dock cruise ships on either side? Not the NCL Breakaway size but maybe the Dawn?

Post #41

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "dock cruise ships on either side", but if you mean can it dock two ships at once, the answer is no. Kings Wharf and Heritage Wharf can each dock only one cruise ship at a time...in other words both wharves have to be in use for two ships to be accommodated.

Question is perfect reason why I posted a picture of Dockyard.;)

Much better picture of the piers that go out from the Kings Wharf into the North Basin. The first picture didn't have those. I didn't remember that side of the Wharf having piers when we docked there on the Summit.

I only remember several boats/Tugs? tied up to the Wharf itself.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I hope no tender I won't get off maybe just once. How many tenders does Bermuda have, I read they have one that carries 700 passengers can you imagine the lines onboard to get on and off and the wait time?

Would it be possible lets say the worst case, that NCL not go to Bermuda because of the dock situation where else would they go?

Archived