Wonderful Copenhagen

any help or ideas would be appreciated..We are travelling with our grandma who has some breathing issues so finds it hard to keep up with a walking tour. Can someone point me in a direction for a tour or anything that would be appropriate for her..I know the little Mermaid is high on her list!! thanks

Can you tell me the website for making the reservation to your icebar. I have read some reviews and it sounds unique. I have tried but I don't get in.thanks

I saw on the website that the ice bar in Copenhagen closed in December. Or maybe I was looking at a different ice bar. I was disappointed as we wanted to go to the one in Copenhagen since we probably won't have time in Stockholm.

We have a few days at the end of our cruise (which does not go to Norway). Is it worth going to Oslo and back (our flight leaves from Copenhagen) even if just for 6 or 7 hours in Oslo. The ferry isn't likely any more expensive than a couple of nights in a hotel in Copenhagen. We're from Canada so may not get back to the Baltics. Thank you.

This is a great thread.

DW and I were married in Lyngby, just north of Copenhaven. We are booked on the NCL 14 day Norway, Faroe Islands, Iceland, etc. cruise 22 September 2014 and will look forward to coming back to Copenhaven for a few days.

Are you visiting Copenhagen precruise?

I know that I'm a little biased but I would rather stay a few days in Copenhagen than being a few hours in Oslo.

The ferry trip is nice but you will use 2*16,5 hours on a ferry where you could have seen alot more of Copenhagen.

True but the 16 1/2 hours is overnight so the ferry will be our "hotel" each way and likely no more expensive than a hotel room on land. I'm really torn. We arrive in Copenhagen early afternoon, leave late the next day on the cruise and have 3 nights somewhere before flying out of Copenhagen mid-afternoon. So, we either divide up roughly 4 days in total (minus going from airport to hotel to cruise ship), see Copenhagen in 4 different 1/2 day sprints and have a taste of Oslo at roughly the same cost or spend the 4 days in and around Copenhagen. Thank you again.:confused::confused:

But if you feel that 2 half days are enough then you should go to Oslo.

The ferry is docked at the downtown area of Oslo so and despite of what I'm saying its actually a wonderful city with the kontiki museum and the Munch museum and the Vigeland sculpture park is interesting.

THANK YOU AGAIN!! I'm really leaning towards doing this. I think I asked you this question months ago but I can't find that post. Are there lockers at the ferry terminal in Copenhagen where we can 1) leave our luggage for a few hours when we get off our cruise and 2) leave our biggest suitcases if we do the b2b to Oslo?

Thanks. Gee, we all ought to be buying you a beverage in Denmark!!!:D

When i say Coca Cola i do of course also mean Fanta and Sprite, i have yet to see other of their brands in the Zero version.

The range of sugar free products are Coca Cola Light (diet Coke), Coca Cola Zero, Fanta Zero and Sprite Zero and Nestea White Peach.

http://www.coca-cola.dk/nordic-corp/da_DK/pages/products/cocacolalight.html?cat=lt

Royal Unibrew makes Faxe Kondi Zero and Pepsi Max

http://www.royalunibrew.com/Default.aspx?areaid=1

Thanks so much for the information and the links. :) I had been worried that I would be drinking mostly water there and on the ship.

@ CaptainDMW

Just say time and place and we have a deal :D

The old thread got closed for some reason so that is the reason that you can´t find the info.

I got the question about luggage storage at the ferry terminal a few years back and the answer was no but they have luggage storages at the central station instead.

They have 24 hour storage but ask them if they can keep them longer.

DSBGarderobe@dsb.dk

But if you want to ask DFDS anyways then here are the email adress.

dkinfo@dfdsseaways.dk

The ferries has just been totally renovated and also renamed, Crown of Scandinavia is now Crown Seaways and Pearl of Scandinavia is now Pearl seaways.

If you look at the pictures its now blue instead of white with the blue stripe.

Crown Seaways

http://ferry-site.dk/ferry.php?id=8917613&lang=en

Pearl Seaways

http://ferry-site.dk/ferry.php?id=8701674&lang=en

@ Mysticks1

Water should be good for you :D naah I´m just kidding.

I am happy that i could help you.

Edited by Danish viking

I am trying to plan out my 2 1/2 days in Copenhagen pre-cruise in mid-August. A couple of questions

1) Can we/should we see both Amalienborg Castle and Rosenborg Castle? Can they both be done on the same day/morning?

2) How far away is the Freeport Terminal compared to Langelinie? I was planning on seeing the Little Mermaid Statue and Gefoin Fountain on the way to Langline but it seems like we'll be at the Freeport Terminal. Wondering ifLangelinie is on the way to Freeport and we could just get a taxi to stop at those 2 spots for a photo opportunity on the way to the dock. I am thinking I could move this to day 2 before the Castle(s) open if needed.

Edited by blonde1981

Thanks! We'll be staying at the Square hotel so I'll use the map you gave me and reroute it. I like that google has the walking times. I'll also check out the bus routes as we plan on buying the Copenhagen Card.

Edited by blonde1981

I don't know what walking route it suggest but but if you start at Amalienborg (or maybe the canal tour) then just walk down Strøget.

Its the longest pedestrian street in Europe or atleast its has been.

It starts at Rådhuspladsen where Hotel The Square is located and ends at Kongens Nytorv where Nyhavn with the canal tours are located and Amalienborg and the Marble Church is located close by.

Ok. Well we should be somewhat familiar as I have us planned to arrive, check into the hotel, then stroll around Stroget and have lunch then take in the Round Tower (I don't have the Danish name in front of me) and then Nyhavn for dinner the day we arrive. I'm trying to keep the first day light so we can get use to the time difference. Our main touring will be the next day.

Danish Viking,

I have a Streetwise Inc Copenhagen map in front of me and see that harbor bus route 902 goes north from Knippelsbro to Norde Toldod. These stops appear to be the best stops to pick up a harbor bus from around the Church of Our Savior to get to the Danish Resistance Museum.

Can you point me to where I can take a look at the schedule on how often they come around to these stops? Are they reliable/timely? I will probably bypass this mode of transportation if they don't come often.

I worked through the movia.dk site but I'm not able to pinpoint the harbor buses. Plan B is to take Bus 1A which the Movia site showed me. Don't mind walking from the church to the resistance museum either (that's Plan C!) But, I thought a harbor bus would be more efficient and an adventure.

Thank you very much for your guidance on this!

Melissa

And i can´t even write in danish Its Refshaleøen. :o

The timetable is here

Mandag - Fredag means Monday- Friday

Lørdag means Saturday

Søndag og Helligdag means Sunday and Holidays

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Timetable%20Resources/991-0991-121012-r.pdf

Thank you so much! and for the pdf! I just couldn't figure out how to get to a schedule on the movia.dk site.

I appreciate your help!

Melissa