Wonderful Copenhagen

DV:

I've copied your transfer instructions and emailed it to both myself and DH.

Again, many thanks!! :)

I forgot to sat that the 12:42 and 12:54 departures are with the Øresundstog, not the metro.

12:42 is heading for Nivå and 12:54 for Helsingør, both train stops at Østerport.

Hi

We are doing a b2b on the Legend so will be in Copenhagen May 9-10th, May 17th and May 24th-25th.

On May17 our transition day we thought we might like to get "out of town". Had looked at Dragor, Hillerod or Roskilde.

Any suggestions and instructions on how to do this? I believe we dock at Frihaven.

An alternative would be to go out of town from our hotel on May 10th but we would have to be back to board the ship by 3pm.

Thanks for your help, Karen

Does anyone know where Royal Caribbean's Brilliance of the Seas will port in Copenhagen on June 21, 2014? Thanks!

According to the latest Cruise Call List (link: http://www.cmport.com/ships-in-port/cruise-ships/cruise-list-2014), your ship will be docking at Langelinge Pier C190 - it is the closest pier to the city center, easily accessible via public bus #26.

Edited by Wa Cruiser

Hi

We are doing a b2b on the Legend so will be in Copenhagen May 9-10th, May 17th and May 24th-25th.

On May17 our transition day we thought we might like to get "out of town". Had looked at Dragor, Hillerod or Roskilde.

Any suggestions and instructions on how to do this? I believe we dock at Frihaven.

An alternative would be to go out of town from our hotel on May 10th but we would have to be back to board the ship by 3pm.

I hope that you can wait to Wednesday with a proper reply :D

Dear Danish Viking,

In your reply--"There are some misunderstandings about the new cruise terminal in Copenhagen.

Hobo busses will be allowed, I have not heard otherwise.

Bus 26 will run 2 times every hour from Monday to Fridays.

The Port Authority (CM Port) will run a bus shuttle, this I have been promised on Email.

btw there is no hotels that have doubled their hotel prices during the Eurovision Song Contest, but some hotels has been sold out like the 800 room Bella Sky Hotel."

My Questions:

Where do you pick up the shuttle Bus? Where does the "Shuttle Bus deliver you to? How often does it run? And does it return you to C330 pier?

Thank you,

Princess Sailor:)

There hasn't been released any info yet but I have 3 theories.

1) they will extend bus 26 to UNICEF when there's a ship in port.

At the moment all departures in the weekend and public holidays terminates at Langelinie pier so there is nothing in the way to continue some or all of them to the UNICEF bus stop.

2) A special route just like 20E that connect the ferry terminal to Østerport train station and Kongens Nytorv.

Yet again there is no problem in continuing this line to the UNICEF bus stop.

3) They will hire tourist busses that only runs between Kongens Nytorv, or any other centrally located drop off point.

But I don't think that they will compete with the cruiselines own shuttle busses.

Hi

Your ship will be docked at the new Cruise terminal C330 on all 3 dates so no freeport terminal for you.

On the Transition day a trip to Hillerød could be a nice trip, what time would you need to go back because a combination of the Frederiksborg Palace In Hillerød and Kronborg Castle/Maritime Museum in Helsingør could be a nice trip.

But It would require most of the day.

So i need the time you´ll need to get back.

Normally June is very mixed both in temperatures and number of rain days so I´m not going to guess anything.

Last year the end of May/start of June was pretty warm (for danish standards)

The rest of June was colder and more rainy but July was the hottest and most sunny months in several years.

Your ship will be docked at the new Cruise terminal C330 on all 3 dates so no freeport terminal for you.

On the Transition day a trip to Hillerød could be a nice trip, what time would you need to go back because a combination of the Frederiksborg Palace In Hillerød and Kronborg Castle/Maritime Museum in Helsingør could be a nice trip.

But It would require most of the day.

So i need the time you´ll need to get back.

On May17th I would say we have from 9-3:30pm. Is there a nice village atmosphere in Hillerod? We would like this day to experience Denmark not so much just to check off another landmark from the list.

We are not going to go the Vasa Museum in Sweden so maybe Roskilde?

Another question , on our first day May 9th we are planning to go to Tivoli in the evening. I thought that we could put the Carlsberg Brewery in the late afternoon does that make logistical sense? Also could you recommend a restaurant at Tivoli with atmosphere.

I have guide books but can not find the instructions for C330.

Do we have to take a taxi from the hotel or is there trains, buses?

