Alaska 2014 Trip refining

Mtn Mom

New to this board and cruising and have appreciated the threads and ideas I have read. Hope this isn’t too early to be working on this but welcome suggestions, do ability and refinements to our mid July Alaska 2014 so I will be ready to book when available. These are of course based on 2013 listings hoping they will be close to what will be in 2014.

1st day - fly into Anchorage from Utah arriving around 1:00pm. Rent a car and drive to Talkeetna staying at Sustina River Lodge and take Talkeetna Air 7:00ish pm Grand Denali w/glacier landing flight over Mt McKinley. What side of plane for best views? Is AM or PM flight better? I know it is unpredictable.

2nd day – morning window for flight if canceled. Then return to Anchorage (any suggestions what to see on return trip) and return car to airport and use hotel shuttle or taxi to Stay at Comfort Inn Ship Creek.

3rd day – Walk to train station and Board Coastal Train riding Gold Star Dome to Seward. (Which side for best glacier views) Use shuttle and spend afternoon at Exit Glacier. Stay at Holiday Inn Express.

4th day – 9:00 am Take the Northwestern 9 hr Tours with Kenai Fjords Tours.

5th day – 8:00 am Take in the Kenai National Parks 6 hr Tours hoping to catch what we missed and seeing more wildlife which we really enjoy. Then Board Holland Statendam cruise ship in Seward.

6th day - Sea Day

7th day - Glacier Bay

8th day – Doc Haines and take Wilderness Safari Davidson Glacier tour

9th day – Doc 8:00am-6:00pm and take Tracy Arm Tour

10th day – Doc Ketchican 11:00am – 7pm and Take Island Wings Anan Creek Bear watching Tour (Is this too late in afternoon to see bears?)

11th day – Sea Day inside cruising

12th day – disembark and fly home from Vancouver around 5:00pm

Thanks cruise critic members for your ideas and help and Thanks for your suggestions ahead of time.

Where can I take coupon advantages and when do 2014 books come out and can I see what is in it before I buy it?

Archived