Crown coming to the West Coast!

Phamer55

With the announcement of the Crown Princess doing a repositioning cruise through South America to Los Angeles this means she will be the largest and newest Princess ship on the West Coast! I like it!! I wonder what she'll be doing out here - maybe Alaska cruises to start with? Can't wait until April to find out!

With the announcement of the Crown Princess doing a repositioning cruise through South America to Los Angeles this means she will be the largest and newest Princess ship on the West Coast! I like it!! I wonder what she'll be doing out here - maybe Alaska cruises to start with? Can't wait until April to find out!

I just checked the web site and it's still in europe through to November 2013.

This is happening in 2014. I've not seen a thread about this topic. The only thread I saw discussed the South America cruise. To me the bigger story hear is the repositioning of a newer/larger ship to the West Coast. I guess I'm in the minority that thinks this is interesting.

This is happening in 2014. I've not seen a thread about this topic. The only thread I saw discussed the South America cruise. To me the bigger story hear is the repositioning of a newer/larger ship to the West Coast. I guess I'm in the minority that thinks this is interesting.

I find it VERY interesting :D We need more good options here.

It may or may not be repositioning. Once it gets to the west coast it could do the opposite route and go back to Port Everglades via South America.

Repositioning or returning to Florida, either one is pure speculation at this point.

It may or may not be repositioning. Once it gets to the west coast it could do the opposite route and go back to Port Everglades via South America.

Repositioning or returning to Florida, either one is pure speculation at this point.

More than likely a re-positioning, since by that time Fall and Winter will begin in the southern hemisphere and they won't want to send a ship through Cape Horn that 'late' in their season. That's also kind of the reason for sending the Grand Princess around South America in Jan/Feb - even though it's mid-winter up here, it's mid-summer down there.

It would be nice if she would do a 14 day RT LA - Alaska - LA. There are a lot of us down here who wish she would.

The Crown may be too big to do 14 day Alaskan cruises. Speculation is that the Pacific Princess will be doing 14 day Alaska from Vancouver or Seattle.

It seems to me that they are making room for the new Regal. She is supposed to debut in the spring of 2014 which is about the time that Crown ends it's South American adventure in Los Angeles. It will be very interesting to see the spring/summer schedule for 2014 when it comes out. Dave

The new locks for the Panama Canal are likely to be in operation mid-2014. That will give Princess even more options for itineraries. It won't just be the Coral and the Island (I suppose I should count the Ocean and Pacific too) that will fit.

It would be nice if she would do a 14 day RT LA - Alaska - LA. There are a lot of us down here who wish she would.

The Crown may be too big to do 14 day Alaskan cruises. Speculation is that the Pacific Princess will be doing 14 day Alaska from Vancouver or Seattle.

It would be nice to have a newer (relatively speaking) ship come here. The bigger part isn't of interest to me, but I believe the Sapphire is the newest ship we have here.

I would love to see a RT to Alaska (as long as the foreign port isn't Ensenada, but one of the Canadian ports). Maybe if Princess feels the coastal cruise are popular enough, they might try a trial run of a LA-Alaska-LA cruise. Not sure if they could (or want) to try this as a 14-day cruise, but maybe a 18-day or longer one to save on fuel costs as they need to use a more expensive fuel around here.

So we would have Crown, Grand, Star, Sapphire, and Golden ??

Sounds like alot of ships here. I'm not complaining mind you :D

Pat

And Pacific. They're all ending their current itineraries on the westcoast. Will be interesting where they end up. Maybe Coral or Island doing summer canal cruises? More summer Hawaii cruises?

Without knowing what Princess may be planning it looks like 9 ships on the west coast next summer. Crown, Grand, Star, Golden, Sapphire, Diamond, Coral, Island and Pacific. In 2012 & 2013 I believe they have 7 ships in Alaska. Will they go to 9 for 2014? or is there something else in the works. There has been speculation that the Coral and/or the Island could start doing exotic cruises.

I think the topic is very interesting. Was thrilled with RCCL brought the Mariner of the Seas out to CA. What a great ship/cruise/crew.

Archived