Thanks Karen

Danish Viking, I have been reading your thread and you are just a wealth of good information. I have 2 questions. We will be there on 2 different dates doing a B2B. At the end of our cruise we have a tour booked thru the cruise line that will do many of the city highlights and then drop us at the airport, but on May 19, 2014 we would like to find a half day excursion.

question 1 -- is there something you could recommend for 3 - 4 hours?

question 2 -- What Pier does the NCL Sun use?

Thank you for all your good advice.

Danish Viking, I have been reading your thread and you are just a wealth of good information. I have 2 questions. We will be there on 2 different dates doing a B2B. At the end of our cruise we have a tour booked thru the cruise line that will do many of the city highlights and then drop us at the airport, but on May 19, 2014 we would like to find a half day excursion.

question 1 -- is there something you could recommend for 3 - 4 hours?

question 2 -- What Pier does the NCL Sun use?

Thank you for all your good advice.

Your ship will be docked at C330, thats the new cruise terminal

http://www.cmport.com/ships-in-port/cruise-ships/cruise-list-2014

What about a trip to Tivoli, you could easily spend 3-4 hours there.

I´m guessing that a canal tour is not included in the bus trip after your cruise because that could also be a nice thing to do.

After the 1 hour canal tour you could do some window or people watching along Strøget (the main pedestrian street starting from Kongens Nytorv)

Its a regular weekday so bus 26 can take you to both Nyhavn/Kongens Nytorv where the canal boat tour starts from or to Tivoli.

Just remember to take the bus to UNICEF when going the other way because else you will end at Langelinie pier or Færgehavvn Nord.

Edited by Danish viking

On May17th I would say we have from 9-3:30pm. Is there a nice village atmosphere in Hillerod? We would like this day to experience Denmark not so much just to check off another landmark from the list.

We are not going to go the Vasa Museum in Sweden so maybe Roskilde?

Another question , on our first day May 9th we are planning to go to Tivoli in the evening. I thought that we could put the Carlsberg Brewery in the late afternoon does that make logistical sense? Also could you recommend a restaurant at Tivoli with atmosphere.

I have guide books but can not find the instructions for C330.

Do we have to take a taxi from the hotel or is there trains, buses?

Thanks Karen

If castles and palaces are not your choice then a trip to the fishing village of Dragør just outside Copenhagen (behind the airport to be precise) or as you say the viking ship museum in Roskilde

Viking Ship Museum

All regional trains (commuter trains) going westward will stop at Roskilde (directions Holbæk, Kalundborg, Ringsted, Nykøbing F, Rødby Færge and Slagelse)

Also the intercity trains to Aalborg, Struer, Esbjerg, Sønderborg and Flesborg will stop at Roskilde

The only trains that doesn´t stop at Roskilde are the Intercity Lyn trains towards Aarhus or Frederikshavn.

And the regional/Eurocity/ICE trains towards Rødby Færge, Hamburg and Berlin.

The travel time is between 34 and 38 minutes.

Bus 203 towards Veddelev departs at XX:27 and XX:57 and will get you off at Strangenden a few 100 metres from the viking ship museum.

The trip takes 6 minutes

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Roskilde.pdf

The tricky part is to get from the pier to the central station where all the trains departs from,

Luckily most of the regional trains departs from Østerport that is located closer to the pier so until CMPort reveals any info about shuttles then I would suggest taking a taxi to Østerport.

The train travel times that i posted are from Østerport,trains from the Central Station will have a travel time from 19 to 26 minutes but a taxi will be more expensive compared to a trip to Østerport.

This trip costs 96 DKK (8 zone single ticket)

A 24 hour train ticket costs 130 DKK so it will save you some money.

Dragør

Dragør is a little less time consuming and bus 350 S will take you directly to Dragør from Nørreport station

As you can see the bus goes every 15th minute on a Saturday and the trip takes 42 minutes

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200035010000&stop_gid=9025200000048485

Again as long as i don´t know the transport situation from pier C330 then i would suggest taking a taxi to Nørreport.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/trafikinfo/Documents/nynorreport_kort.pdf

The location of bus 350S at Nørreport

The price for this trip is 36 DKK onmeway (3 zone ticket)

It is possible to walk to Nordhavn Station and then take a train to Østerport, Nørreport or København H (Central station) but it will take around 30 minutes or so.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Unicef+F%C3%A6rgehavn+Nord,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Nordhavn+st,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.714428,12.617847&sspn=0.007869,0.01929&geocode=FXwiUgMdd4jAAClxTgmvuVJSRjEQ1n66K0KO4Q%3BFRAAUgMdFR7AACkNFsfZ7lJSRjGbh0DwCZFRdw&oq=nordhavn&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ls&z=15

Carlsberg/Tivoli

The Carlsberg Visitors center closes at 17:00 and they recommend that you use 1,5 hour so no later than 15:30. :D

S train line B towards Høje Taastrup, Line B towards Ballerup/frederikssund and Line H towards Frederikssund will get you to Enghave station from where the visitors center is in walking distance.

Tivoli is located next door to København H (Central Station)

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Bryggerhesten+1,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Enghave+st,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.664661,12.534907&sspn=0.007879,0.01929&geocode=FaNhUQMdMTi_ACkvvmaYmlNSRjHGK260XRc0Sw%3BFVhbUQMdXla_AClfCAS6nFNSRjHwjoY1Zy90Yg&oq=Bryggerhesten+1&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ls&z=17

My favourite place in Tivoli is Either Cafe Ultima for italian food or Tivolis beergarden for authentic german Snitzels ( is that the English word) or roasted Chicken.

If you want more authentic Danish food then Brødene Price, Grøften, or Færgekroens Bryghus is the place.

http://www.tivoli.dk/en/mad/

Did i cover every thing? :D

Edited by Danish viking

Yes Danish Viking you did cover a lot! Thank you so much.

However still wondering about Hillerod or Helsingor. In Helsingor we could do the Kronborg and is the town of Helsingor interesting? My DH is heavy into photography so that would play into our decision, but mostly somewhere that is easy to get to.

Thanks so much for your help, Karen

Yes Danish Viking you did cover a lot! Thank you so much.

However still wondering about Hillerod or Helsingor. In Helsingor we could do the Kronborg and is the town of Helsingor interesting? My DH is heavy into photography so that would play into our decision, but mostly somewhere that is easy to get to.

Thanks so much for your help, Karen

Helsingør is on NYTimes 52 places to visit in 2014 because of the new maritime museum.

The central area is very cosy and there is a great place for icecream. ;)

The Øresund train will get you directly from Copenhagen (København H, Nørreport and/or Østerport) to Helsingør in 45 minutes or so.

http://mfs.dk/en/

Here is a good guide to CPH. Haven't seen it posted in this thread.

http://www.tomsportguides.com/Copenhagen-09-30-2012.pdf

DV any comment on correctness of above. Thanks for all your help.

Some corrections

Nordre Toldbod pier C177 is missing, its located just south of Langelinie Pier.

The piers numbered C240 to C249 is not used anymore.

Pier C252 and C254 is only used on a few occations by Costa Neoromantica, Ryndam, Mein Schiff II, MSC Poesia, Seabourn Quest, Seven Sea Voyager, Azamara Journey, Marina, Voyager. Serenissima, Emerald Princess, Adonia.

Its mostly Ryndam and Costa Neoromantica, the other ships only figures on this pier (or list) once or twice.

C266 is not used

The new pier C330 is not on the list at all,

As it is now bus 26 only serves C330 on Mondays to Fridays, a solution for the weekend and public holiday is not decided yet not there will be some kind of transportation.

Amerika Plads is not used for cruiseships, only the ferry to Oslo.

The Resistance museum is heavily damaged by fire, a new opening date is not decided yet but it will not be this year.

Entrance to Tivoli is now 99 kroner and not 95.

The price for a taxi between the airport and cruiseport is not around 100 USD, around 75-80 USD is more likely.

These where the ones i could find.

Helsingør is on NYTimes 52 places to visit in 2014 because of the new maritime museum.

The central area is very cosy and there is a great place for icecream. ;)

The Øresund train will get you directly from Copenhagen (København H, Nørreport and/or Østerport) to Helsingør in 45 minutes or so.

http://mfs.dk/en/

Thanks. You have given me a lot of info. Do you think that Kronborg or Dragor would be the best bet?

Thanks Karen (I sure I will have more questions so thanks in advance)

There is 2 busses every hour to UNICEF (the bus stop closest to pier C330)

But they run uneven so they have 20 minutes between the 2 departures and then 40 minutes to the next.

That is because the 3rd departure goes to something called Færgehavn Nord, it is possible to take this one but it requires a 10 minute walk.

The trip takes around 40 minutes in total and there are 2 choices.

One is to take metro line M2 towards Vanløse and get off at Kongens Nytorv.

It runs every 5th minute and the trip takes around 10-15 minutes.

From here Bus 26 will departure on 19 and 59 past the hour.

There is another option to take the Øresund Train towards Helsingør (yes its Hamlets Elsinore) or Nivå.

The train runs every 10th minute.

From here you get bus 26 to Unicef.

I will provide the timetable in another post because I write from my phone and has to look it up. :D

You gave me different directions in a previous post. Is this because I am going from airport to cruise port on Sat. rather than Fri.? Just want to make sure that nothing has changed. Thanks.

If castles and palaces are not your choice then a trip to the fishing village of Dragør just outside Copenhagen (behind the airport to be precise) or as you say the viking ship museum in Roskilde

Viking Ship Museum

All regional trains (commuter trains) going westward will stop at Roskilde (directions Holbæk, Kalundborg, Ringsted, Nykøbing F, Rødby Færge and Slagelse)

Also the intercity trains to Aalborg, Struer, Esbjerg, Sønderborg and Flesborg will stop at Roskilde

The only trains that doesn´t stop at Roskilde are the Intercity Lyn trains towards Aarhus or Frederikshavn.

And the regional/Eurocity/ICE trains towards Rødby Færge, Hamburg and Berlin.

The travel time is between 34 and 38 minutes.

Bus 203 towards Veddelev departs at XX:27 and XX:57 and will get you off at Strangenden a few 100 metres from the viking ship museum.

The trip takes 6 minutes

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Roskilde.pdf

The tricky part is to get from the pier to the central station where all the trains departs from,

Luckily most of the regional trains departs from Østerport that is located closer to the pier so until CMPort reveals any info about shuttles then I would suggest taking a taxi to Østerport.

The train travel times that i posted are from Østerport,trains from the Central Station will have a travel time from 19 to 26 minutes but a taxi will be more expensive compared to a trip to Østerport.

This trip costs 96 DKK (8 zone single ticket)

A 24 hour train ticket costs 130 DKK so it will save you some money.

Dragør

Dragør is a little less time consuming and bus 350 S will take you directly to Dragør from Nørreport station

As you can see the bus goes every 15th minute on a Saturday and the trip takes 42 minutes

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200035010000&stop_gid=9025200000048485

Again as long as i don´t know the transport situation from pier C330 then i would suggest taking a taxi to Nørreport.

The location of bus 350S at Nørreport

The price for this trip is 36 DKK onmeway (3 zone ticket)

It is possible to walk to Nordhavn Station and then take a train to Østerport, Nørreport or København H (Central station) but it will take around 30 minutes or so.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Unicef+F%C3%A6rgehavn+Nord,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Nordhavn+st,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.714428,12.617847&sspn=0.007869,0.01929&geocode=FXwiUgMdd4jAAClxTgmvuVJSRjEQ1n66K0KO4Q%3BFRAAUgMdFR7AACkNFsfZ7lJSRjGbh0DwCZFRdw&oq=nordhavn&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ls&z=15

Carlsberg/Tivoli

The Carlsberg Visitors center closes at 17:00 and they recommend that you use 1,5 hour so no later than 15:30. :D

S train line B towards Høje Taastrup, Line B towards Ballerup/frederikssund and Line H towards Frederikssund will get you to Enghave station from where the visitors center is in walking distance.

Tivoli is located next door to København H (Central Station)

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Bryggerhesten+1,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Enghave+st,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.664661,12.534907&sspn=0.007879,0.01929&geocode=FaNhUQMdMTi_ACkvvmaYmlNSRjHGK260XRc0Sw%3BFVhbUQMdXla_AClfCAS6nFNSRjHwjoY1Zy90Yg&oq=Bryggerhesten+1&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ls&z=17

My favourite place in Tivoli is Either Cafe Ultima for italian food or Tivolis beergarden for authentic german Snitzels ( is that the English word) or roasted Chicken.

If you want more authentic Danish food then Brødene Price, Grøften, or Færgekroens Bryghus is the place.

http://www.tivoli.dk/en/mad/

Did i cover every thing? :D

In reading this post I looked to see if Dragor is some place I might want to go since I will be in Copenhagen 2 days pre and 1 day post cruise. A website said to take bus 30 from Copenhagen's Central Station directly to Dragor and that it is 10-12 km. Is the 350S the same thing? If it is not the same, which one would be better to take?

Thanks. You have given me a lot of info. Do you think that Kronborg or Dragor would be the best bet?

Thanks Karen (I sure I will have more questions so thanks in advance)

I would say Helsingør because of Kronborg (Hamlets castle) and the new maritime museum.

In reading this post I looked to see if Dragor is some place I might want to go since I will be in Copenhagen 2 days pre and 1 day post cruise. A website said to take bus 30 from Copenhagen's Central Station directly to Dragor and that it is 10-12 km. Is the 350S the same thing? If it is not the same, which one would be better to take?

According to the transport authority (movia.dk) then Bus 30 only goes to Søvang on the southern tip of Amager.

Dragør is located southeast.

But if you take the airport train from the central station and get off at Tårnby station you can catch bus 350S from there and save some time.

Both train and bus runs frequently so there is no need for a timetable.

Edited by Danish viking